FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - 'see' or 'skip'
See it! I like it and think its definitely worth a watch.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Skip it! Dribble... Only watch after a frontal lobotomy.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
So-so. If you like the others, you may like this - otherwise don't bother.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

eznet
So, I was curious as to if anyone else has seen this or not? My wife and I went to check it out yesterday (Sunday) and were quite pleased with the experience. All in all, I felt that it felt very similar to the previous installments in the series, while simultaneously fleshing out new depth and details to the characters and their stories.

Based primarily around stories concerning the histories of the Vampires and Lycans mentioned in previous Underworlds, this story provided many familiar faces and characters, while also adding a great deal of new ones. I was pleased with how some of the finer new points were made to mesh with the parts of the story that fans already know from the previous Underworlds. Overall, I was happy about how this prequel was carried out - both new while remaining faithful to the old (if you can call a couple of years old "old").

I am trying to remain ambiguous on the details here as to not spoil it for fans unwittingly stumbling here from abroad. Basically, for me, it was a "see" - likely, I will see it again. I liked it and am curious about you all.

So, Frihost Community, how about you all? See it? Happy or not?
keane
I saw this movie last weekend and it's worth watching.
silverdown
I want to see this movie, I have the other 2 on DVD and seen them. I also like the vampire subject as well. Smile
Zaini711
Saw it, like the earlier one better, or is it because Kate Beckinsale is not in the latest one. Not too bad but I dont like the fact that 90% of the movie is in the dark. The fight scene should be more highlighted and if there is some better light during the sequence, the audience will better enjoy the fighting.
eznet
Zaini711 wrote:
Saw it, like the earlier one better, or is it because Kate Beckinsale is not in the latest one. Not too bad but I dont like the fact that 90% of the movie is in the dark. The fight scene should be more highlighted and if there is some better light during the sequence, the audience will better enjoy the fighting.

Yea, I agree... The movie was very dark - at times, detracting from the scene. I also had gripes with the Audio... I recently viewed the Bluray on my 6.1 Sony Surround system and had to blast it just to hear the dialog... I even tried sending the sound just to the TV speakers, but the issue remained - "action" noise was VERY loud, while the voices were almost unhearable...
eznet
silverdown wrote:
I want to see this movie, I have the other 2 on DVD and seen them. I also like the vampire subject as well. Smile

Have you checked out the Trueblood series on HBO? Its really good so far... I have a friend who have read the books (I think there are like 15 of em) and she said that they are great as well... My wife and I are both Vampire (werewolf, monster, scifi, fantasy, etc,.) fans also and love the series...