FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you get members?

Xaferrow
Im just curious,

How do you get members?

how do you keep members always comeback?

thanx,
shkhanal
I guess if you site is really useful, you won't need to do any trick to invite users or make them loyal to your site.
deanhills
Xaferrow wrote:
Im just curious,

How do you get members?

how do you keep members always comeback?

thanx,

You need to give them something. Perhaps you can have a newsletter. Provided it is something that has information that your members will find useful. Then have it available on a regular basis. If you have registered members, you can offer it to them as a service, with the option that they can de-register at any time. So as not to irritate them and loose them as a consequence. Then in the Newsletter you can make references to your Website, so that they have easy access, and this will prompt them back to the Website again and again.

You can also encourage feedback, with an online feedback form.
Xaferrow
thanks for your responses guys!
well, my website is a text based mmorpg,

so, i think i have something to make my members come back again Smile

then... the problem is,, how do i got new members ?? Confused
Tphilakone
Make a interesting topic to make member on your forum and you should always stay on your forum . Do not leave your site to a lonely place
Hogwarts
Xaferrow wrote:
then... the problem is,, how do i got new members ?? Confused

Basically, you need to make your presence known. Get out there and advertise. Use Stumbleupon, digg, whatever! They're all free sources of excellent quality traffic.

In addition, post on forums (such as in this Advertise Your Website board), and also try to make your content viral -- i.e. people will wish to share it with each other.

There are also other methods for making viral content. Hotmail.com email addresses are one; they made a good service, it works, and they get free advertising from people just using their service.

Another example of viral advertising is signatures. Try dynamic signatures for links, whatever. If a person plays WoW, a lot of the time they'll like to show off their character in their signature pictures so that people can see what progress they're making and how good they're doing. If you could apply this idea to your site, possibly combined with a referral system, you could increase your traffic exponentially.
Ghost Rider103
Hogwarts pretty much said it right on.

Going to like computer game forums and other forums like that would be good. Make yourself well known around those other websites, and give people your link and just try to get them to register and stay on there. Word will usually spread on it's own if you have a good enough game.

Just get to advertising and making yourself known to get some more people visiting your website. If they like what you have to offer, they will return.

Good luck!
ftv_flung
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Hogwarts pretty much said it right on.

Going to like computer game forums and other forums like that would be good. Make yourself well known around those other websites, and give people your link and just try to get them to register and stay on there. Word will usually spread on it's own if you have a good enough game.

Just get to advertising and making yourself known to get some more people visiting your website. If they like what you have to offer, they will return.

Good luck!

*agrees*

All of the above too. Get yourself known. Offer incentives for invites/referrals to your users too!

Make your content good enough for people to want to come back to find out more.
DanielXP
keep your site updated regularly.

My site http://rmb-arcade.com has not been updated in a long time because i have 2 jobs and college i don't have time to spend on it.
Xaferrow
Ok ok guys!!

i'll try it! seems good, thanks for responses
nsdmoney
Well, what i do to promote my site and get people to keep coming back is put interesting thing/events going around my town. I use offline marketing so know everyone that comes to the site. This is an easy way to make your site's traffic go up.
Hope this answered your question.
Xaferrow
Thanks guys! its really works!!

ive received new members, not much, but it much for me!

the point is, 'Let the world know about your website'

and guys, why dont you also Visit my site Smile
its www.conra.cn - Free text based mmorpg

Where you can take your own adventure, fight monsters, fight other player, join clan, build up your character. Nice place for hangout
Xaferrow
Additional tips:

join a traffic exchange, could be really usefull. Very Happy it works on me
wab11287
Provide the user with up-to-date information that involves the certain topic that you are trying to supply for others. Also a very useful tool to have users continue to come back and have more visit your website is to provide resources. Even better is free resources. A user will look forward to something that may help them with a task and possibly make that task easier then it may have been before visiting your site. This will in turn make some users book mark your website to return to your website to see if you have updated the information with more. If you however do not update regularly you will not have many users come to your site and after a while it will end up dying off.
MYP415
Social bookmarking can be great, but the best and most sustainable traffic is through the search engines. You need to build backlinks and practice good SEO techniques in order to rank for good keywords, but in the end it pays off with consistent and relevant traffic.

I would stay away from the click/traffic exchanges because those are really just useless hits since everyone on there is just trying to build credits for their website instead of actually caring about they sites they are surfing.
nirmalku
Hi,

To increase the performance of your site and to increase the visibility, you can use the website traffic providers. There are lots of in the market and lots of them are fake.

You need to search the web site traffic providers which can increase your ranking in Alexa and google ranking.

One traffic provider is TrafficApple.com. I think this is the cheapest in the market and it is more reliable as well.

You can also try promotional code 5030 and they will give you 50% discount.

You can get 10000 hits in $6.99. The code will not work for that but you can get 30,000 hits for just $7.49 using promotional code 5030.

It is much like Free hits.

Hope it will help you to increase your business.

Thanks
Nick
coreymanshack
Advertise anywhere you can friend, make your site known to people with hard work.