FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you know any software for RDC

shkhanal
Hi,

I'm looking for some software that lets you connect to your host computer from other computers in LAN and use the host computer as remote desktop connection. My host computer uses Vista and other computers use Windows XP. All those computers are needed to operate simultaneous.

I tried Thinsoft's Win Connect but its expensive and I can't afford. I'm looking for some free solution that work in Windows.
sheedatali
shkhanal wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for some software that lets you connect to your host computer from other computers in LAN and use the host computer as remote desktop connection. My host computer uses Vista and other computers use Windows XP. All those computers are needed to operate simultaneous.

I tried Thinsoft's Win Connect but its expensive and I can't afford. I'm looking for some free solution that work in Windows.

Have you tried windows RDC client? Works well, does not allow session sharing though.

Alternatively you can use VNC which allows sharing of sessions. There are a number of flavors of VNC software available which all use same protocol.

TightVNC (Uses compression, Free)
UltraVNC (Works only on Windows and has extra features for windows, Free)
RealVNC (Does not use compression, Free)

There might be more too however I think the above should do what you want.
surdy
Well I have tried connecting to Vista computer from XP using RDC and it works perfectly fine. If you facing any problems connecting ..a quick google search may give you nice step by step guides to do it.

If you want to use a software ..the only one I have used is TeamViewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx)worked great for me
Skye001
I would recommend the built in remote desktop functionality within windows.

go to start >> run >> mstsc

should pop up and you can log remote onto the machine but make sure your firewall allows the RDP traffic and does not block it!