FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MYSQL?

ParsaAkbari
I have been using PHP for atleast 2 mounths now, i have goon deep into manipulating variables including user input by making a seris of "calculators" :

Quadratic + simple Nth term calculator
Quadratic equation solver
Experssion solver

Although there are many other of the products i made readily available on the internet, i do not mind as i made them for experiance so i can start learning other things.

Now i think i am nearly ready to move onto the next stage, i reccieve no lessons and have nobody in real life to refer to, or confide with when scripting. So its just me and the internet Confused

Anyway, i would like to ask. What should i learn next before taking on MYSQL, if i havn't got the necessary requirements already. I have little to no idea of what MYSQL is. All i know is that it will take me to the next level.

What shall i learn next, if not MYSQL?

Where can i learn about MYSQL in full because i know nexto to nothing about MYSQL?
rvec
you can start with mysql
http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/book.mysql.php
you should also remember php.net for any future reference to any php function at all.

Also w3schools is worth remembering for a bit more explanation.
jmraker
You can try learning about regular expressions, classes, the array functions, session functions, html forms, form validation, XML and ajax, JSON
Naif
Learning MySQL has no direct connection to PHP. You would first need to use what SQL is all about. There are a bunch of comments you'll need to learn like SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE etc. Once you have a solid understanding of what a database is, what is does and when to use and then how to use it, you can then start learning PHP's implementation of interacting with MySQL.

I recommend the tutorial at w3schools located here: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

It's definitely not comprehensive but it's great for beginners. It does a decent job at teaching you the basics. Unless you'll be programming applications that make use of advanced SQL, basic knowledge of MySQL should suffice.

Regards,
-- Naif