FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Song to be played at your funeral

truespeed
Its common practice these days to have music played at funerals,usually chosen by the family,but sometimes,in the case where someone knows they are about to die,they choose the music themselves.

What song would you have to play you out?
fx-trading-education
I think that there are not many things I would care less than the song / music played at my funerals.
After I am dead, other guys can do whatever pleased them.
Funerals are important for family and friends not for the dead guy.
liljp617
Razz Don't know...I could list tons.

Peace of Mind - Boston
Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Planet Caravan - Sabbath (or Pantera's cover)
The Last Goodbye - Zakk Wylde

Many more...
TomS
When I'm get where I'm going by Brad Paisley
Helios
fx-trading-education wrote:
I think that there are not many things I would care less than the song / music played at my funerals.
After I am dead, other guys can do whatever pleased them.
Funerals are important for family and friends not for the dead guy.

Maybe, but wouldn't you like them to hear the song YOU wanted them to hear? It's some sort of a last request, you know. Something left from you after you die.

Oh yeah, I'd be glad if they will put on Ravens by Bathory. Great acoustic piece.
Andrew426
Queen - Dont stop me now. Its a great song, and I think it would work quite well in that context.
truespeed
Mine would be The Bronze medal by Idlewild.

Lyrics
Quote:
It felt cold inside, so we threw the radio onto the fire
It felt good to watch it, burn away to nothing

You said you felt weak
I hope its got nothing to do
With the things you told me

Nothing but your eyes
Looking down on the third place
You`ve got nothing but determination
To come in third

You were always going to be like this
If it`s somewhere that`s as cold as this
You were always meant to be like this
In the cold

It felt warm inside, so we threw the television on the fire
It wasn`t frustration, because I had nothing to throw away

When there`s nothing but your eyes
When there`s nothing but determination
To come in third

You were always going to be like this
When you`re somewhere that`s as cold as this
It was always meant to be like this
In the cold

You`ve got nothing but your eyes
You`ve got nothing but determination
To come in third

You know that you always meant to be like this
You know that I`m always meant to be like this
You know that you always meant to be like this
You know that you`re always meant to be

Youtube - live performance of the song

The quality of the video and sound isn't great so doesn't really do the song justice.
desonium
I dont know it yet what song I want at my funeral Confused
I hope I wont die that fast so I have plenty of time too think about it.
I know it is better if you now it already, because you can be hitted by a car every minut of the day.
But I really have no idea yet what number I want Crying or Very sad
catscratches
I don't want a funeral.
Jaan
Something very romantic... not carefully thought out though...
maybe sample rippers - nobody likes the records that i play

or uberdruck boys - bloody slut (dj the crow remix)
or ame - rej
or vitalic - poney pt 1...

:S
speeDemon
Hey I really think that I'll play one of my fav indian songs, nothing english.. because, I don't really listen to slow english stuff., only rock, and you know...

Soo, I'd get the song "tum ho toh" played, or maybe "ham rahen ya na rahen kal"///

In english I can only think of American Idiot and Numb!! so you know why i chose an indian song to be played...
guissmo
I don't everyone to be all depressed when I die.
And since I'm a funny person, I might choose fun songs so that everyone will kind of take it lightly.
Well, that's my take as of now... ? Smile)
Radar
Wow, interesting question. 'Hear You Me' by Jimmy Eat World comes to mind first, since that's a song that's actually intended to mourn someone's death and act as a funeral song. It's a great song, and I love it...I just stop and wonder, as one or two people seem to be doing here, whether or not I'd want it played at *my* funeral...
daefommicc
any Slayer song. believe me... angel of death, raining blood or skel of society... i love those songs. pantera, log, borgir... man my funeral is gonna last for a long time if all my favourites r played!
PennyLane
Defenitely Johnny Cash!! They can fill my funeral with his musica actually... He has inspired me to keep going.
I also have a couple of songs which describe me completely and they can also play them on my funeral. But I prefer Johnny Cash Smile
loyal
truespeed wrote:
Its common practice these days to have music played at funerals,usually chosen by the family,but sometimes,in the case where someone knows they are about to die,they choose the music themselves.

Would people here prefer sad songs or happy songs to be played out at their funerals?

Peace.
Mrs Lycos
A song? then i want my brother to sing in it! whatever he sings its okay. Razz But in reality i dont know who is gona be in whos funeral so if he dies first im going to think for him.:O
Wait ! i dont want to die dont want to think about the music when i leave T_T
Moshkin_Khan
100 years by Five For Fighting.
Tuvitor
"It's the End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M.

