FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google and Microsoft both claim victory in court

surdy
Another controversial legal battle of computer world Biggies

Quote:
"The clich้ that no one wins in court but the lawyers was turned on its head yesterday when both Google and Microsoft claimed victory in their ongoing fight over former Redmond employee Kai-Fu Lee."

Full story http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/14/google_ms_court/[/url]
pixor
I think Microsoft has no say on this because they don't own the goddamn man do they? I mean, the chinese (or japanese) guy can go wherever he can and how can Microsoft say anything. It just confuses me, these big companies and their ambitions! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
myth-plan
pixor wrote:
I think Microsoft has no say on this because they don't own the goddamn man do they? I mean, the chinese (or japanese) guy can go wherever he can and how can Microsoft say anything. It just confuses me, these big companies and their ambitions! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

guy??
or guys??

Do not use thsi word ON anyone of the chinese !

But I support you use this "guy" on the Japan Government !
bigdan
Again...Microsoft = bunch of twits! Laughing
mOrpheuS
pixor wrote:

That "guy" is Chinese - http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/kaifu/default.mspx

At M$, he was working with the department that works with "technologies and products for speech, natural language, advanced search and help, and authoring and learning technologies" in one of the best research laboratories in the world.
Lee personally was not happy with M$'s growth in China and will now most likely be incharge of recuiting for Google's china arm.

It has been alleged that in an email to Google, Lee said that he was "currently the corporate vice president at Microsoft working on areas very related to Google".
No wonder he has his inside information on proprietary technologies and M$ were not letting go easily.
And no wonder Google fought with all their might to acquire him.

Yet another setback to M$ in their attempt to challenge Google in internet search.

p.s. -
bigdan wrote:
Again...Microsoft = bunch of twits! Laughing

Isn't that a bit uncalled for ? Rolling Eyes
mengshi200
very interesting,but war only is start now.
Slowhand
It seems to be interesting.. But Google and Microsoft have to know better.. Both are proffesional companies, and I understand Microsoft dont want a leading man leaving to Google. If you are 'big person' in a company you cant go to the biggest current company. Thats my opion.
gonzo
it's yet again time to remind people:

there is no such thing as international LAW