FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opinions of multiple system owners (PS3. Wii, 360)

eznet
I personally own all of the above (Wii, PS3 and 360). I have owned the three systems for varying amounts of time and have formed different opinions of each of them - primarily based around the perceived strengths and weaknesses about each console. I was curious how you my fellow FriHosters with multiple next gen consoles felt about comparing and contrasting their feelings about their machines.

I have owned the 360 the longest and I have to say that I think that this is my favourite console. All in all, I have to say that the 360 gets most all the games I want and gets some that I demand as exclusive titles (Gears and Halo spring to mind). This is a big one for me - game selection. Next, despite quirks associated with with media serving the xbox with Linux, I have been able to beat it into submission with my network configuration. Another thing worth noting are the graphics - of the three systems, the 360 is at the top. I am not saying definitively that it is better - afterall, the PS3 does have the hardware - but I am saying that it is at very least a tie for 1st. 'They' claim that the PS3 will shine down the road and that as the 360 is maxed out on hardware utilization, the ps3 will just be getting started - but that has yet to be seen.

Just because I have only sang the praises of the 360 here, doesn't mean I don't love my other consoles... just the opposite - in some fashions, I love them more.... But, alas, it is late and I am off to bed... Other multi-system owners? Opinions on your machines? I will be back later for the others Smile
Nick2008
I have a Wii and a Xbox 360...

I like the Xbox 360 better.
eznet
Nick2008 wrote:
I have a Wii and a Xbox 360...

I like the Xbox 360 better.

What is it that draws you more so to the 360 than to the Wii? I have to agree that the 360 has more personal appeal to me over the Wii - this is largely due to the types of titles on the 360 when contrast against the Wii. 1 - I am a HUGE Halo fan and as everyone knows, this is only available on XBOX. Also, it just seems there are more 'mature' titles available on the 360 than the Wii... Now, of course the Wii does have some adult themed games and supposedly has many more on the way, but I wonder how they will hold up on the console when you have the bar for adult games has been set by the likes of Halo, Resistance, Fallout and Gears of War...

I must admit that I am quite intrigued by the upcoming Wii title, "Mad World". This game shows a great deal of promise for the mature Wii owners. Appears to be a comic style slash and shooter with emphasis on splat and gore... Hopefully the game will be able to live up to its hype, where other such games on the Wii have fell short - But only time will tell.
QrafTee
eznet wrote:
I personally own all of the above (Wii, PS3 and 360). I have owned the three systems for varying amounts of time and have formed different opinions of each of them - primarily based around the perceived strengths and weaknesses about each console. I was curious how you my fellow FriHosters with multiple next gen consoles felt about comparing and contrasting their feelings about their machines.

I have owned the 360 the longest and I have to say that I think that this is my favourite console. All in all, I have to say that the 360 gets most all the games I want and gets some that I demand as exclusive titles (Gears and Halo spring to mind). This is a big one for me - game selection. Next, despite quirks associated with with media serving the xbox with Linux, I have been able to beat it into submission with my network configuration. Another thing worth noting are the graphics - of the three systems, the 360 is at the top. I am not saying definitively that it is better - afterall, the PS3 does have the hardware - but I am saying that it is at very least a tie for 1st. 'They' claim that the PS3 will shine down the road and that as the 360 is maxed out on hardware utilization, the ps3 will just be getting started - but that has yet to be seen.

Just because I have only sang the praises of the 360 here, doesn't mean I don't love my other consoles... just the opposite - in some fashions, I love them more.... But, alas, it is late and I am off to bed... Other multi-system owners? Opinions on your machines? I will be back later for the others Smile

The problem with the 360 for me is what you pointed out. They pretty much only have exclusive titles like Halo 3 and Gears of War 2... which is fine for some people, but not for me. I like the PS3 exclusive titles more... there's also more of them. The 360 charges for online play and I'm used to getting it for free.

My favorite console is the Playstation 3, but my preferred platform is the PC. The Wii comes next up and then the 360 follows, I'm contemplating on selling it actually.

Not only that, but the Playstation 3 is a blu-ray player and a damn good one. It's user base is growing; my friends--used to be die hard 360 fanboys--finally came around and picked up a Playstation 3 that's a plus for me.

I mean the keyboard and mouse is my forte, but if I have to use a controller and using proprietary hardware... my choice is the Playstation 3. Proprietary hard drives and add-on Wifi FTL.
enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
eznet wrote:

The problem with the 360 for me is what you pointed out. They pretty much only have exclusive titles like Halo 3 and Gears of War 2... which is fine for some people, but not for me. I like the PS3 exclusive titles more... there's also more of them. The 360 charges for online play and I'm used to getting it for free.

My favorite console is the Playstation 3, but my preferred platform is the PC. The Wii comes next up and then the 360 follows, I'm contemplating on selling it actually.

Not only that, but the Playstation 3 is a blu-ray player and a damn good one. It's user base is growing; my friends--used to be die hard 360 fanboys--finally came around and picked up a Playstation 3 that's a plus for me.

I mean the keyboard and mouse is my forte, but if I have to use a controller and using proprietary
hardware... my choice is the Playstation 3. Proprietary hard drives and add-on Wifi FTL.

Personally I own all 3 systems and I can't deny the Wii games are more fun than their counterparts. However, I have always been a fan of eye candy, which is what nintendo devices used to stand for. Sadly the does an okay job of filling my 40" LCD Sony 1080P compatible screen. Which where my PS3 rules is in the eye candy department, with blu-ray compatibility and the best hardware available to fill every pixel to the fullest. Since you can't have one without the other, I have bought every single Metal Gear game ever made since its release on PS1. Also who can forget, Devil May Cry series. Now I recently got my hand's on the X-Box 360 just to get my hands on Commannd and Conquer 3, which I have always been a fan of the whole series. I also came to my attention that Gears of war is the best co-op experience available on the system.
enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
eznet wrote:

I mean the keyboard and mouse is my forte, but if I have to use a controller and using proprietary
hardware... my choice is the Playstation 3. Proprietary hard drives and add-on Wifi FTL.

Personally I own all 3 systems and I can't deny the Wii games are more fun than their counterparts. However, I have always been a fan of eye candy, which is what nintendo devices used to stand for. Sadly the does an okay job of filling my 40" LCD Sony 1080P compatible screen. Which where my PS3 rules is in the eye candy department, with blu-ray compatibility and the best hardware available to fill every pixel to the fullest. Since you can't have one without the other, I have bought every single Metal Gear game ever made since its release on PS1. Also who can forget, Devil May Cry series. Now I recently got my hand's on the X-Box 360 just to get my hands on Commannd and Conquer 3, which I have always been a fan of the whole series. I also came to my attention that Gears of war is the best co-op experience available on the system.
Blazole
i have owned all three in the past, now i own just a ps3 and xbox. i sold the wii because its retarded. the xbox will soon be on its way aswell i think, because the PS3 is just simply the best. both wii and xbox are dead old technologys.
Kelcey
I once had all three. Then I sold the Wii because well, I didn't like it. I have my PS3 and 360 now. But I rarely buy games for my PS3 because I'm not all that interested in its exclusive games and multiplatform games are typically better on 360.