Well, it would be the end of my world anyways. Razz
ese87
im young...

but i know my bro would choose a pac track... "i aint mad at cha"
loyal
Moshkin_Khan wrote:
100 years by Five For Fighting.

Is that song as good as five for fighting's song superman?

Peace.
Xanatos
There are many songs I would like played at my funeral simply because they are my favorite songs. People shouldn't be crying at my funeral they should be enjoying the music and having fun. Life wouldn't be worth it otherwise.

In particular-
songs from the black keys, metallica, bob marley, and stevie ray vaughan.
Afaceinthematrix
Jump in the Fire by Metallica because everyone knows that I'm not going Heaven...

Quote:
Down in the depths of my fiery home
Now it is time for your fate and I won't hesitate
to pull you down into this pit

So come on
Jump in the Fire
So come on
Jump in the Fire

With hell in my eyes and with death in my veins
The end is closing in...
agustin
Poppin them thangs. G unit. hahaha
ortie10
The Road To Nowhere by Ozzy Osbourne. I leave it to all of you in this forum to carry out my wishes when that day comes lol. Dust in the Wind is a good one too lol. Shocked
jessicawalker
"Blaze of Glory" by Bon Jovi.

"I'm going down in a blaze of glory
Take me now but know the truth
I'm going down in a blaze of glory
Lord I never drew first
But I drew first blood
I'm no one's son
Call me young gun"

Haha. That would be funny. Even though I really can't stand Bon Jovi.
ortie10
I got an Email for this forum seconds after I heard that one of my friends father passed on may he rest In peace he was a good person to know. But on a different note Death should be seen as a part of our journey in life and what better way to go out than in A Blaze of Glory "another good one." What's wrong with Bon Jovi? I thought all the girls are goo goo ga ga over him. Sad
ortie10
It gets even stranger! As soon as I posted my last reply Bon Jovi came on the local news station. Man oh man this is to strange for me! Question
jessicawalker
ortie10 wrote:
I got an Email for this forum seconds after I heard that one of my friends father passed on may he rest In peace he was a good person to know. But on a different note Death should be seen as a part of our journey in life and what better way to go out than in A Blaze of Glory "another good one." What's wrong with Bon Jovi? I thought all the girls are goo goo ga ga over him. Sad

Not this girl. He looks like he takes longer to do his hair than I do. And musically, eh. Not my thing. He's fun, though. I'm sorry about your friend's dad.

I think that actually I would want "I Will Follow You into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. That's a beautiful song.
joomla
Orange Theme by Signus X
Triple_7
Hmmm...that's a tough one. Personally, just dig a hole and chuck me in, don't bother with a box or a lavish deal. But if you must...then I at least want to liven the mood a bit Laughing

Maybe start off with something a little slower. "Amarillo Sky"---Jason Aldean would be a good one...or "Born Country"---Alabama.

I know someone will probably pop in, "Last Of A Dying Breed"---Neal McCoy. That one is spot on other then a house on a hill...but I'm still young Razz Or "What Do Ya Think About That"---Montgomery Gentry

Just for sh*ts and giggles hows about..."I Can Sleep When I'm Dead"---Jason Micheal Carroll Or..."What Was I Thinkin"---Dierks Bentley for anyone who still remembers my high school days.

Anything to liven the mood. I don't need people to be depressed...everyone kicks this nasty breathing habit sometime or another. When its time its time. Nothing is going to change that.

But if I can't go that way then maybe something a little more subtle. There is a few songs from when I was clear back in high school concert band and was part of our concerts. Was in one of the more prestigious bands in this area that actually cared about the music and the performance. We were ranked pretty high in the contests and had the chance a few times to play at some of the collages. We always packed an auditorium and less then a quarter were our own relations. Somewhere I still have CD's of it all. At the end of each year we would go to one of the collages sound recording stages and we would each receive a copy. Would be nice if someone dug them up at that point, by then just finding a CD player will be hard.

