FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Google crawl Frihost?

ncwdavid
Hey, Does Google crawl Frihost often? I have my signature with the links in it so Google can crawl it and get the backlinks but whenever I search for backlinks from Frihost there never are any.
metalfreek
Google crawls frihost free hosted pages. My site was at number 5/6 when I searched for onliine TV and my site is www.completeguide.frih.org The spelling of online is a mistake just try seraching that way.
ncwdavid
metalfreek wrote:
Google crawls frihost free hosted pages. My site was at number 5/6 when I searched for onliine TV and my site is www.completeguide.frih.org The spelling of online is a mistake just try seraching that way.

What do you mean by it crawls Frihost free hosted pages?
Peterssidan
The signature is only visible if you are logged in. Google bot is no member of this forum so he never finds the signature links. The links are rel="nofollow" anyway.
the-guide
Peterssidan wrote:
The signature is only visible if you are logged in. Google bot is no member of this forum so he never finds the signature links. The links are rel="nofollow" anyway.

That's right, confirmed.
Ghost Rider103
ncwdavid wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

What do you mean by it crawls Frihost free hosted pages?

I think he means that it will crawl your free hosted website. So if you have www.yourwebsite.frih.net then it will crawl that website.

I am pretty positive myself that it does crawl our hosted websites still using the sub domain.
metalfreek
Yes that is what I mean. Sorry if I confused you.
the-guide
Absolutely... Google crawls all sites hosted on Frihost and including Frihost forum as well, however Google cannot know any backlinks built on Frihost forum due to rel="nofollow" as "Peterssidan" said.

ncwdavid wrote:
... but whenever I search for backlinks from Frihost there never are any.

That's what's "ncwdavid" asked. Smile
TomS
the-guide wrote:
ncwdavid wrote:
... but whenever I search for backlinks from Frihost there never are any.

That's what's "ncwdavid" asked. Smile

Do you even read what others are posting, and who? Or do you read what what you're posting before hitting submit?
Or are you just klicking the quote-button and signing with "confirmed" all the time?
Bondings
ncwdavid wrote:
Hey, Does Google crawl Frihost often? I have my signature with the links in it so Google can crawl it and get the backlinks but whenever I search for backlinks from Frihost there never are any.

The signature is only shown to logged in users as is already mentioned. Google hence doesn't see it.
riccopt
ncwdavid wrote:

forum posts also get crawled... but signatures are generally ignored... or considered as BAD LINKS, as sometimes there are 100s of links on the sigs...
the-guide
TomS wrote:

Do you even read what others are posting, and who? Or do you read what what you're posting before hitting submit?
Or are you just klicking the quote-button and signing with "confirmed" all the time?

Of course, I read EVERY WORDS before posting...

BUT.. Oh... let it be...

I don't like to make any dispute, that's not me I have nothing to say more...

Sorry that I made you think like that Sad
jsarnold
Google only has 58,100 pages listed for these forums, despite over 750,000 posts.

You can see for yourself what's listed:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.frihost.com%2Fforums%2F&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
coreymanshack
So the posts on the forums here are crawled? So in effect I could link to my website in advertise your website section, link back to here, and I would have a backlink! Or would I have to link to that certain post?
jsarnold
A non reciprocal link would simply need a link from here to your site. But unless that thread is very frequently updated, Google will simply ignore it.
coreymanshack
jsarnold wrote:
A non reciprocal link would simply need a link from here to your site. But unless that thread is very frequently updated, Google will simply ignore it.

google ignores threads that aren't active?
Peterssidan
jsarnold wrote:
Google only has 58,100 pages listed for these forums, despite over 750,000 posts.
Posts are not the same as topics. Each topic is one page. A topic is contains many posts.
jsarnold
Peterssidan wrote:
jsarnold wrote:
Posts are not the same as topics. Each topic is one page. A topic is contains many posts.

Yes, I realise that. But don't forget that almost all of the topics are split over several pages - in some cases almost 100 pages for a single topic.

Google displays pages, not topics, and so a topic covering 2 pages could quite easily (and in some cases does) get listed on Google twice. There's a topic in Announcements that's 279 pages long - so in theory this could have 279 appearances in Google.

Just as there's a difference between posts and topics, there's a difference between topics and pages, and Google works on pages, not topics or posts.
Peterssidan
jsarnold wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
jsarnold wrote:

Yes, I realise that. But don't forget that almost all of the topics are split over several pages - in some cases almost 100 pages for a single topic.

Google displays pages, not topics, and so a topic covering 2 pages could quite easily (and in some cases does) get listed on Google twice. There's a topic in Announcements that's 279 pages long - so in theory this could have 279 appearances in Google.

Just as there's a difference between posts and topics, there's a difference between topics and pages, and Google works on pages, not topics or posts.

On Frihost all posts in a topic are displayed on one page if you are not logged in. Therefore google will only find one page per topic Wink
jsarnold
1:0 to you.

You finally found something I didn't know! Wink
coreymanshack
So if phpbb did not put all posts in a topic on one page, you would have several instances of the same topic right.
jsarnold
Theoretically, it is possible. but if a topic gets very few hits, and isn't updated very regularly, Google will reduce the chance of it appearing in the search results.
coreymanshack
jsarnold wrote:
Theoretically, it is possible. but if a topic gets very few hits, and isn't updated very regularly, Google will reduce the chance of it appearing in the search results.

google's awesome
Bondings
coreymanshack wrote:
So if phpbb did not put all posts in a topic on one page, you would have several instances of the same topic right.

This is not how phpbb is configured. I changed it to display all posts on one page for guests.
coreymanshack
Bondings wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

This is not how phpbb is configured. I changed it to display all posts on one page for guests.

thanks bondings
Xaferrow
yes it does.
google crawls frihost, but your sig isnt crawled Sad

try to search for my new text based mmorpg www.conra.cn

Youll find my post in frihost
tamilparks
why not its crawling all the pages, my forum in the frihost is also crawled and i am also getting a very good visitors daily, really its nice to see the google craw and our frihost website free hosting