FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Form Processing Email Not Sent

Dennise
My HTML/PHP form processing script should send an email containing the form's contents.

While all appears normal when my website visitor completes the form and then clicks the "Submit" button, NO email is sent. There are NO error messages.

This problem occurs on my sub domain website which I suspect is where the problem lies. On my primary FriHost website, the form email is sent and received OK. But no email is sent when the form is submitted on my sub domain website.

Any ideas? Rolling Eyes
Hogwarts
What's the URL?

Dennise wrote:
Any ideas?

An error like this is generally the result of a poorly written script. I doubt it'd be server configuration. Try putting
Code:
<?php error_reporting(E_ALL); ?>

at the top of your page
sonam
Like Hogwarts wrote this is 99,99999% problem in HTML/PHP coding not in server. Maybe your script check referer and if this referer is not your main domain then don't send mail. Without code is quite heavy to tell anything more. Post here error (if you get it) or code of your processor.

Sonam
Dennise
It's working now but I didn't change anything.

As FriHost sometimes appears quite busy, I was probably expecting the emails too soon. They did appear about an hour later. Normally, I receive 'em within a minute after hitting the "Sumbit" button on my web page.

When doing website testing, I'll try to be more patient.

Thanks for the replies Very Happy
mOrpheuS
Dennise wrote:
As FriHost sometimes appears quite busy, I was probably expecting the emails too soon. They did appear about an hour later. Normally, I receive 'em within a minute after hitting the "Sumbit" button on my web page.

The servers couldn't possbily have been that busy, seeing how websites were working just fine.
Infact, quite often, the delay in mails is not due to server load.

It could be because of the way some recepient servers behave. They might, on the slightest suspicision of spam originating at the sender, respond with 421 response code.
This forces the sending server to wait an indefinite period of time before retrying the message delivery, and this time it gets successfully delivered.

Yahoo! is notorious for doing this - http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/postmaster-21.html .
loyal
Dennise wrote:
My HTML/PHP form processing script should send an email containing the form's contents.

While all appears normal when my website visitor completes the form and then clicks the "Submit" button, NO email is sent. There are NO error messages.

This problem occurs on my sub domain website which I suspect is where the problem lies. On my primary FriHost website, the form email is sent and received OK. But no email is sent when the form is submitted on my sub domain website.

Any ideas? Rolling Eyes

Peace.

You could try finding another script for a form feedback. Unless you mean you've written the script yourself.
But if you haven't try www.hotscripts.com