FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you an early riser? What time do you usually wake up?

Arty
I just read an interesting blog article about the benefits of waking up early. I think I'm going to try this. I usually sleep at like 1 in the morning and wake up at around 8AM for school, often rushing to get there. I think if I change my routine and wake up earlier it might improve my lifestyle.

Anyone else find this interesting? Very Happy
sana618
it definitely would, i think there was something in the saying of the elders " early to bed, early to rise makes you healthy wealthy and wise".

i usually wake up at the call of the morning prayers. i don't keep an alarm, i'm used to waking up by myself without the help of it. the days i don't wake up my mom usually wakes me up.
Arty
Morning prayers? What is that?
missdixy
Um, well up until this semester, I used to always wake up at around 9:00-9:30ish, and an hour or two later on the weekends.

Unfortunately, having class at 9:00 a.m. means I have to wake up at 7:30 a.m. now. Bah.
Nameless
I usually get up around 7:30ish. Comparatively, my father is known to disturb the rest of the house getting up two hours earlier, and my brother is known to disturb the rest of the house going to bed four hours earlier. Laughing
hofodomo01
There seems to be a "point of no return" around noon. Either I'm able to get up around 8-9am, but if I sleep in past noon, I won't be up until 3-4pm.
Josso
Preferably like 2 in the afternoon Laughing

I don't know, I always rush in the mornings to get to college. I know I really shouldn't but I'm bad at getting up, if I set my alarm earlier I will most likely just ignore it or turn it off. I find that my body agrees with either very little or a LOT of sleep. In between never seems to work for me. They say that 7 hours of sleep is ideal but my body disagrees with science for some reason.
deanhills
I vary all the time, but really like the early morning hours. It has a special feeling to be almost the only one up and about when I get up at 3:30 a.m. But then of course I would need to be in bed by 10:00 p.m. I actually do very well on those hours. That usually happens during my disciplined moments, which have been quite consistent for a while with a few interruptions in between, and also when I travel, which I do often. My natural self likes to stay up late until 1:00 a.m. and then probably one needs to get up at 8:00 a.m., but since work starts quite early, I need to get up by 6:00 a.m., so my natural self has to be incompatible with my work schedule. Smile
Keran
During school, I wake up at 6:50 am every day, I use to wake up earlier to jog a little, but now I'm too lazy to do that... On weekends I tend to wake up at about 8-9am, sleeping longer simply makes me uncomfortable.
ocalhoun
Either 11PM or 2AM, depending whats going on that day...
And no, its not good for you ^.^
ankitdatashn
Early riser??? No way!!!!!

I wake up at 2 in the noon! can u imagine! Very Happy
beauty
Mornings feels like MONDAY.
I don,t like wake up early and if I do wake 6.00am my eyes will feel dry all day long. Not cool.

Regards
Garfield
prayman
UGH, im a late riser, almost ALWAYS!
but there are occasions when i get up early
standready
6am! If for some reason I sleep later, I feel like the day is already shot.
I do get a bit touchy when my overseas customers forget the time difference and calls at 2am.
andersonic
On a normal working day, about 6:30.
I'm out of work at the minute though, so my sleep pattern is messed up, sometime getting up at mid-day and sometimes not going bed until that time!
airh3ad
i usually wake up at the call when the sun rise already 7:00 am - 8:00 am my period of wake up ..or depends if i have important matters to do i wake up around 5:00am in the morning.
ParsaAkbari
I usually wake up at 6:40 am and sleep at around 10.30pm
Rosabelle
I wake up at 6:30 AM on weekdays and on the weekends I usually sleep until 8:00 AM. On weekdays I probably go to bed at 10:00 or 10:30, and on weekends I go to bed at 11:00 to 11:30.
Cove
Hmm...well for me it varies depending on what clss I have that day. I either wake up at 7 or 10. I really do need to go to bed earlier, but I'm always up with friends or doing homework until 3 or 4 in the morning :/
sana618
Arty wrote:
Morning prayers? What is that?

