FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can locked discussions be pushed to bottom of forum list?

deanhills
I'm all for locking discussions when there is no substance in them and especially happy with Chris and James007's recent clean sweep exercise. Since there are so many of these locked discussions these days, is it possible to push them to the bottom of the list of discussions, rather than keep them in their original places? It would look cleaner that way, and since most of the locked discussions really are junk anyway, they can go to the bottom where they really belong ? Smile
truespeed
They could possibly create a sub forum archive forum,within all the different catagories,and dump them all in there,i don't think you can demote a topic,as they are all listed by last post date.
ocalhoun
Under the normal flow of the forum, they'll be pushed to the bottom soon, because they can't be bumped back to the top ever.
AftershockVibe
They shouldn't be pushed to the bottom. This happens quickly enough as it is.
If a moderator locks a thread then presumably the people who posted are going to wonder where it's gone... if they can't find it not only is it annoying and confusing but they are more likely to repost (which of course requires another locking... which gets pushed down... so they post again. Ad infinitum.)

Confused
Blaster
AftershockVibe wrote:
They shouldn't be pushed to the bottom. This happens quickly enough as it is.
If a moderator locks a thread then presumably the people who posted are going to wonder where it's gone... if they can't find it not only is it annoying and confusing but they are more likely to repost (which of course requires another locking... which gets pushed down... so they post again. Ad infinitum.)

Confused

Thats a good way of putting it. Also what if something important was in there? Maybe a link to another topic that is talking about the same thing.
Bondings
They are pushed towards the button due to no new posts and I think that's the best thing to do. Real spam topics are removed most of the time.