FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Math teacher is evil and is pissing me off!!!@@@!!!!

Kyohtee
Im in 8th grade and i have an EVIL Math teacher.She absolutely LOVED my sister but she hates me.Here are some problems....

1.She will completely notice i have no clue what i am doing and will call on me.Like im paying attention and all but she knows i don't understand and calls me to embarass me.WTF?

2.She intentionaly gives me bad grades.I will like get an 80 but noooo not to her, i miss 3 or 4 then she says that you multiply it by2?Everyone else didn't have to, why me?!

3.She is just plain evil.She will help everyone but me.When i ask in class she will ignore me even when she asked me what i needed.And when were out of class she says "Show Work and i will!!"How gay-.-

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...the person is really starting to piss me off x100.Any solutions Before i kill her!? Twisted Evil
Jaan
i think this is a conspiracy, my math teacher is evil too
deanhills
I remember I had a math teacher who pissed me off too. It was in Grade 7, and I was sitting in the corner of the class, where I usually am as I liked to sit in the back of the class. She usually always started with questions, before we had time to sit down almost, and I don't know what the reason was, but it was custom for her to call me first, and by my last name only. I remember it bothered me so much that after a while I did not take in what the question was, I drew a blank, with predictable results. Funny how teachers like that can have a negative influence on one's learning. A year after, there was a completely different teacher. One of those born for teaching. His explanations were completely simple and easy to understand. From doing really bad in math for almost a year, to the point of the teacher recommending I should drop math as a subject as I did not really need it and it brought my good average down (thist is when it became a challenge for me), I started to excel, all thanks to a teacher who made a special effort, sincerely and naturally, and loved what he was doing. Don't think I will ever forget that experience. And can imagine there were quite a few like us. I think I almost felt better at doing well at math at my lower marks, than the subjects I had the highest marks in. So perhaps that teacher that pissed me off prepared me for my good experience when we got a better teacher! I could appreciate him much better as well as the struggles to improve my math.
youandmephotography
Have you asked her after class if you can stay after?

Honestly, I think everyone has a teacher whom they despise, but if you show the teacher that you want to put in the time and effort to "change your ways" or in other words, bend to their will, then they will appreciate it.

Number one rule though, do not seem like you are pissed off when talking or answering her. That simply makes the mole-hill into a mountain, and you won't be seeing your grade skyrocket any time soon.

Second suggestion: Ask a friend to help you by comparing how you solve the problems and the format which you set up equations.

Some teachers are crazily strict when it comes to the format of problem solving, since for them, it means that you will have a better understanding of the problem, and possibly score better on future tests and classes.

But really, try to stay after and put in the time. The extra effort does show that you're trying your best, and maybe it will turn her anger button off

Wink
carlospro7
I have had teachers who I felt hated me too. A science teacher of mine in eighth grade gave us an assignment which I spent a lot of time and effort doing. I was very proud of it. I forget exactly what the assignment was, but it consisted of drawing something related to science (i also forgot the purpose of it), and so as part of the creativity, I decided to put squiggly lines. The teacher gave me a B, and when I asked him why, he said that my lines were not straight, and that I should have used a ruler...... Mad Since when do you get graded on your drawing abilities rather than the meaning of the content on a science project?!?!? I meant to have the squiggly lines!! I was very mad, but I guess I let it go.

Oh well I don't see the guy anymore since that was a long time ago.
Donutey
My least favorite math assignment was a book of things that we wanted to buy, but the total price had to add up to $1,000,000, needless to say, it was a very very pointless exercise.
sana618
my math teacher from 8th grade to 10th was very cool. she took great efforts even with the dullest of the students. if we did'nt understand anything she would explain it to us again and again. all the girls loved her and she was one of the best and most popular teacher.
Runescapetown
Tell her off dude. My bro did that to his english teacher and he started crying and it works.
Nameless
Kyohtee wrote:
She will completely notice i have no clue what i am doing and will call on me.

Kyohtee wrote:
When i ask in class she will ignore me

Uh oh, that's a contradiction. Do I detect the hintings of an unreliable narrator? Razz
deanhills
youandmephotography wrote:

Honestly, I think everyone has a teacher whom they despise, but if you show the teacher that you want to put in the time and effort to "change your ways" or in other words, bend to their will, then they will appreciate it.

Number one rule though, do not seem like you are pissed off when talking or answering her. That simply makes the mole-hill into a mountain, and you won't be seeing your grade skyrocket any time soon.

Second suggestion: Ask a friend to help you by comparing how you solve the problems and the format which you set up equations.

Some teachers are crazily strict when it comes to the format of problem solving, since for them, it means that you will have a better understanding of the problem, and possibly score better on future tests and classes.