Muslims pray five times a day and one of the prayer time is early in the morning just before the sunrise. that is the morning prayers.
Runescapetown
On school days i wake up at about........................ 7:30 am too 8+ am... (hate waking up that early) And on weekends i wake up at like 9-10ish. I find waking up later makes you think better and you feels like you have more energy also.
mk12327
I usually sleep until 11+ pm during weekends and 5.30 am during weekdays. I do agree about having many benefits for waking early. However, there are many cases of "night owls" whom simply does not have any energy in the morning. Not being able to concentrate and easily being grumpy are some of the side effects for such people. Not sure if this can be changed after a certain period of transition in lifestyle, but even if so, it would be a tough fight to change such long-standing bio-clock.
saratdear
If it is a normal day at school, I have to get up at 6:30-ish. And these days, due to exams, I get up at 5 AM. Sad And if it is a no school day, 8AM.

And yes, I go to sleep between 10 and 11. Not later than that, usually.
bigt
Arty wrote:
I just read an interesting blog article about the benefits of waking up early. I think I'm going to try this. I usually sleep at like 1 in the morning and wake up at around 8AM for school, often rushing to get there. I think if I change my routine and wake up earlier it might improve my lifestyle.

Thanks, I'm going to check out that article. I wake up early compared to everyone else, 6a.m., but that's really just enough time to get ready and out the door for work.
Arty
Well, the morning after I made this topic, I woke up at 7AM (slept at 11PM).
The day after, I slept at like 11:30 and woke at 7:20 (Sad)
And, last night I slept at 1:30AM and woke at 11AM. Very Happy

I just can't see the point of sleeping early on the weekend Sad No matter how much I want to be an early riser. xD
mk12327
Haha... maybe weekends should be a time to relax and sleep a while longer... =X
Parkour_Jarrod
Depends what time of the year it is.... 44/52 weeks of the year each and everyday i wake up at 6 A.M. AT THE LATEST the other 8 weeks are Summer Holidays and i sleep in till about 10 A.M. - 2 P.M. When i wake up early i find myself more alert and find it easier to concentrate/learn. But when i wake up late i cant focus on anything (thats why i sleep late in summer holidays because i dont really want to be alert on my time off Very Happy)
crimson_aria
I used to wake up around 12pm or later, wasn't really an early riser cause I slept late, but since I started working part-time, I now wake up at 6am, and around 8 or 9 am during Sundays.
AdamBeck
Ah college... Staying up late and with night classes... sleeping in late.

I actually wish I could force myself to get up early. I'm sleeping my life away!!
hfhhh8
me? I wake up at arounf 6AM in the morning to fix my stuff and to study,,, ^^
Nick2008
I wake up at 5:30AM....
Donutey
If I have no schedule I tend to end up waking at 9 or 10am. However, most of the time when I have a schedule 8am is about as early as I can go without it being painful...
mwsupra
I wake up normally at 8AM to go to work. Normally this is very early for me as I like to wake up late afternoon Razz
TurtleShell
During the week, I wake up at 6:10. On the weekends, I sleep until sometime between 7;30 and 9:30, but I usually lay in bed until my partner wakes up...around 9:00 or 9:30.
apple
I normally wake up at erm....8:30am -10am
and I am supposed to start work at 9am everyday Rolling Eyes
Alaskacameradude
I usually get up sometime between 7:30-8:30. I'd sleep in later if I could, but my kids wake me up.
I have to stay up late to work after my kids go to sleep so I'm tired in the mornings and want to keep sleeping.
SBCBC33
Hey everyone! I am quite the early riser...by choice too!

I generally sleep about 5 hours a night and am up by 4 AM. I trade currencies and commodities so I like to catch up on the news, check on my open trades, set a plan of attack on potential trades, analyze the charts during the European session, and have my morning coffee. Most productive time of the day by far for me.
Zombie
I get up around 9AM every morning to start classes
mattyj
i start work at 7:30, so im up at 6

same on weekends, dont want to waste time sleeping!

