FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Itunes Visualiser for Ipod?

MarzEz
I am a big fan of the ITunes (classic) visualizer, and i am disappointed that you can't use it on your IPod. has anyone heard of such an application for a 4th gen IPod nano?
(or does anyone know how to make one?)
brokenadvice
Without extensive software modification, it would be very hard to do. You can emulate this effect though. I believe the nano will do video. Just use a screen grab utility to record the visualizer off of itunes. I realize that would take forever, but it is at least worth a try.
Jaan
if its video, you would need one video per song!!!!

and i think rockbox has this. rockbox is surprisingly easy to install... so go for it! tinkering around is always fun if you know what i mean Wink
MarzEz
thanks. unfortunately, rockbox (and Ipod Linux) void your warranty, so i'm reluctant to install them...
just did some research: apparently rockbox doesn't run on the 4th gen nano...
Deathspawn989
I tried looking for a Visualization for my ipod classic when I had it, but unfortunately, while Apple offers great products, their support for them is crap. iPod Linux is the only way to go. My iPod got stolen about a6 months ago so I havent had the chance to test it, but I know I'm not buying another ipod anytime soon. For one, you can't easily put music on there like other mp3 players. Second, it doesn't have anything that will make it look better on screen. Some have visualizations, some have different themes. iPod, they have white and if you dont like the white background, you can shut the backlight off.
MarzEz
i can agree with that...
someone should release a massive ipod firmware upgrade that adds a visualiser, mods the "shake to shuffle" feature on the 4th gen nano so you can play a playlist when you shake it, rename playlists & songs and write notes from your ipod, and choose from several themes.
DOES ANYONE AT APPLE HEAR ME?!?
Fatality
Not an Ipod user and recently did away with Itunes. Started using SongBird for those of you that want to try open-source. I'm sure there is something out there for you, though.