FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Garmin Charger

Tony The Tiger
I think someone swapped chargers with me when my car was parked in public because all of a sudden my charger is frayed and bent. It does not charge. I called Garmin international and they just agreed to send me a new one. Supposedly, I am under warranty for up to 1 year.
psycosquirrel
Awesome! I love it when companies stand behind their products, especially when you have to spend so much money on them.
Tony The Tiger
This was a rare and unusual case of excellent customer service. One thing I was surprised about though is that the only physical Garmin store in the world is here in Chicago and they made me call the service and support line to get this taken care of. However, since I bought mine on eBay and not at the store that is probably the right thing for me to have to do. Usually, a store will stand behind its products based on being the maker of the product. I found this a bit unusual, but was glad to get a replacement charger without having to pay anything.
Scubaman2051
I wonder if they would be that nice to me. My 255w just started to act up. If I plug in my car adaptor to it, sometimes it thinks it is plugged into a PC. Somehow the plugged is messed up on the unit itself. A different cable didn't help me at all.
Tony The Tiger
Scubaman2051 wrote:
I wonder if they would be that nice to me. My 255w just started to act up. If I plug in my car adaptor to it, sometimes it thinks it is plugged into a PC. Somehow the plugged is messed up on the unit itself. A different cable didn't help me at all.

I think they international office honors a 1 year warranty. When did you buy it. Maybe you got it for Christmas if it is a newer model that they still carry. I think the year actually depends on when you registered it. I registered mine at the beginning of December (or after Thanksgiving in November) sometime. I don't remember the exact date. However, when mine gave me problems on my way to DC for the inauguration, I had to buy a new charger. When they honored their warranty, I returned the extra one I bought. I don't know how they would handle the situation where the unit is the problem. Call them up and ask them if you are still under warranty.