plus my kids are very early risers, so no sleeping in, in our house!
MeddlingMonk
It varies. Generally, though, I am up between 7 and 8am.
Afaceinthematrix
I HATE waking up early. I'm on the other side of the table. I like going to bed extremely late (or early in the morning - whichever way you prefer to look at it). If I didn't have to go into class until noon, I would be much better off! Classes in the evening/night would go much better for me than classes in the morning. I tend to pay a lot when I'm up at 2 AM, knowing that I have to get up for class at 6 AM. Luckily, my schedule flexuates some. For instance, on Thursday I don't go into class until 12:40, but on Tuesdays I'm in class at 07:10. I always get home from work at 22:00, though (except on Sundays).
Insanity
I also hate waking up early. It's a terrible feeling getting up early when you're desperately clinging on to your sheets, especially when it's cold, dark, and gloomy. I hate waking up in the cold. At least if it's warm I can somewhat stand it, but when it's cold, it just seems as if you have to fight against every feeling in your body telling you to not get up and get out of the bed. Probably your innate survival instincts kicking in.
psycosquirrel
When I have work, I'm up at 6am. When I have class, I'm up at 7am.

Weekends, I get up whenever my girlfriend wakes up -- usually 11am or so.
Futile
My internal clock is set for 5 am, too many years in the military. I usually just get up at that time. But if there is no reason for me to get up I will make myself go back to sleep. If I go back to sleep I will usually wake up about 7:30 – 8:30 am.
Arty
I woke up at 6:45AM today and I feel great! Very Happy
I'm going to try doing this every day now, even on the weekends.
andredesignz
because of work i of to make sure am up by 7:30am so i can reach work at 9am ... but for the week ends i'll set up about 11am 12:00 ish
biljap
I wake up every day at 6am because of work. It is fine for one or two days but, as the week is coming the end, it is getting harder and hared for me… I don’t go to sleep late because I know how I will feel in the morning but still… I would give anything if I could stay in bed for just one more hour. Sad
guissmo
I dislike waking up early. Maybe it's because I have a hard time sleeping and waking up.
I get up like after an hour my alarm clock goes off...
erlendhg
I usually wake up at 06:45 (6:45 AM) somewhat unwillingly, because I have to get to school.
The school starts at 8:30 AM, but the bus takes half an hour to take Sad
wellerchap
7am every morning, always with the alarm clock & even on days off (annoys my wife!)
I heard somewhere it's a sign of not getting enough sleep if you need the alarm clock to wake you.
ankitdatashn
hfhhh8 wrote:
me? I wake up at arounf 6AM in the morning to fix my stuff and to study,,, ^^

And look at me, these days am sleeping at 6 A.M.!!! what a contrasting situation! Surprised
Mrs Lycos
wake up time: 4pm
time that i go to sleep:7am O.O

Im in vacations XD
_AVG_
I wake up at around 8am on weekdays but at 12pm on Sundays and Saturdays,
I know it's really late but I'm trying to change my ways.
spring567
I wake up 9 o'clock . Everytime I try to wake up at 7 , but I can not do it .
adri
I took my calculator and typed 5*6.5 (in the week I get up at 6.30a.m.) + 11 (on a saturday I usually sleep untill 11-12a.m.) + 9 (On a sunday I sleep untill 9a.m.) = 52.5
52.5 / 7 (seven days a week) = 7.5

So I usually sleep untill 7.30a.m. Sad

Adri
Kaseas
I'm always up at 6, no matter what. Sometimes in special circumstances I'll wake up a little bit later if I was up late the night before.
chatrack
I was! But now at 7am.
chatrack
I was! But now at 7am.
chatrack
I was! But now at 7am.
desonium
On a normal day I come out of my bed at 7 am, I'm working on saturdays so on saturday I need to
come out my bed at 6 am.
On sundays I always sleep till something like 11 am.
waltswindows
I usually wake up at 6am every morning because of the CONSTRUCTION WORK GOING ON RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS Evil or Very Mad

its got another 6 months to go too so i will update u then about my newer, later average wakeup time.

