FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Xbox 360 Projected To Outpace Playstation





thame
FROM WEB PRO NEWS DOT COM


Though game console junkies will be hovering around the Electronic Entertainment Expo in L.A. this week to get a glimpse of Sony's Playstation 3, Jupiter research projects that Microsoft's new gaming baby, Xbox 360 will be in the lead by 2010.

Playstation 2, Sony's previous offering, is currently the top gaming console, controlling 43% of the worldwide market. Xbox commands half of that audience with 19%.

But that may change over the next five years, according to Jupiter research.

Xbox 360, marketed as an entertainment hub and recently previewed on an MTV special, is expected to up its market share to 38% while Sony is expected to slip to 32%.

The new Xbox features three 3.2-gigahertz IBM microprocessors that can play DVDs, streaming pictures, music and video from digital cameras, portable music players and computers running Microsoft Windows XP. It also allows real-time chat, removable 20-gigabyte hard drive, a custom graphics chip and built-in wireless multiplayer access capabilities.

The new console can display in wide-screen high-definition format and in standard format.


Can barely wait!!! Very Happy
trilogy456
Quote:

Microsoft to Redesign Xbox 360 Controller?
An alternative is being considered. We examine the news and consider possible new designs.
by Gerry Block
August 15, 2006 - The XNA Games Studio Express project grabbed most of the headlines associated with Microsoft's Gamefest developer's conference yesterday. There was, however, plenty of discussion regarding Microsoft's upcoming peripherals for the 360 as well.



Robert Walker, Microsoft's hardware unit manager, took the stage to discuss Microsoft's holiday peripheral releases, particularly the previously announced Wireless Racing Wheel 360 and the Xbox Live Vision camera. The new news, however, broke when Mr. Walker began to discuss the issue of first-person-shooter control via a console controller.

Read more: http://gear.ign.com/articles/725/725812p1.html
lyndonray
i think its hardly surprising that xbox could pass playstation. The only thing that could prevent that is if they get their pricing right. I don't know how prepared people are to pay $600+ for it (that's one of the estimates I have seen). They should also make sure their supply is well organised, they don't want to do what Microsoft did last year!!!
jds10912
lyndonray wrote:
i think its hardly surprising that xbox could pass playstation. The only thing that could prevent that is if they get their pricing right. I don't know how prepared people are to pay $600+ for it (that's one of the estimates I have seen). They should also make sure their supply is well organised, they don't want to do what Microsoft did last year!!!


i think that $600+ for a console without any games is ridiculous, but if people still buy them than sony has every right to sell them that high
Soulfire
Lol, Xbox pass Playstation? I suppose it could happen, but for one, I hate Xbox. The gameplay is (mostly) terrible, in my opinion. I'm loving Playstation, I always have.

If Sony had kept Grand Theft Auto to itself, and not allow Microsoft to make the game for Xbox, it would be MUCH better off, but oh well, there's bound to be some cool games for PS3 this November. Check out some of the graphics on these games <<MUCH BETTER THAN XBOX>>
jveezy
Blu-ray will save PS3.

There's only so much data you can fit on a DVD as good as X-box 360 is. Eventually we'll reach a point where PS3 graphics will be so much better simply because they use 50 GB Blu-ray discs as opposed to 10 GB DVDs.
Nameless
jveezy wrote:
Blu-ray will save PS3.

There's only so much data you can fit on a DVD as good as X-box 360 is. Eventually we'll reach a point where PS3 graphics will be so much better simply because they use 50 GB Blu-ray discs as opposed to 10 GB DVDs.


That's right, because graphics are all that matters. [/sarcasm]. I think the leader of the consoles while be determined (sadly) largely by who advertises the most, as always. Confused
Billwaa
jveezy wrote:
Blu-ray will save PS3.

There's only so much data you can fit on a DVD as good as X-box 360 is. Eventually we'll reach a point where PS3 graphics will be so much better simply because they use 50 GB Blu-ray discs as opposed to 10 GB DVDs.

I agree, I heard that PS3 going have like 6 graphic processer or something like that. That graphic going to be much better. I do not support Xbox at all becuase it is made by Microsoft. Microsoft's software usually are not as good as other company's software. I think, same with game console. They didn't even developed a hand held game console yet. Sony have more experiences.
jveezy
Nameless wrote:
jveezy wrote:
Blu-ray will save PS3.

There's only so much data you can fit on a DVD as good as X-box 360 is. Eventually we'll reach a point where PS3 graphics will be so much better simply because they use 50 GB Blu-ray discs as opposed to 10 GB DVDs.


That's right, because graphics are all that matters. [/sarcasm]. I think the leader of the consoles while be determined (sadly) largely by who advertises the most, as always. Confused


Even if you discount graphics.

More data capacity will mean longer games with many more features.

But yeah, you're right about advertising.
Zenrei
jveezy wrote:
Blu-ray will save PS3.

There's only so much data you can fit on a DVD as good as X-box 360 is. Eventually we'll reach a point where PS3 graphics will be so much better simply because they use 50 GB Blu-ray discs as opposed to 10 GB DVDs.


