FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The game do you expect the best in 2009?

o2o213o2
2008 is a year with the game's village in the World with the headlines "giant" as GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gears of War 2, Dead Space, Crysis Warhead, Call Of Duty World At War. .. and the year is a success in all aspects from sales game, game quality, etc...
However, towards 2009, we also expect it in many new breakthrough step further, with the promise from the God of War III, Bioshock 2, Diablo III, Starcraft II, ....
2009 to, 2008 is over. Now let everyone know you feel the game on the game's village in 2009, about the changes and particularly, any game title that is impressive and promises with you this year? Game titles which are capable of successful high?
Spartan
Halo Wars, perhaps? Halo 3: ODST? Can't really think of games right now, pretty sleepy :p
ForceRun
I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 but who really knows when that will come out.
wombatrpgs
I'm looking forward to any game that isn't a sequel. The only real "series" I've ever liked were Fire Emblem and SaGa. It seems there are no big non-FF RPGs.
catscratches
Screw the big industry. I'm eagerly awaiting The Path.
LostOverThere
Depends, for PC I'm going to bet it will be Starcraft 2. However, as for the Wii, I'm putting my money on The Conduit. It's looking really sweet at the moment and if its as big as people are suggesting it is. it will be the Perfect Dark of the Wii.
filesharing
Fifa 2010.....

... not Very Happy
blk3
Been eagerly awaiting StarCraft II, the first one has been ages.
davidfromoz
I'm looking forward to Guildwars 2 and Diablo 3.

Not sure if they are slated for 2009 and release, but I hope so.

cheers,
david
Fake
Legends of Wrestlemania
wombatrpgs
Actually, I'm now anticipating the FLL2 remake. So I shouldn't complain about non-SaGa RPGs.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172398
Kelcey
Street Fighter 4 is no doubt the game I'm most hyped for. Then there's obviously Resident Evil 5. Then there's Star Ocean 4. And yeah, this is all before April! Killzone 2 is also coming out in February. The start of the year is pretty friggin' stacked.
Nameless
The next release of Dwarf Fortress. Oh my god I can't wait for the better squad controls and the new map features and the wounds system is going to be too awesome for words and my dwarves might even get wrinkles. And who knows how much more will be done by the end of the year.

SCREW commercial games.
wombatrpgs
Yay for Dwarf Fortress. I prefer ADOM, but still I forgot about that...

And in any case, ADOM could be getting the source released sometime this year, which would be interesting to say the least.
lethaltriad
wow there will be a Bioshock 2? definately looking forward to that one when its out and also Diablo III. I wish blizzard would actually release it sometime in the near future though.
andersonic
Long, long list of good games for 2009. But mainly these:

Resident Evil 5. Finally!
F.E.A.R Project Origin
Killzone 2
GTA: DLC
I am Alive
Heavy Rain
Diablo 3

Very Happy
spinout
The best game hopefully will be: Fight Night round 4!!!! wait until summer

I really hope that the UFC game will be great...
Nutteloos
Maybe not the best, but one I'm definitely looking forward to: Battlefield Heroes! Very Happy
misterXY
ForceRun wrote:
I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 but who really knows when that will come out.

Which one? l heard there's 3 or 4 different sets of games at once?
Spartan
Yeah, there are multiple campaign sets. I MIGHT get SC2, but going to focus on my Xbox 360 for some time now.
enygmasoft
Spartan wrote:
Yeah, there are multiple campaign sets. I MIGHT get SC2, but going to focus on my Xbox 360 for some time now.

Resident Evil 5 will whup anything out there, and the best RPG series ever will finally make its PS3 debut Final Fantasy XIII is due out sometime this year, good times await.
abcxyz1
Razz resident evil and diablo3
Razz some game online in my country
traxion
Killzone 2 Very Happy

way?
1: its from dutch make
2: create shooter
3: sweet MP

way not
ps3 only
release begin 2009 and in the rest of the year newer games with better technologie will release (like cod6)
8166UY
The demo is indeed terrific and I'm sooooo buying it. Please look at your English, you're making "it being of Dutch make" a bad thing. Razz
QrafTee
I say it is too soon to tell, but I would have to say a PS3 game will get it this year. I mean their 2009 line-up is impressive.
tingkagol
Really waiting for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

Well, more on Diablo 3... I already miss my Diablo 2 loot-finding days.
pho3nixsky
ForceRun wrote:

Ditto, i've been looking forward to that for a while, but it seems to drag and drag on, and now i don't really care about being hyped out about it. I know it will be ownage, but i like set dates. I will definiately buy the new halo one when it comes.
LostOverThere
QrafTee wrote:
I say it is too soon to tell, but I would have to say a PS3 game will get it this year. I mean their 2009 line-up is impressive.