Liam
Vladalf
I usually wake up at 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30, depending on how I sleep. I wake up so early because of nightmares and stress.
Vladalf
Zombie
well i have to get up every morning at 9 for classes.. if it wasnt for classes i would get up at noon lol
Xaferrow
I usually wake up at 4am, but sometime its 3.30am.

i go to school 6am. school starts at 6.30am
Moshkin_Khan
I'm going to try and start waking up early, thats quite interesting, I read somewhere a while back that less sleep is still enough for the body and you have more hours. It listed alot of really smart people that said they only got like 5 - 6 hours sleep a night.
Just need to decide what to do with all the free time. xD
deanhills
Moshkin_Khan wrote:
I'm going to try and start waking up early, thats quite interesting, I read somewhere a while back that less sleep is still enough for the body and you have more hours. It listed alot of really smart people that said they only got like 5 - 6 hours sleep a night.
Just need to decide what to do with all the free time. xD

I read somewhere that the most important hours of the evening for you to be asleep are from 10/11 p.m. through to 4pm. It has something to do with body rhythms. The different systems in your body, i.e. your metabolism, go through recovery at certain specific times of rest. I read that one should make sure that you are in bed before 12:00, as what your metabolism does when you are not resting, is to go into a second revving stage at that time. I don't know whether you have noticed that after great fatigue around 11:00 p.m. when it gets to after 12:00 or more, that you get a second wind. Your metabolism has revved up again, and now you will not be able to sleep anymore. So you have a double whammy here, as you miss out on the recovery of your hormones so that your metabolism can be in balance, as well as you are putting stress on your adrenaline system. Think that is why they also say you should not eat too heavy a meal for at least four hours before going to bed. Otherwise our body's resources have to occupy themselves mostly with digesting food, rather than resting and recovering.
PatTheGreat42
I am an early riser, but not by choice. I suppose you can say I'm the latest riser possible for when I have to be out and about.
jsarnold
Back in the days when i used to have a proper job I'd have to get up around 5.30. I had an hour's commute, and had to be at work by around 7.30 every day.

These days, Iw ork for myself at home, so my hours are incredibly varied. At the moment I tend to work from about 3pm to 3am, getting up about 9-10am, but sometimes I've gone to bed at about 9-10pm and started work at about 4-5am.

It's good that I never have to use an alarm clock, or even look at the clock. My days are timed by the sun, and how I feel. I don't even have a watch now.
stel4e
I wake up at 7.00am on weekdays because I have to go to work, and on the weekends I usually wake up at 9.00am, no matter when I go to sleep .. usually around 3.00am ..... And if I have been out till 5 or 6.00am .. then I wake up around 11.00-11.30am .. hehehhe I don't know how this works... but it's good for me because I can do a lot of things Smile
ese87
a little bit.. i got a boner about 6.30am dismornin
standready
No sleep last night! Got up at 4am yesterday, so I have been up for a long while now. Probably won't be in bed til midnight tonight. I need more COFFEE!
ProfessorY91
These types of sites piss me off. Seriously who the hell reads "steve pavlina" no life, people happy, ... I could go on and all that. What you people need is discipline. Now, this may sound extremely arrogant, impossible, or both, but if you need motivation to get up in the morning or you snooze your alarm clock a million times, why bother, you evidently don't have a good enough reason to get up, so DONT. If you do, you'll get your ass up when you should, through "fear of the consequences" of not doing so. Regardless, if you want to make something into a habit, it should be through discipline, not through reading shitty articles about how to go about doing something. Granted it may make it easier, and you may feel better and less insecure if you know more about what your doing - but ultimately when push comes to shove its YOU that has to get YOUR ASS out of bed. I've never had any problems waking up for something I find important, because its IMPORTANT. Good grief.
j_f_k
Arty wrote:

most important thing is the 8 hours of quality sleep which can occur at any point on the clock, really. That said, if you need to get up around 8am for school then you are DAMN LUCKY, and also means bed by midnight.

