FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xbox 360 HDMi-dVi (no Audio???)

slashnburn99
Hi

I have a philips TV Flat screen (HD ready - yeah right)

I need a cable for my xbox360 to link to the TV

Is there such a lead as a

HDMi to DVi with Audio lead (the audio lead 9mm jack fits into my TV and carries the sound for the HDMi-DVi from the lead via the XBOX360)

Any help would be great
william
Alright, so your Xbox 360 has HDMI, and your television has DVI, and you want to transfer both audio and video from the HDMI cable, right?

If so, the only thing I can find is this. It is very expensive, and I don't know if there is just a cable (haven't seen any). Doesn't the Xbox 360 have an optical cable as well? If so, why not use that if you want digital sound. Or simply use the analog connectors, assuming you don't have a digital sound system.
Jamatu
If your connecting your Xbox straight to your TV rather than an AV system there is no point buying a splitter for your HDMI cable.

Thes best option is to go for a TOSLINK connector if your TV has the input. If not go go for RCA connectors (almost all TV's have these). The Xbox has outputs for both - Link
ForceRun
Jamatu wrote:
If your connecting your Xbox straight to your TV rather than an AV system there is no point buying a splitter for your HDMI cable.

Thes best option is to go for a TOSLINK connector if your TV has the input. If not go go for RCA connectors (almost all TV's have these). The Xbox has outputs for both - Link

Yeah that is the correct way of doing, just use separate cable for audio as HDMI is the only cable that runs both.