FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some frihost questions (do you have apache ect ect)

ParsaAkbari
Hi i have just started learning things Shocked and i was wondering if

Frihost allowes acsess to the php.ini file so i can send automated emails using the php email script

If frihost has apache so i can tell it to handel page.html files with a php interpreter.
Bondings
ParsaAkbari wrote:
Hi i have just started learning things Shocked and i was wondering if

Frihost allowes acsess to the php.ini file so i can send automated emails using the php email script

If frihost has apache so i can tell it to handel page.html files with a php interpreter.

Yes you can send automated emails with a php email script. Like this forum (phpbb) does when you register.

Yes we are using apache and yes you can execute php files. It is better, though, to use page.php instead of page.html for php files.

If you really want to have the .html extension for php files you need to use a .htaccess file to specify it, otherwise the php code won't get executed. Files with a .php extension are automatically executed as php.

You can also use other scripts like perl and python on Frihost. However we give limited support for those languages here.