That said - depending on your room, if you start to get light at 6.30 or 7 then the quality of your sleep isn't as good - body is designed to sleep in the dark not the light. This is part of why you still feel s**t after a late night bender (even if you weren't hammered) and you wake up at midday after, say or 4-5 am bedtime, because lots of that time was spent sleeping in light.
tocapa
Well this quarter my earliest class is at 12 so I don't set my alarm, since I tend to get up around 11, but if I get up too late I just skip that class. If I had an earlier class I would definitely set my alarm so I could get up in time, but right now I just don't worry about (I like my sleep and I am very lazy).
nolimitcare
normally i sleep in because the econemy sux and i have no job Wink however i'll be waken up way early tomorrow to head out and look for a job, wish me luck and let me kno if ur hireing lol...
SpellcasterDX
Yea I suppose I am. I wake up at around 6:40 AM on weekdays/schooldays. On weekends, well, there's not much difference. Unfortunately, I wake up at pretty much the same time. (7AM, 7:30AM, 8AM, 8:30AM at the latest.) I'm just weird I guess. I really try hard to sleep in, but I just can't seem to.
Triple_7
Depends on what day of the week it is. My work schedule changes on a daily basis based on the happenings at the farm. Only get Saturdays off. Sunday through Tuesday usually crawl out of bed around 5AM....but wake up Wednesday mornings at 4AM and till Friday night around midnight there generally is no such thing as sleep. Crying or Very sad Sometimes I'm so exhausted I just pass out on a pile of empty feed bags, but usually only get 1/2 hour if I'm lucky before the boss comes back in and wakes me up. Evil or Very Mad
malcolmpreen
I always wake up at 7am - if I don't wake myself... the dog wakes me as its time for walkies....

Whilst I used to hate the idea.... I now realise that getting up early leaves me with loads of time to do all the other things I need to do....

Malcolm
ft09
Unless i really have to I sleep until about 9-10 am (mainly because I stay up really late). but saying that, if i need to get up for work or school than i am able to do so (i just hate it!)
Ghost900
I wake up around 7:00 to 8:00 depending on when I go to bed but I wouldn't want to wake up any earlier as the rest of my family would still be sleeping.

I don't use an alarm clock but normally wake up the same time every day. Very Happy
AleSSiiOo
Normally on 7-8 am but somtimes 3-4 Pm
lantyne
im not a morning girl so i ussually wake up in 7.30 even that'll need my father to shout me out my bed hahahaha. unlesss i need to download in the early morning 4 am , im gonna sleep untill my father screams hahahaha once tough i did slept untill 12.00 pm it was nice hahaha
snowynight
sana618 wrote:
it definitely would, i think there was something in the saying of the elders " early to bed, early to rise makes you healthy wealthy and wise".

i usually wake up at the call of the morning prayers. i don't keep an alarm, i'm used to waking up by myself without the help of it. the days i don't wake up my mom usually wakes me up.

Good.
But without an alarm clock(gernerally my cell phone) I am not able to get up myself.
I have to go to work at 7:30, then I 'll have to get up before 6:30.
But actually I seldom have anything to do in the afternoon and I can go back home if I want to.
endless
I suppose i'm an early riser too, waking up between 03:00 and 05:00 am.
The weird thing is, if i go to bad late, i get up early (going to bed at 11pm makes me wake up at 2am).
andredesignz
well right now i have a new work shift so i of to wake up at 6am to get to work by 8am ... weeks i start waking at 10am Smile
carlospro7
hmmmm. I'm definitely a morning riser. I would eventually like to get there because I've heard that it's good to have a good sleeping schedule. I go to bed any time I feel there is nothing to do which is usually way past midnight and end up waking up at 10 or 11 in the morning. I don't see myself as an "early riser" for a while as it's very hard for me to get up in the morning.
evilgeniuself
I usually wake up at around 6:00 am on weekdays, and around 8:00 am on weekends. I do a lot to prepare for school in the morning, and also try to make sure I have everything together when I wake up (such as all my books in my backpack, all my homework done, etc). I also take a shower in the morning and make myself breakfast (since everyone else in my house doesn't wake up until a few hours later, when I'm gone)....
I also fall asleep around 10:00 pm, which helps.
roxys_art
I don't like mornings. I am definitely more of a night person. I would stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning if I didn't have to get up early to go to work.