I am 23 Years old and ive been around long enough to have used many consoles even those dating before nintendo. Having said that. Graphics is the least of the deciding factors in the success of a game. ive seen Beatifull breathtaking graphics in some games and ive seen the Sh%$est there is aswell. and the answer is this. If you embed the player into the world of the game, you can sell it for watever price you want, it will sell. and here is a good example. over the last 8 years, SquareEnix(formerly Square Soft) has made oh more than 6 Final Fantasy games. Recent Ones due to the Graphics boom in the industry have rbeathtaking scenes aswell as splendid in game graphics, and if you were to compare them to the firsts FF games they old ones dont stand a chance in that deparment. But something interesting in this example is the following. the older ones are far more interesting. Since back then The graphics were limited, the euphoria and exictment was delivered by the story and interaction witht he player, graphics aside. and if you want to bet ur money n it here is a tangible example. if i were told to pick a free game, having played it untill the end once before, between all final fantasy games. id Pick FF7. this was a game that not only pushed the envelope of graphics of its era. but drove player interaction to a whole new lvl and the story behind it was oustanding. Unpredictable story yet very engulfing. and that is what makes a game. Shure you mgiht make a game based soley on graphics, and since we are all drawn to preety and shiny objects, these will serve their purpose for a day or two, but then they get boring. Grand theft auto didnt break the envelope ing raphics, they brought a rare story into the filed> the "life of a criminal" all pun intended. thats why its a great game. Why was Halo sucha great game? if you say grafics ur mistaken because all those elemnts were previously use din other games, once again is the Story plot, the characters and how the player allies with them. Blood rayne, another vampire game like castlevania, but the interaction and story is far more interesting. In the not so far future graphics will reach sucha high grade that we wont distinguish them from Real life images or movies. Games ARE like movies, You can Inves millions in explosions and cool effects but that just diffuses the grey line between a good movie and a bad movie. take pulp fiction for example. Special effects? nothing an ordinary person cant do with common materials. its the story that emotes us, and the way it is stold, the over head booming voice in the dark alley. if you want one last example. take the movie signs, You dont see the Alien until the bitter end. So why is it such a good movie?

Microsoft may blur the line with good grafics and outsourcing games, but sony has survived for only 1 reason. the core of they most popular games have unique stories you cant find anywere else, untill they are cloned by the competition. As long as sony as sony and their afiliates generate unique stories that spark intrigue in the customers eyes, they will stay ahead and they deserve it too.
for those of you who dont know. sony was designing a cd console for Nintendo and nintendo screwed them over, so they desided to pool the product they were ofering nintendo into a console of their own, with no gaming reputation at all. and now they are at the top. "Metal gear, Final Fantasy, Grand theft auto" stirp these games out of their graphics and you still have one heck of a game id play any day, even if it were text based lol.

think about that next time you compare a system. dont compare the system, compare their makers, who is more customer demograficaly sensitive, microsoft... sega.. nintendo ...or sony
and the answer is simple
but i wont tell you
that would be Biased
jveezy
You're certainly right about that.

But the graphical capabilities of the PS2 were inferior to those of the X-box and yet it is still more popular. That's because it does have better games and and all the other reasons you mentioned.

What I should've said was that Playstation is already better than X-box at the things that matter most. And now on top of that it's going to be better than X-box at the one thing that X-box was superior at: graphics.

And like I said in my previous comment, greater data capacity can be used for much more than just better graphics. You'll have adventure/rpg games (you mentioned Final Fantasy) that are longer with more characters and more weapons and pretty much more selection of everything you could imagine. Sports games with more game modes, better physics. Imagine Grand Theft Auto with much larger cities, many more cars to choose from, many more missions, many more people to interact with, many more weapons.

Basically, take everything you consider to be "fun" in a game and you'll have five times as much of that on a Blu-ray disc. That is what will save the PS3.
nopaniers
Personally I don't think graphics count for much. It's gameplay which is more important. 80's games are still fun even though their graphics sucks in comparison to modern consoles.
bluecradle
there was this ps1 game that I still continue to play even in my ps2, it's chrono trigger Wink

again, a deep and very interesting storyline is the priority for most hardcore gamers out there. my next priority will be the fun factor department, then only next is the graphics. peace.
poiko123
I think PS3 will be a more advanced machine, but the extreme costs may deter many gamers. That's why I plan on buying an Xbox 360 in the near future. The Blu-Ray discs and the special processors in the PS3, which have some sort of special polygon processing thing (sorry for the lack precise language), will may very nice graphics, but can the programmers and game artist really keep up with these graphics? The games might just underperform the console and that could be the downfall of the PS3. Just my opinions...
Soulfire
Um, the PS3 will cost the same as the Xbox 360 when it first came out, $600 (I know that the core system was cheaper, but it was about $600 if you wanted to play the games and get all the features).

There is no "core system" for the PS3 - it's just the PS3... Freakin' sweet.
Related topics
Xbox 360 vs PS3
Xbox 360 Pricing
xbox 360
XBOX 360 vs. PS3
xbox 360 the big picture
XBOX 360 or PS3
[Centraal] Xbox 360
xbox 360
ps3 vs xbox 360
Mac OS X on a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3? Maybe possible?
Playstation 2 or Xbox 360?
What Runs The Xbox 360 And The PS3 ..... Which Is Better ?
Playstation 3 v. Xbox 360 v. Wii who do you think will win.
Ps3 Or Xbox 360
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.