FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Congratulations to Ocalhoun on reaching 5000 postings!

deanhills
Ocalhoun reached 5000 postings on 16 January 2008. Think that calls for BIG congratulations and celebrations! Ocalhoun has contributed some excellent postings, quality of which equalled the number consistently over a very wide selection of forums.

Will be great if the rank can be changed for postings over 5000 however as I notice Ocalhoun's rank is still the same, i.e. FriHost Freak. Refer previous discussions about ranks:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-100574-2.html

Quote:
These are my suggestions, perhaps others have some too for the 5000 plus category:

FriHost Champ
FriHost Frontrunner
FriHost Highflier
FriHost Livewire
FriHost Whiz
FriHost Victor
FriHost Vanquisher
FriHost Guru
[FuN]goku
Haha NICE! Grats to him! Smile I'll have to agree, there should be another rank!
If it was one from your list i'd say the best one there would be FriHost Guru, it just sounds like someone who is very knowlegable, which Ocalhoun has proven hehe.
Hogwarts
I'd personally say "Frihost Moderator" would be a good enough title for him. He's certainly contributed enough and is more than active Wink

Maybe it'd bring some more active moderation to these boards, even.
ocalhoun
Hogwarts wrote:
I'd personally say "Frihost Moderator" would be a good enough title for him. He's certainly contributed enough and is more than active Wink

I've had my share of rule infractions and several times I've had very different interpretations of the rules and argued them with mods before... There's reasons I'm not a mod. Besides, I'm not sure I would take it even if offered. It would be more things I'd have to do, and I might feel obligated to change my posting style sometimes to provide a better example or because I would represent Frihost in some ways.
truespeed
I had always assumed that ocalhoun had been offered a moderator post and refused it at some point,as i don't think there is a better candidate for moderator on the forum.

I think frihost needs a couple more moderators as apart from Morpheous and rvec the rest seem to be not around so much.

Others to consider would be, in my opinion anyway..

Afaceinthematrix and deanhills.. both regular visitors and active members of the forum.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
I had always assumed that ocalhoun had been offered a moderator post and refused it at some point,as i don't think there is a better candidate for moderator on the forum.

I think frihost needs a couple more moderators as apart from Morpheous and rvec the rest seem to be not around so much.

Others to consider would be, in my opinion anyway..

Afaceinthematrix and deanhills.. both regular visitors and active members of the forum.

Thanks Truespeed for the compliment. Afaceinthematrix is an excellent suggestion but I'm still a novice and perhaps need at least a couple of years of loyal postings before I can qualify. When I do I may be of the same view as Ocalhoun.

In addition to Morpheous and rvec, I see quite a bit of Chris and his "red pen". He is of course a poster of substance as he has always been. James007 I see as vigilant as ever. Mathiaus is also very noticeable, locking up postings when they need to be locked and posting very regularly and with substance as well.

How about you? I am certain you would make a great moderator, so if given the choice my vote would be for Afaceinthematrix and Truespeed. Smile
truespeed
Yeah i forgot to mention bikerman,mainly because he joins in so much in forum topics,in my mind he's one of the members,which is a good thing,as moderators should reply to and create topics just as much as everyone else.
rvec
-close-
one topic is enough
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-102505.html