One that comes to mind that I liked...nice and slow. "As Summer Was Just Beginning"---Larry Daehn

Then there were a few more, mostly fast and challenging...a lot of Robert W. Smith. I used to listen to those recordings quite a bit. Most people would look at me now and probably not even believe I was a concert band type person. But I enjoyed it and miss it quite a bit really. Sad
froginabox
"Passenger" by the Deftones. If you don't know it, look it up or buy a copy on iTunes and learn the lyrics. Belting it out at the top of your lungs is extremely cathartic for some reason.
Joanne
I guess "get down" by BackStreet Boys won't fit the mood (kidding!)
I'd go for whatever my family would chose.
It'll atleast contain the things they want me to know.
amfriendsforever153
i dnt wana any song or music in my funeral.i want complete silent whn i m living from this world.
zygote-hotelomega
For some reason Van Morison's Bright Side Of The Road has always appealed. It's reflective but positive

From the dark end of the street
To the bright side of the road
Well be lovers once again on the
Bright side of the road

Little darlin, come with me
Wont you help me share my load

Into this life were born
Baby sometimes we dont know why
And time seems to go by so fast
In the twinkling of an eye

Lets enjoy it while we can
Wont you help me sing my song

Well be lovers once again
On the bright side of the road
Well be lovers once again on the bright side of the road
Diablosblizz
I, myself, would like to be cremated rather than having a funeral. I don't know why, not sure if it's because I don't want things eating at me, or I just don't want people to grief over me (although that'll happen anyways - so I hope).

I don't know why.
hot_inferno
Hahahaha this is an easy question to answer Cool I've always wanted to play "Highway To Hell" by AC/DC at my funeral. Just as long as my spirit or whatever is there to witness the reactions. Razz
rockacola
Most of "Stairway to Heaven" from Led Zeppelin Twisted Evil
Xanatos
Now that I think about it, Manson's The Reflecting God would make an awesome funeral song (In My Opinion). As much for the lyrics as for the fact that most of my family doesn't appreciate this kind of music. But as the song puts it- they'll understand when I'm dead.
MarzEz
probably "miss murder" by AFI
Omega-hotelomega
Ding Dong , The witch is dead ! from the Wizard of Oz
Parkour_Jarrod
Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
Micheales
All I'm going to say is, you've got to read this amazing book The Talent Code
Solon_Poledourus
Hell Awaits by Slayer... just kidding.
Actually, I have written a song that would probably be good for my funeral. It's a Baroque acoustic pieve I wrote a long time ago and it suits me.
Afaceinthematrix
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Hell Awaits by Slayer... just kidding.
Actually, I have written a song that would probably be good for my funeral. It's a Baroque acoustic pieve I wrote a long time ago and it suits me.

LoL. Your suggestion was similar to mine.... My suggestion was "Jump in the Fire" by Metallica because we all know where I am going (assuming God exists...)...
paskifire
History by funeral for a friend. hahaha! there's a line in that song that is perfectly suited for my funeral. It goes something like this: "archers in your arches, raise your fingers for one last salute". That's a little bit emotional. For my second choice, hmmmmmm.. the song of black eyed peas, i can't remember the title. the one with the "BOOM BOOM POW" thing so my relatives and friends will surely enjoy my funeral having some fun and booze alright.
InsanePL
Good to Be back by Middleman hehe Wink
mattyj
songs i want played at my funeral;

Walk of Life by Dire Straights
Spirit in the Sky by The Eagles
Seven Spanish Angels by Willie Nelson and George Jones
Vaidio
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.
Maybe not very original, but if it was good enough for Brian it must good enough for me Smile
Tuvitor
I don't intend on hanging around when I die, so whatever they play is fine. It's not like I'll have ears to hear what they're playing anymore...

That said, I would just prefer something tasteful, but not too heavy. Ideally I'd prefer my loved ones not get hung up on my passing.

I'm still in my thirties however, so I'm hoping that the long dirt nap is still a few years off.
gverutes
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
gverutes
Changed my mind...

Guns and Roses - I Used to Lover Her
foumy6
There are many songs that I want to have played at my funeral and also at others here they are:
My funeral
1.Fiction by Avenged Sevenfold
2. Bat country by Avenged Sevenfold
3. Savior by Black Veil Brides

My grandmother
1. Warmness on the soul by Avenged Sevenfold

My mom :
Into the light by In this Moment
I chose this song because it is about a loved one dieing in the hospital and I think that this is where it will happen because my mom has a liver disease that has no cure (its one of those you are just born with) that could act up at anytime (luckily I have only seen that once and she survived through it).
2. My immortal by Amy Lee
luciferfawkes
I copied mine from the wonderful mind of Nick Swardson: by having some sort of dubstep playing and my body comes down on wires.