FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Open Universities Australia

jylan
Just wondering whether anyone from AU - or overseas, has done a university unit though Open Universities Australia? Basically OUA is a conglomerate of Australia universities which let people study things, regardless of qualifications, age or education level.

BTW I'm thinking about doing the NED units, which are run by Curtin University in Western Australia.
shrykull
Hi, I am not from AU but I am curious if this Open Uniwersity is for free and do you have to pass some tests to be a student of an Open University? What faculties do they offer? I mean, can someone become a doctor of medicine upon graduation?

Regards,
Shrykull
jylan
Hi shrykull,

I'll try answering your questions but you would probably have better luck contacting them at their online form.

International students can study though OUA, although the fees per unit are more expensive (on average about $800 AUD), so no OUA isn't free. And yes, if you register your interest towards studying for a bachelor or something like that, once you've done the units required, the university that you've been doing the bachelor from will give you the qualification, just like a normal university. For example, see the Bachelor of Arts (Internet Studies) that I will probably work towards. You can also view a full list of Undergraduate or Postgraduate Qualifications.

OUA is actually a group of Australian universities that provide units, they include Curtin University (the one I'm studying web design through), University of South Australia, RMIT & Griffith University.