FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy discussion

Which Final Fantasy "group" is best?
1-6
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
7-10
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Knock offs
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
None- They all suck
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Xanatos
So I figured that since Their is quite alot of discussion on Final Fantasy I would get a survey of everyone's opinion.
Please state what you voted for and why.

As for me I prefer 7-10. It is the storylines that get me. I think epic describes them pretty well.
QrafTee
VII and IX are one of my all-time favorites, but I have to give credit to 1-6 for being the best especially when you put all six together. I would've chosen 7-10 over 1-3 or 4-6 separately. But together it is a beast from the East.
Xanatos
Have you ever played 3? I don't understand Japanese and I think it is hilarious to try and play through the game without understanding half of whats going on.
Nameless
I haven't played that many of them, but from I can tell the plotlines for ALL of the Final Fantasy games are epic. Hence the name.

But I'm still going to have to go with "knock offs" for the poll option, since I presume Final Fantasy Tactics would fall under that.
Xanatos
Nameless wrote:
I haven't played that many of them, but from I can tell the plotlines for ALL of the Final Fantasy games are epic. Hence the name.

But I'm still going to have to go with "knock offs" for the poll option, since I presume Final Fantasy Tactics would fall under that.

Yes knock offs includes tactics. which I also find to be a great game btw.
chartcentral
I have only played Final Fantasy VIII. Also am familiar enough with FF-7 and FF-X, that's why the "7-10" option gets my vote as the best Final Fantasy game "group." Smile
blk3
I would go with the 7-10 (up to 9 only actually) and Tactics. The others are way out of my time. And I stopped playing after 9.
Kelcey
4,6,7, and 9 are my favorites. Though I'd probably have to give the nod to 4 and 6 over 7 and 9.
amperx
1-6 would be the best story wise, though 4-6 are just ported versions from 1-3, but storywise it was really awesome, despite its 8bit-32bit graphics. otherthan that the successors were graphically nice already, and aok storyline.
QrafTee
amperx wrote:
1-6 would be the best story wise, though 4-6 are just ported versions from 1-3, but storywise it was really awesome, despite its 8bit-32bit graphics. otherthan that the successors were graphically nice already, and aok storyline.

4-6 are just ported version of 1-3? ... What the hell are you talking about?
b4r4t
7 was my first and my favorite ... then it will be X, then IX then X-2 and XIII ... i liked VI too (I played it on my symbian mobile phone) ... there is one more great game from squaresoft - Chrono Trigger Smile

But still VII is the best for me ... i finished it on 100% (including final limit break for Aeris and killing weapons) Smile
Dean_The_Great
I love FFVII, but for me it's all about 1-6. I fell in love with the series playing FFI, then it just got better from there... haven't played any of the really recent ones, started playing XII, but didn't really get into the new fighting/leveling style.
marzinka
FinalFantasy VII is first time for FinalFantasy series.
I played again and again. Laughing
clydejaw
For all you stoked ass xbox 360 gamers.

Final fantasy XIII is finally coming out on our gaming system!!! HELL F**KEN YEAH!!!

I was reconsidering getting my xbox because my all time favorite game was FF but now square enix is releasing it finally!!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/finalfantasy13/index.html

chyeah!!! who else is stoked
xevar25
XIII? It's cool. My brother hates XII. Lol.
vaoger
oh pal.. u lost the crystal chronicle, tactic, and chocobo.
but i thing all are great!
i love each and every one of it except XI (MMO) it does not have an ending... hahaha..
enygmasoft
My first final fantasy game that passed was part 7, which is why I went back to play part one thruy 3
amperx
mine would have to be 1-3(4-6), because of a very good storyline Very Happy, and 7~9, Very Happy
Starrfoxx
FFX is my favorite. The story just sucked me into it, and I had to play my way through. I have FF8 and I like the story also, but I can never seem to keep up with it. I set it down and never get back to it for some reason. FFX2 just doesn't hold my attention, and I haven't had much time to really dig into FF12.

I am very interested in FF11 Online, though. And I read that a new FF online game will be coming soon.
QrafTee
Starrfoxx wrote:
FFX is my favorite. The story just sucked me into it, and I had to play my way through. I have FF8 and I like the story also, but I can never seem to keep up with it. I set it down and never get back to it for some reason. FFX2 just doesn't hold my attention, and I haven't had much time to really dig into FF12.

I am very interested in FF11 Online, though. And I read that a new FF online game will be coming soon.

You're talking about Final Fantasy XIV which is a PS3 exclusive--for now.
cozziekuns
Well I like FFI - FFVI the best mainly because they are mostly PURE FANTASY, with the exception of VI which has magitech. The classics are really the best. I would have voted for 7-10 if 7 wasn't in there. I dunno why but 7 never appealed to me.
EximiusNero
The first Final Fantasy I played was FFX and I loved it. Never really wanted to play another one and I don't know why, though I've thought about playing FF8. I hear FF8 and FF7 are amazing, thought I'm not interested in 7 for some reason. I guess it's because I'm the kind of guy that doesn't really like mainstream things.
QrafTee
EximiusNero wrote:
The first Final Fantasy I played was FFX and I loved it. Never really wanted to play another one and I don't know why, though I've thought about playing FF8. I hear FF8 and FF7 are amazing, thought I'm not interested in 7 for some reason. I guess it's because I'm the kind of guy that doesn't really like mainstream things.

That or you're more of an eye candy gamer.
JinTenshi
I think the first few Final Fantasy games are the bomb. Their system is better compared to the later ones. (Remember multi-classing from FF5?) And I think it's really just cool. Even FF1 and FF2, they had some special system like levelling up weapon skills to make you attack more times. Levelling up black magic so that you could deal more damage. It's really more fun somehow to me.