FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Good Way to Help Blogs on Frihost!

Ghost Rider103
After looking at the new layout, I came up with a great idea to influence people to use their blogs on Frihost.

At the top of the page, we have featured discussions. Well with this new layout, I think we should cut the Featured Discussion box on half, and on the other half, lets have "Latest Members Blog Post" or something similar to that name.

The problem with the blogs right now, is that people don't really have a way of knowing when there is a new blog post from someone. I think this would really boost the blog posts.
Bondings
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
After looking at the new layout, I came up with a great idea to influence people to use their blogs on Frihost.

At the top of the page, we have featured discussions. Well with this new layout, I think we should cut the Featured Discussion box on half, and on the other half, lets have "Latest Members Blog Post" or something similar to that name.

The problem with the blogs right now, is that people don't really have a way of knowing when there is a new blog post from someone. I think this would really boost the blog posts.

That's indeed a good idea. I was thinking of either making a link to the blogs as a forum (I mean in a category, just like a forum), but this seems good to.

Although your idea might actually give too much attention to the blogs. Wink
ocalhoun
Bondings wrote:

Although your idea might actually give too much attention to the blogs. Wink

Could there be such a thing as too much attention to the blogs?
As long as there are ads there, it can only help.
deanhills
I think Bondings is right, blogs would definitely get more attention, and divert from the energy and focus that was intended for posting, once you have opened the forum page. People may get diverted from the forum and get involved in discussions that are attached to the blogs. And bottomline is to get as many postings as possible of course.

I was also thinking about the space available at the top of the page, and was wondering whether instead of listing the active posters who are online at the bottom of the page, to put them on top of the Forum Index. People have their blogs attached to their names, so if someone should click on the active posters links, there may be a slight benefit of having the blog available in a more subtle form. That would also be more fair to those regular posters in a way, rather than listing all the blogs with no real benefit for Bondings in terms of postings being made.
Animal
As a development of this suggestion, instead of a "latest blog post" entry on the forum, why not implement an RSS feed that Frihosters could subscribe to? This could be the latest posts globally on the Frihost Blog system rather than on a per-user basis. People are more likely to see new and varying content that way, and it'd probably encourage comments etc.
tchaunt
I really like Animal's idea. I second it. An RSS feed for Fri host would be great.
rvec
Animal wrote:
As a development of this suggestion, instead of a "latest blog post" entry on the forum, why not implement an RSS feed that Frihosters could subscribe to? This could be the latest posts globally on the Frihost Blog system rather than on a per-user basis. People are more likely to see new and varying content that way, and it'd probably encourage comments etc.
I thought this was suggested before? Don't remember where, but I was waiting for it to be implemented so I could make the bot on irc show the title of the last blog when new ones are made.