Yeah, Killzone 2 got the PS3 off to a flying start. I'll be interested in seeing what they've got planned.
Dark_Jedi06
There's currently nothing on the horizon that I've found particularly interesting, and most of the "anticipated" titles are for systems I don't know because of the price tag. I'm quite content with what I'm playing now, and as far as I'm concerned video games these days just don't make the cut...

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a Knights of the Old Republic III or Battlefront III come out (or at least confirmed) in 2009, with PC versions of course. Very Happy
Nutteloos
Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
Though I wouldn't mind seeing a Knights of the Old Republic III [...] with PC versions of course. Very Happy

You almost got me all excited and everything. That reminds me to check out Team Gizka's progress on the restoration project though - I may have to install KotOR II again if they're about finished.
Klaw 2
Halo wars (I liked the demo)
Halo ODST
mafia 2
Maybe empire total war game.
Fake
Call of Duty is always a title to wait for
blk3
On the top of my list

Street Fighter IV
Halo Wars
Metal Gear Solid 4 (XBOX 360) version (Hope there is new additional content)
Tekken 6
Xaferrow
Klaw 2 wrote:
Halo wars (I liked the demo)
Halo ODST
mafia 2
Maybe empire total war game.

Yeah, empire total war

ive been waiting for this game for a long time!
badboysimp
Never even heard of it.. mind finding me a link which sends me to a reveiw or something?
Spartan
I'm pretty excited for Diablo III right now.. Used to play Diablo II with my friend for a long time Razz
Klaw 2
forgot one game
The witcher:
Rise of the White Wolf
manlear
I thought COD5 would be a big hit and good. It was probably a big hit because of the name and reputation. But the game sucks.
spinout
my main is Fight night round 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
manlear
fight night sucks.... Very Happy my fav. COD4
tingkagol
Spartan wrote:
I'm pretty excited for Diablo III right now.. Used to play Diablo II with my friend for a long time Razz

Have you seen the latest character class announced? He looks like Deckard Cain - "Archivist" they call him. From the looks of the videos on the official site, he appears to be slow but I was pretty surprised of his "Shush" ability.

Probably the most interesting character class Blizzard has come up with.
tingkagol
Sh*t. I've been fooled. Laughing

Yeah, happy April Fool's to you too, Blizzard. Dammit.
Smiddie
Modern Warfare 2 (They don't call it Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2)
Pengeszikra
Mount and Blade multiplayer version
shantos
I am waiting for the new Spiderman game
Ivanluisky
I'm expecting Virtua Tennis 2009.
I'd like that was less arcade game like the version 2 or 3.
Let's wait! Very Happy
ForceRun
Company of Heroes: Tale of Valor is coming out in a few days, which I'm really looking forward too, great RTS game play.
enygmasoft
The best game of 2009 is going to be resident evil 5.
Mudkipdw
Well either Final Fantasy 13 (if this comes out this year) or Uncharted Drakes Fortune 2 (Amazing game) Laughing
vitoR_
I'm waiting for Diablo III and Starcraft II... Will be epic games Rolling Eyes
Diablosblizz
Indeed it seems that a lot of people are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Starcraft and Diablo, and I'm with them. I don't want to disappoint anybody, but I have a feeling one of the games may be released in 2010. It's been too long for Starcraft, almost 11 years per say.
novadream
If it comes out, I'm gonna also have to say Starcraft II. I kinda want to visit South Korea when it's released there. :3
[FuN]goku
Definitely looking forward to Diablo III and Starcraft II ... Played Starcraft since it first came out, and it's probably one of my favorite games from way back then. Diablo I and II were good, though I found the II to be slightly boring after a while.. So I hope they make III with ALOT more content. Razz
spinout
I am still looking out for fight night round 4 och the ufc 2009 game... Into martial arts online, indeed, but it is really funny to beat others and especially mock them!
Starrfoxx
As much as I'd like Sims 3 to be the exciting game of the year, I think EA is overhyping it too much and it won't live up to people's expectations.

I think the Spore Galactic Adventures will be a good release. That looks like a great expansion.