So, I usually wake up around 6:20 AM on the weekdays to make sure I have enough time to get ready and get to work. On the weekends, it just depends what I have going on and how late I stayed up the night before. If I don't have anything to do, I usually get up around 10, but I don't have a set time on the weekends. I get up when I want to (unless I have something I need to get up for).
gcaughill
Arty wrote:

You should try and get 8 hours of sleep if you are an adult, more if you are teenager.
ahachmid
What time I get up depends entirely upon what shift I happen to be working. I live on base, roughly 3 minutes away from where I work. If I am on day shift (0600-1400), I get up around 0500 so that I can laze around and drink some coffee before showering/shaving and hoping in my ABUs (Airman Battle Uniform) to head off to work. If am am on Swing shift (1400-2200) I still get up between 0630-0730 depending on what time my daughter/wife's alarm clock goes off. Usually the wife is prepping herself for the workday when my daughter wakes up, so I'll take her (my daughter) downstairs, turn on Disney (usually little einsteins, mickey mouse clubhouse or handy manny) and start dispensing coffee. One cup goes back upstairs for my wife (she's not very friendly before she has her coffee) and one giant cup for me. My daughter gets juice as coffee or any type of sugar is not good for toddlers. I take my daughter to daycare around 0800 and then the rest of the day is mine. Some days I lounge around working on my web designs or playing my 360. Some days I feel the urge to interact with sunlight (as weird as it may be for someone that works in a windowless secure building) and go to they gym/track. Just depends on my mood.
I don't work mids (2200-0600) anymore because I'm the shift supervisor. In the military they say that rank has its privelages. Not having to work a crappy mid-shift because you're the guy in charge is definitly one of those benefits!
Melacos
I definitely prefer to get up around 7 am... it makes me much more awake the rest of the day, and it also has that psychological effect of making you feel like you have time to get something done that day.. However, usually I don't succeed in this, and standard would probably be around 8.30, which is alright I guess.. But yea, like everyone else - getting to bed earlier would surely improve this..
Heretic45
Since im a senior in highschool I have to get up at 7:00. If I had a choice I would be up at 12:00
chatrack
I wake up at 6 am nowadays. I have to take tution at 6.30 am and then get ready to go to work.
fladry
I generally wake up at 5:30 AM to read. But in saturdays and holidays, it my reach upto 8 AM also.
Libby
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I wake up at 2AM to get to work at 4. Rest of the week, I sleep in until 7 or 8AM.
biljap
I have to wake up at 6am because of work but I usually wake up before clock alarm, I don’t know why.
And I got used to that, even when I have few days off, and when I go to sleep late at night, I wake up at 6am, after only few hours of sleep. Sad
ForceRun
I get up when I have stuff to do, or work. usually 8AM
Arty
I'm getting up at 7:30 now.
My alarm wakes me up at 7, but I keep staying in bed until 7:30.
Confused
mtorregiani
I get up at 5:45 every day (well, except Saturdays, when I get up at 7:30; and Sundays, I get up around 9:30). It's a hard life to study so early in the morning...
ibanezbenz
i get up around 6 or 7 depending on how lazy i am that day Very Happy
ankitdatashn
waking up at afternoon these day, now that may be called as height of laziness, haha
jabce85
it all depends what shift i have to work..... naturally though i am a night dweller and usually sleep in until the mid morning.. my mind seems to be more creative during the night
Dean_The_Great
I usually get up around noon, unless there is someplace I have to be in the morning or something I have to do... ah, the lazy life.
erlendhg
Oh my, I am certainly not programmed biologically to be an early riser.
Still, I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning, because of school.
I usually make up for it in the weekends, where I sleep much, much longer.
ankitdatashn
My bodyclock has reversed, someone help meeee!!!

I sleep at 4am and wake at 1 pm. I cannot study now because of this reversal!
hamza1122
I wake up before sunrise each and everyday. Then usually go back to sleep if I feel like I need more sleep. Lol.
paskifire
I sleep around 1am and wake up at 8pm Shocked
Radar
I've been waking up at like, 5:30, 6:00, the last few days. Really kind of odd.

