FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

body heat..

internetjobs
i am having too much body heat.. i feel it any time. is there any reason for this? please suggest me to reduce the boxy heat. i tried having curd, fruits, ice cream, etc.. but i am looking for permanent solutions.. is there anything in the medicine side?
deanhills
internetjobs wrote:
i am having too much body heat.. i feel it any time. is there any reason for this? please suggest me to reduce the boxy heat. i tried having curd, fruits, ice cream, etc.. but i am looking for permanent solutions.. is there anything in the medicine side?

Must be something to do with your metabolism. Possibly you need to go and see a doctor for this and let him run some tests. Could be that some of your hormones are overactive. The doctor may be able to diagnose which they are, and then prescribe medication for it.
Bikerman
Since you do not say how old you are, and we have no other details to go on, then it would be silly to offer advice. There are many conditions which can lead to problems with the body thermostat - most people are familiar with the 'hot flushes' that afflict many menopausal women, but there are other conditions which can produce similar symptoms. Eating cold foods will not help - you need to suss out what the actual problem is. It could be a hormonal problem, for example. You really need to consult your GP.
HamsterMan
Have you actually tried taking your temperature to make sure it is all not just literally in your head?

The normal human temperature is 36.8 C 0.7 C. When you have an infection of some kind your built-in thermostat will increase your body temperature to help get rid of the bacteria/viruses in your body, but there are even some other, sometimes serious, causes that can give you long lasting and recurring fevers.
Crinoid
If you are not post-menopausal and doctor found nothing wrong with your metabolism, then you may try to change your environment (if you can afford this): northerners may feel bad in high heat weather and at work, where the rooms are heated for the people from much warmer climate. Dress lightly, multilayered for easier adaptation, cool drinks, when possible.
I didn't find another way to solve this problem.
tony
Yes; if it is serious, you may want to see a doctor about it...
Ghost Rider103
Try drinking lots and lots of water. You may be extremely dehydrated.

I personally drink 12 bottles of water daily, and a few glasses of juice/milk. Just give that a try.
DarkReaver
Are you a male or female? also, about what age are you?

First off, water helps the body regulate its tempterature. Or put a cool wet towel on your abdomen, also i have heard that eating more fenugreek helps bring the body tempterature down as well.
Helios
^ Yeah, but these are only local and temporary solutions.

I wouldn't be lazy and go to my GP as soon as possible. Better be sure than doubting.