FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

David Blaine/Real Magic

tidruG
Right, so instead of going off-topic in the magical online card trick thread, I thought it better to make a new topic.

I'm guessing a lot of people know who David Blaine is and who the Mondo Magic dudes are... Now, I haven't watched Mondo Magic, but I've watched pretty much all the DB specials. That guy is awesome...

Share your thoughts on this and tell us whether you think he's doing some "real" magic there, or just some illusion? And more importantly, tell me whether you think he's actually reading your mind or he just has some trick for that...

Wow, I don't remember the last time I created a topic... I think the only other time I created a topic in General Chat was the Suicide thread (not counting the little sticky up there).... hmm...
monty
I dont think that his tiricks are real.....

I dont believe him

DO u?
nik
not magic at all you just got focused on what he want' you to see... it's not so simple but's it's trick nothing more.
wistom
i remember the topic. That's not magic. i think thats because you couldnt remember the card which you have seen in the second time.
budazz
monty wrote:
I dont think that his tiricks are real.....

I dont believe him

DO u?
that's why it was called to be a trick..because it is only a trick.... Shocked
coolclay
I am an amateur magician, and if you believe what you see during a magic trick your more gullible then I had ever imagined humanly possible.

Once you learn how the eyes, and the mind of humans work you can trick them into seeing just about anything you want them too. Its all a matter of tricking the human mind into seeing or not seeing something that is really there.
threezeroone
really? so what things or tricks can you do to deceive someone?
Sunny
DAVID ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Whatever he does, However he does, Wherever he does, I'm a big fan for him. I dont think stuff he does is just tricks, How can you read someone's mind using tricks?. He's very skilled and has to be something special in him for sure.
Rimfire
Here is a video of my brother levitating. I can do it as well.

http://media.putfile.com/williamlevitate Wink
Indyan
Man some of David's trick made me go crazy!I knw it is all trick but how the heck does he do it!
babumuchhala
The tricks he does make me go Bonkers, On how he does it. May be standing in AIR or Ripping the Head of a Chicken & putting it back in place or getting the card on the otherside of the glass.

Man he does all this in presence of all street goers. Is it Magic or Trick is what no one can No.
rexrae
Knowledge from deep within....

Human beings are 85% gods.
3% less and he is a neanderthal.
3% more and he is a DavidBlaine.
15% more and he is a God.

None has discovered what powers the mind holds,what can be effected just by thinking, because none so often has attained/discovered that kind of mental power and integrity. How is he able to do those tricks, its because he knows in which complex way its done which cannot be comprehended by a simpler mind easily.
He is i think ,like an example of what each and every human can achieve.

Quote:
Rimfire: Here is a video of my brother levitating. I can do it as well.

http://media.putfile.com/williamlevitate Wink

how please,please,pleeeaze..... Shocked Confused Surprised Smile Very Happy
macgyver
does he really flying around ?
I saw in one of the episode
Dimaod
All tricks its not true....
I was watching TV maybe 2 month ago and one man told about all secrets of this tricks.....
Its very interesting.....
They are using a lot of technics in their tricks....
silvermesh
Im a born scheptic. Magic is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

I am indeed impressed by the types of tricks David Blaine(and that new guy whatever his name is, "Mindfreak") does. I'd really like to find out the secrets behind the tricks.
Jack_Hammer
There is no such thing as real magic, only tricks. See Derren Brown.
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/M/mindcontrol/index.html
www.derrenbrown.co.uk

For more Watch:
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/M/mindcontrol/streaming/dbdoll.ram
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
If we feel that our brains are being overloaded with information, we panic and start to become confused. In this situation, if we're given a simple instruction, we grasp it like a lifeline. This technique is used in tricks to persuade people to behave in ways that are completely out of character. When commands are issued at the end of a stream of confusing instructions, people are so relieved they can finally understand what's being said that they will do whatever they're told.
cnnet
I know its not real
but I admire him at all
Jack_Hammer
Some of the things he has done are real some of them are disputed, also depending on who you are commenting on Derren Brown or David Blaine.
NightsCuriosity
I dont think any of it is real...I think its all just eye tricks. I guess you also have to be there....the camera people could be doing some angle tricks...
kutegoddezz
It's hard to tell whether or not his tricks are real because I have not stood witness to them. I wonder if they are set ups, but it doesnt seem so according to the reactions of the people in the shows.
NuniPio
Sunny wrote:
DAVID ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Whatever he does, However he does, Wherever he does, I'm a big fan for him. I dont think stuff he does is just tricks, How can you read someone's mind using tricks?. He's very skilled and has to be something special in him for sure.

u sayin hes possessed?
please.be.quiet
haha, david blaine is cute