On the console side, I would say Final Fantasy 13 and The Beatles Rock Band. I find Rock Band 2 to be a lot of fun with friends and family, and The Beatles version coming out this year will be a lot of fun for those that love The Fab Four. I also read that a Lego Rock Band is coming out for Xmas that will feature more "family friendly" songs.
kghai3
im waiting for call of duty : modern warfare 2...
world at war was kind of a disappointment...
love_her_freida_pinto
i would say that Left 4 Dead, COD 5, Starcraft II, Resident Evil 5 and
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) <==hoping that it comes out this year. Razz
amperx
SC2 and Diablo3

God of war 3
FF13
traxion
COD:MW2 ofcource Very Happy

of God of war 3

best race game, fuel or the new NFS by the makers of burnout Very Happy
achowles
There have been a surprising number of games over the past 18 months that have sucked, despite their potential. Assuming that Half-Life 2 Episode 3 is still on track, that's about the only guaranteed good game I can think of. Bioshock 2 and Mafia 2 both have great potential. But I've seen equal potential squandered lately. Borderlands could be something of a surprise hit.
jackill
definetely Diablo 3 and Bioshock 2. But personally i'm looking foward for B2 more Smile
My7h
I'd vote for starcraft 2, the preview looks awesome, i just wish that they wrote the story faster so that we can all play it already! Very Happy
FrightKnight
The game that I've been waiting for its release this year is Diablo III. Yeah.. I had a lot of fun playing the previous 2 games and I can't wait to buy a copy of this game.

Diablo franchise rocks!
enygmasoft
I was waiting for punch out which finally came out for the Wii. Punch out has been amazing fun since it hey days on the nintendo. Sadly, every single version including the kick a$$ arcade game sadly was only fun for one. Which now means the wii is a 2 player marathon of fun for me and my brothers.
blk3
Looking forward to buying a PS3 soon, I've liked most PS3 exclusive games so far.
amperx
starcraft 2 if its ever going to be release this year XD, im dead tired waiting for that game
traxion
best game or goty ?
i think that cod: mw 2 can trow big eye's as of almost all the voters wil vote on the game..

the FPS genre is the hotest under the hardcore gamers... so i must be cod :mw2

AC2, cant make it hapens, once again
starcraft 2, good game but only on pc, so it misses a lot's of votes ( maybe best of pc )
driftingfe3s
I agree with everyone who is saying Modern Warfare 2! I'm betting it will outsell everything else this year and have some record breaking sales.
wombatrpgs
traxion wrote:
best game or goty ?
i think that cod: mw 2 can trow big eye's as of almost all the voters wil vote on the game..

the FPS genre is the hotest under the hardcore gamers... so i must be cod :mw2

AC2, cant make it hapens, once again
starcraft 2, good game but only on pc, so it misses a lot's of votes ( maybe best of pc )

This has so many acronyms I can hardly understand it... Though I sort of agree.
misterXY
Due too most people aren't gamers, Sims 3............... l played it, and don't see the crazy and awesome people make it sound too be. I'm hoping for StarCraft 2 too finally come out, if so, that'll own.
wombatrpgs
I haven't heard much of the hype over Sims 3. I haven't been following sales either... is it doing well? Thought most people were torrenting it.
LostOverThere
wombatrpgs wrote:
I haven't heard much of the hype over Sims 3. I haven't been following sales either... is it doing well? Thought most people were torrenting it.

Me neither, I heard of it's existence about one month prior to its release. Crazy, eh.
anakin_skyrunner
I'd say either The Sims 3 or Assassin's Creed 2... Depends on how the latter one is Smile

And yes, Sims 3 is selling well... very well actually. http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10261044-235.html
ponda
Man, where to begin? Assasin's Creed 2 looks amazing, I really like how the setting is in Renaissance Italy and you meet Da Vinci and all that, mostly because I am a HUGE history nerd. AC Bloodlines for the PSP will most likely be good as well, and RE Portable should be good too but it has no release date yet. Although this is 2010 I believe but Final Fantasy 13 is one game I cannot wait for. Dissidia is looking good, as well as both kingdom hearts game that will be coming out soon.
misterXY
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

And yes, Sims 3 is selling well... very well actually. http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10261044-235.html

Plus the millions of torrent downloads... that should add up alot lol
toasterintheoven
Without a doubt, best game this year so far, Final Fantasy 14 should come out in December, I have high hopes for that
spinout
The fight night round 4 and the williams pinball collection was the best of 2009!