FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can JUNK-threads and SPAM-threads be deleted from the forum?

deanhills
The real JUNK-type threads are sometimes beyond a joke. Maybe the moderators could be given discretion to delete obvious threads like that and allow Frihosters to forfeit the points they had earned for their junk postings as strictly speaking they are not really valid postings. I am sure you must have seen some of those junk threads that result in one word or single line comments.

Particularly worrisome are the spam threads. We once had a case where we had been spammed. I unintentionally replied to the spam posting. After another reply referring to the thread being spammed as a spam thread, it got locked. Perhaps there needs to be a rule for all spam postings, that the thread be deleted and those who posted loose their points for junk postings. Neither I nor the other person deserved the points for those postings anyway, but by the time I comprehended it had been spam it was too late to delete the posting as the thread had already been locked.
rvec
most of the time we do spamcan the post, and I think points are removed for those posts. But when topic becomes a long thread, when a topic should stay so others won't start or because the reason has to be public we lock the posts. I don't think this'll change.