And then one day in the middle of waking up at 9:00, just to offset it.
Ghost900
I get up around 7:00 AM because I have Collage in the morning but when I am not going to school then I probably wake up around 8:30ish.
crossroads
I cant say that I am an early riser. I normally am awake by about 10am or 11am some times. Depending on when I work I some times have to wake up by 6am which is fine once I finally wake up but I dont really enjoy it. Some times I wake up later but thats normally only because I was awake really late the night before working or just watching tv.
BinahZ
Early is subjective Shocked
If u go to bed at 3 am then 9- 10 am is early.
Different lifestyles and jobs contribute to the varied perspective on the matter.
jabce85
i'll post a follow up to this..

i just got a job a couple weeks ago that requires me to get up at 5:30am........ i have confirmed. i am not a morning person. haha
amperx
i wake up at 6am, idk, even if i sleep at around 2am onwards, i still wake up at that time Sad, but i can try to get back to sleep if I wake up though, but its kinda annoying, I wake up at 6 no matter what lol
rayz0r
Schooldays are for six thirty am, and i sleep at about eleven to twelve the night before

But now its the holidays *Sigh*

I go to sleep at about one thirty to two thrity and wake up at like eleven thirty to twelve thirty

My parents complain consistently about me waking up so late, but all i do is play call of duty or halo three all day anyway, so i'm not missing out on much

I am NOT looking forward to school again......
nam_siddharth
I am not a early riser. I wake-up at 7:30 AM.
Jinx
My schedule is so crazy I never get to go to bed or get up at the same time each day. Some days I will be going to bed at 6pm and getting up at 2am to drive my shift, drive till noon, then back to bed around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Sometimes I get 8 hours of sleep, sometimes only 6, sometimes 10.
When I'm at home and am able to sleep on a regular schedule I prefer to go to bed around midnight and sleep till 8am, but that is very rare.

My crazy sleep schedule really wears on me. After a couple of weeks on the road I feel really worn out.

Though I have noticed that if I'm driving at sunrise as soon as the sun comes up I really perk up and feel more alert.
Ryox
I usually wakeup whenever I want, but usually. I wake up around 1or2pmish EST because I'm use to waking up around that time, but times I stay up, I usually wake up around 4-5pm but because I (soon) to have to go back to school /highschool I'll have to start waking up around 7:30AM or at 6:30AMish but I am not use to the timezone change so yea xD
clip
Before, I used to wake up every 5am. I get to do a lot of things like exercise and eat breakfast.

But since I've been sleeping late nowadays, I can't exercise and eat breakfast.

It's really great waking up early. You feel more energized in the afternoon.
Insanity
It varies greatly depending on what I'm doing or if I have anything planned for the day. For example, obviously if I have class at 8, I'll have to be up at 7 or earlier. On the other hand, if I don't have anything planned at all, I could sleep as late as 12pm. I don't usually sleep longer than that because for some reason I need to get up. I can't get more than 12 hours of sleep at the most.

I'm not a very early riser. On the contrary, I hate morning and I can take a long time to get out of bed. This means that I never wake up early than 10am if I can help it. But then again, if circumstances require that I do so, there's nothing much I can do about it.
goutha
I'm on holidays, then I wakeup at around 7am everyday.
Flakky
I want to wake up earlier and go to bed earlier since I have been reading many advantages. I tried last night but the internet kept me busy.
tekila
I don't sleep Very Happy really! 2-3 days.
Greatking
i usually wake up at 5am i love to sleep. no matter what time i sleep i make sure i get my 8 hour sleep. unless i am going to work or have an appointment i sleep till i feel my bones melt. its great really. there is one thing i have to overcome though waking up fully when my alarm bells, i am still trying to overcome that. i snooze like several minutes before waking sometimes missing the time and then having to rush. one thing saves me i prepare my clothes, books, bag, and other stuff so no matter what time i awake, i am quick enough to get to wherever i am going, either work or an appointment. hmm but guys sleeping is good!
TurtleShell
I wake up at 6:15AM, Monday through Friday and between 8:00AM and 9:30AM on weekends
furtasacra
I can't sleep in even if I want to, because my cat finds slugabeds highly objectionable and engages in all manner of shenanigans to prevent me from being one.

