FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making fun of a country

fladry
Do you guys know that a bolleywood film "chandani chowk to china" claimed that buddha was born in their country- india although Buddha was actually born in Nepal. Buddhism is a famous religion. And should any film claim such fake things? It is currently banned in nepal.
blk3
I think you should change your topic title, it seems like the movie is not making fun of Nepal, just taking claims from Nepal. Anyway its just a movie, there have been lots of movies where real facts are twisted or changed just to make the movie more fun.
PennyLane
Indeed. I agree with blk3. Look at the Borat movie... I laughed a lot with it. Why? Because it was funny. And it was just a movie. Why ban something? I think that's ridiculous, but that's just my opinion....
brifreak69
Aren't stories supposed to be fiction? Why ban a movie if everything is supposed to be fake anyways?
atul2242
India nad Nepal are currently different countries but when the Buddha was born they consisted of many smaller kingdoms, clans and nobody is making fun of nepal
Melacos
Guess it depends on what intention the movie has in the first place; if it's made to be fx either a comedy or political propaganda... But what it comes down to mostly, is the way the viewer chooses to recieve it. I mean, it's only provoking if anyone lets it provoke, and in many cases when people seem to be insulted by something it in fact reifies and objectivizes the statement, that probably wasn't even meant to state what it then is interpreted to be... Just think of the Mohammad drawings...
Rajiev
fladry wrote:
Do you guys know that a bolleywood film "chandani chowk to china" claimed that buddha was born in their country- india although Buddha was actually born in Nepal. Buddhism is a famous religion. And should any film claim such fake things? It is currently banned in nepal.

The thread is funny as well as the banning of the film. Some parts of India And Nepal are so offened by film they just ban it . But the funny thing is that they creat a discution and helps the film to be more famous .

And Ya, Nepal went to war with India and seperated from india in the late history. Lord Buddha was born in ancient India before 2550 years ago. So its a joke that banning a film for satying that Lord Buddha was born in India.

as a matter of fact, Majority of the Buddhists still say that the lord Buddha was born in India. So Nepal Should press charges against all those people. What a stupid country with stupid officials
:ROFL: