FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Screamin Jets @ the Gov

bjwok
I was a tad apprehensive about this gig, the screaming jets never really took my fancy back in their hey day and i had not heard a single thing that they have recorded since "better" (and the rest from that album "all for one" back in 91).

during my high school days, this band was all the rage, their soft rock ballads hitting a niche market nicely between the chart listening public and the "alternative crowd". i was asked to shoot the gig at the last minute, so i thought what the hey, could be good for a blast from the past.

the show rocked pretty hard, the band seemed like they were on a mission to show that they still have "it". it was their first gig for the year and it looks like this could be their comeback year. silly facials and stage antics made for a great spectacle, and their new (to me anyway) tracks were hard, heavy and punchy, and i left pretty happy to have seen a band i had thought long since dead.

rockstar
Good review, nice pictures. I found this band via thier cover of the 60s classic "Eve of Destruction" a few years back. Never having much (any?) impact here in the UK is a shame.
I guess that our home grown equivelent would be Thunder (Early 90s hit album and singles, still touring, but more recent releases not reaching the height of the first few).
Maybe The Screaming Jets might do some gigs over here. We have a large Ozzie community, and quite a few fans too.
David_Pardy
Man, those are some fantastic photos!
bjwok
thanks guys,

yeah the cover of barry mcquire's eve of destruction is pretty impressive. (barry is touring here in march - sweet!). from what i understand, the screaming jets are touring heavily this year, but i am not sure if that will include outside oz Sad