In fact, she does ALMOST everything the cat does in this funny cartoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
TurtleShell
A coworker of mine has that same cat problem. I sent him the youtube link. He has two cats and the female always wakes him up at 4AM. He gets to work at like 5:30 or 6 most days! Were it me I think that cat would be sleeping in the garage...
furtasacra
It's probably just as well that I have a meowing, trampling, pestering alarm clock... this time of year I'm very reluctant to get out of bed, even after I'm awake. I just want to lie snuggled up in my cocoon of blankets and daydream, so Little Miss Royal Pain in the Ass is actually doing me a favor, even though I'm not particularly appreciative of that at six in the morning.
Shadowninja7194
I usally wake up around six am to go run at school at 6:45 am. Its for XC
sudipbanerjee
From my childhood days I have to read:
Early to bed and early to rise
makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.

But due my work pressure of office and phd work and my reading habit it is not possible for me to go bed before 12.30 of night. I am not a early riser also. In weekdays I came from bed in 7 a.m and in weekend at 8.30 a.m.
guggs
Yes, I've always been an early riser although my early rise isn't as impressive as it was when I was younger Very Happy
soljarag
now that i got a job I have to wake up at 6:30 ... and i usually go to bed at 11 ... laitly i have been tired at work, so i'm thinking about trying to go to bed at 10:30.........
natilovesmike
My husband has to get up at 5:00 am and I usually wake up with him to make some coffee and have some time together in the morning...I usually don't go back to sleep after that...I goof around on the web until its time for me to get ready to go to work.
Parkour_Jarrod
Lemme put it this way, its 7AM, ive gotten dressed, had a shower, brushed my teeth, checked my emails, checked my facebook and read some Frihost topics...
Insanity
It really depends on the situation. If you have work early or school early, then you pretty much have to be an early riser. Given the choice, I would rather not wake up early and sleep in. I'm a night owl.
Sacred
I was at my dad's house last week and I seen on the news that you have a chance of having cancer when you get older if you stay up after 11:00 so I try to go to bed before 10:00 now Cool
Bikerman
Sacred wrote:
I was at my dad's house last week and I seen on the news that you have a chance of having cancer when you get older if you stay up after 11:00 so I try to go to bed before 10:00 now Cool
Oh dear. If you believe what 'the news' says about scientific issues then you are going to have a very interesting life*.
According to news outlets you also need to avoid:
Using Facebook
Toast, BBQs, any 'well done' meat, all soda and 'pop' drinks, chips hamburgers and other fast food, alcohol, farmed fish...
Working as an undertaker, mortician or pathologist
The Atkins diet
and many many more things...

* There is an old Chinese curse which reads - [i]'may you live in interesting times'[/i]
chatrack
hi,
Now a days am in a project of new site, very interesting one. So I raise up 4.30 AM daily to add up
some thing new to the project. It is better to wake up early than work for late at night
ankur209
Well.....I get off my bed at about 5am....!!

have to fix up a hell in my room....!! thats why..!!
deanhills
I'm on a wonderful vacation, and seems as though my whole lifestyle is going through a change from my usual tendency for allnighters. I'm so busy with nice stuff during the day, that I'm in bed by 11:00 p.m. Can't believe that! And up at 5:00 a.m. Wow! Then head to a private beach for lots of walking and swimming. Now this IS the life! Frihost still seems to be featuring in it though. And so is work. But from a much more oxygenated, relaxed and energetic mind.
c'tair
It depends. When I was working I would wake up at 10pm (graveyard shift). When I don't have much to do I will wake up at 6am. Lately I've been going to sleep at about 1-3am and waking up at 7am, there's too much to do, to much travelling, partying, learning, playing and all.
natilovesmike
My husband wakes up at 5:00 every morning and I wake up at 5:30 to make his coffee before he goes to work.. Razz not our idea of fun, but he works kind of far and to avoid traffic he goes early and comes back early too.
I can't wait for him to get a job closer to home so we can both sleep a little longer...specially him...at the end of the week he is so tired...all the lack of sleep accumulates in the end.
jigoku05
I'm an early sleeper. I sleep at around 3:30am! Very Happy