But really, try to stay after and put in the time. The extra effort does show that you're trying your best, and maybe it will turn her anger button off

Wink

I'm not so sure I can completely agree with this. You do get teachers with personality problems. Teachers are as human as the best and worst of all of us. I am sure you must have noticed some teachers taking an instant dislike in pupils for very little reason other than sometimes just irritated by mannerisms like chewing gum and immediately making associations and negative connotations for example when they are spunky. It is sad, as it can be very damaging, but it is very real at the same time. The pupil probably needs to be wise, but more so the teacher, and if this is not the case, then one probably just have to grin and bear it, as this is how life is. These people are probably there to test us and make us learn about ourselves. It was a bad year for me at that time, but am most thankful it eventually passed. I also worked with a sense of humour and my friends used to tease me along humour lines as well. All of that helped a lot. My grade in math did suffer, but at least it could only get better the following year when we had a different teacher.
i_am_misael51
every teacher is evil lol
spring567
Maybe you've done something bad .
Check yourself and to be a good student . I think teachers like nice students . Smile
Kyohtee
Nameless wrote:
Kyohtee wrote:

Kyohtee wrote:

Uh oh, that's a contradiction. Do I detect the hintings of an unreliable narrator? Razz
What?
ocalhoun
Kyohtee wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Kyohtee wrote:

Kyohtee wrote:

What?

No real contradiction there. When he asks for help, he doesn't get it, and when he needs help, he gets embarrassed by the teacher pointing out how much help he needs.

Your steps to solving the problem (If at any point the problem is solved, discontinue):
1: Ask the teacher nicely to help you in any way he or she can, because you're struggling.
2: Mention to the teacher that refusal to help might get mentioned to a supervisor.
3: Go 'up the chain of command' to the vice principal and the principal if needed. In this case, they actually are your 'pals'. The teacher probably has a responsibility to help you, and could probably get in trouble for refusing.
4: If all that fails, find a helpful classmate; look for the class nerd. (And complain to the school board about the quality of the education at your school: give them all the details.)
5: Failing that, find a tutor.

If you get past step 3, and still end up failing or getting a bad grade in that class, you can do step 3 over again, and use the failing grade to draw attention to the problem.

In any large organization, the word 'supervisor' is golden whenever anybody is causing you trouble; remember that and you'll do well.
(It would also really help if you could show valid statistics that her students do worse than other students in the same class by a different teacher. That is, if you are having trouble with step 3. (Save that as a 'secret weapon' though, to be used if they brush you off at first.))
PatTheGreat42
You do get some bad teachers out there, but if you can prevail even if the face of bad teaching, that's a real skill you can use throughout life.
endless
I had an evil math teacher too, and to stop her from emberresing me i embaressed her Razz
Basically what i did was master every part without any help, then after that i pointed out every mistake that the stupid teacher made, she started to hate me even more, gave me a bad grade for nothing (it was for 'Not paying attention in class, and not listening to her, and being disrespectful), so i went too the school supervisor and got her fired (she cursed at me, and i had friends to back me up about how evil she was)

This probably wont work for you, I suggest asking a friend to help you out, or just teach it yourself (search for math Q&A) so basically when you get better, she can't go like "oh I'm such a good teacher'
making her look like a complete idiot Smile
Arty
Runescapetown wrote:
Tell her off dude. My bro did that to his english teacher and he started crying and it works.

Laughing
Josso
I was always lucky as the maths department at our school was pretty good, I got a B overall Smile

But yeah I hear a ton of stories about people failing maths and setting themselves up badly for life because of some twat. I recommend you be patient and make sure there's nothing she can pin you on if you get in trouble and see if the abuse levels lower slightly. If problems continue then I advise talking to your parents about it or someone that has higher authority than her.
Magicman
You will have plenty of teachers who you won't necessarily like. That is fact of life. When you enter the working world, you may have bosses you don't like.
Googley
endless wrote:
I had an evil math teacher too, and to stop her from emberresing me i embaressed her Razz
Basically what i did was master every part without any help, then after that i pointed out every mistake that the stupid teacher made, she started to hate me even more, gave me a bad grade for nothing (it was for 'Not paying attention in class, and not listening to her, and being disrespectful), so i went too the school supervisor and got her fired (she cursed at me, and i had friends to back me up about how evil she was)

This probably wont work for you, I suggest asking a friend to help you out, or just teach it yourself (search for math Q&A) so basically when you get better, she can't go like "oh I'm such a good teacher'
making her look like a complete idiot Smile

Man am I glad I don't teach middle/high school. Rolling Eyes Everyone, even teachers/professors make mistakes, and continuously being an ass about it doesn't make you any better than them regardless of your perception of what they're doing to you. In fact imho it makes you worse for being so spiteful about it. It can often be quite hard to teach when a small minority will almost always be against you, regardless of what you're doing and how you're doing it. Some peoples personalities just don't mix. There are better routes than 'i'll give them some of their own medecine'. I've had some students give me your exact attitude over some behaviour they claimed i was exhibiting towards them *specifically*, when in reality they were treated no different than any of my other students. Theres usually one in every course, but not always, and often enough a simple talk with the student is enough to clear up any midunderstanding there might be.

Like the poster above me says: get used to it. Once you're out of school I'd like to see how long you survive in the real world treating your superiors with such little respect. Sometimes it needs to be self enforced, despite your own hard headedness, if you want to keep your jobs & wellbeing intact.
gandalfthegrey
All math teachers are evil and the spawn of Satan! muaagghhh! Twisted Evil
shkumbin
Get a homeless person to buy you some guns and alots of ammo, then go an shoot up the entire class, everyone that comes in your way and kill you teacher at the end and run run run
Hogwarts
shkumbin wrote:
Get a homeless person to buy you some guns and alots of ammo, then go an shoot up the entire class, everyone that comes in your way and kill you teacher at the end and run run run

I think somebody needs a shrink. Confused
shkumbin
Hogwarts wrote:
shkumbin wrote:

I think somebody needs a shrink. Confused

I was just kidding, man Smile
Zombie
Interesting topic.. I'm glad I dont have math this year, because my last two math teachers pissed me off too
ParsaAkbari
Personally i never had a problem with any teacher.

It always burns me up inside to see a good teacher as my parents make me learn the whole topic at home and my class mates enjoy themsleves at homes but still learn the topic at school.

Although my current maths teacher is without question the best teacher i have known teaches evreything perfectly....
deanhills
ParsaAkbari wrote:
Personally i never had a problem with any teacher.

It always burns me up inside to see a good teacher as my parents make me learn the whole topic at home and my class mates enjoy themsleves at homes but still learn the topic at school.

Although my current maths teacher is without question the best teacher i have known teaches evreything perfectly....

I went through the exact same. My father was a teacher, so he always created extra exercises for arithmetic, or any other subject, and all homework had to be completed at home first, and vetted by my dad. Quite stressful, especially when it got to writing compositions. I would have preferred it to be a little more relaxed as well, and learn at school like my class mates did. My dad stopped the hands-on supervision at the secondary school level, thankfully, and that is when I started to enjoy some of the subjects much more. I was OK with most of my teachers, and some really liked me for reasons that I could not comprehend, even now many years after. There were some teachers who were not that great and then of course I got picked on by one math teacher, but that turned out a positive learning experience in the end.
Xanatos
Welcome to the club. I am willing to bet that everyone has had at least one really bad experience with a math or science teacher. I think this has turned quite a few people away from science actually.
Kyohtee
I know that it is "part of life" to have a mean Teacher/Boss..but i mean this lady is The daughter of satan..EVIL.I tried thinking about correcting her every mistake..but i soon realized that that would just make the problem worse,and i have a new intern teaching for about 8 weeks now. Sad Most things here are saying all teachers are evil or explaining that it's part of life,and the few that say how to help i know i can't accomplish.

Any more ides?
deanhills
Kyohtee wrote:
Most things here are saying all teachers are evil or explaining that it's part of life,and the few that say how to help i know i can't accomplish.
Any more ides?

That's not true Kyohtee. Nobody is evil, maybe you are watching too many movies. You occasionally find teachers who are a little otherwise. When you go out in life one day you will get involved with more people that are otherwise, and perhaps even miss that teacher in comparison with how much more otherwise they are. You are supposed to learn from this and somehow we seem to form stronger bonds with those that we differ from, more so than those that we agree with. Perhaps in a way the otherwise people are part of our lessons in life. Possibly a best cause of action would be to keep a very low profile, to ignore that which you regard as "evil deeds" and to focus on your math. Try and not react, let it just flow over you. Good that you are having intern teaching. That is real positive action. Good for you!
4markie
Wow what a bad teacher...
bonestorm74
Well it's not like math is subjective. You get it right or you don't. As long as you show the working she can't mark you wrong.

Study hard and get an awesome grade just to show her what you're made of.
Johnsenesque
Kyohtee wrote:
Im in 8th grade and i have an EVIL Math teacher.She absolutely LOVED my sister but she hates me.Here are some problems....

1.She will completely notice i have no clue what i am doing and will call on me.Like im paying attention and all but she knows i don't understand and calls me to embarass me.WTF?

2.She intentionaly gives me bad grades.I will like get an 80 but noooo not to her, i miss 3 or 4 then she says that you multiply it by2?Everyone else didn't have to, why me?!

3.She is just plain evil.She will help everyone but me.When i ask in class she will ignore me even when she asked me what i needed.And when were out of class she says "Show Work and i will!!"How gay-.-

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...the person is really starting to piss me off x100.Any solutions Before i kill her!? Twisted Evil

Haha, you have to remember that teachers have their favourites and least favourites as well. Next time she gives you what you feel is a lower mark in an exam then you think you would have got, go up to her after class and ask in a serious and respectful tone in what you did wrong and how you can improve. Teachers find it difficult to ridicule students who show maturity. Unless of course she is a complete sadist. Then you have no hope. Sad
manlear
youandmephotography wrote:

Wink

Just don't compare in class. Because if she is as evil as you explained like my 65 year old math teacher. He will freak out no matter what you say and think you were cheating!
SunD3R
Some of the maths teachers at our school despise all the kids who go coaching/tutoring. When a teacher asks you a hard question and you answer correctly, you expect them to congratulate you for your courage to answer and knowledge. But in our maths teacher's case, they say, "Ha, I guess you paid somebody $50 an hour to help answer that question for you." Ah well there are some really annoying people in this world. Crying or Very sad
askfriends
Kyohtee wrote:

he is doing what he should do..
supernova1987a
What is the reason for such behavior? Complain to the headmaster. Easy.