FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Best/Coolest Dream.

Kyohtee
I just had My Best dream last night and i was wondering what yours are.It's always interesting to hear about peoples Dream/nightmare.They might even help revolutionize the future!
deanhills
Kyohtee wrote:
I just had My Best dream last night and i was wondering what yours are.It's always interesting to hear about peoples Dream/nightmare.They might even help revolutionize the future!

I dreamt once I was in charge of an army and winning! One of those old-fashioned armies during Napoleon's times where they march in rows (not like the wars of today). It was supposed to be dangerous, but like a typical dream I felt absolutely fearless as though nothing could beat me, a winner! Did I feel good the next morning when I woke up. Think it would be really cool if someone could discover a way that we can programme our dreams at night. Have some or other device that we can hold to our heads just before we go to bed, or some electronics that we could attach to our heads. Just imagine if we can have dreams like that every night, what a difference it would make to our lives? We could turn into an Obelix, Asterix, or any hero in our lives!
PatTheGreat42
I had this sweet dream where I was falling. It was a awesome free-fall. I was just spinning through space doing whatever I want. It was sweet.
sana618
that i was a mermaid swimming in the deep ocean with its beautiful sea creatures in the beautiful coral and its surroundings.
miacps
I had a dream that I visited another planet. The planet was huge and water covered all the surfaces.

We (me and my two person crew) somehow went out of the ship and onto the surface with no suit or anything to find that the water was breathable and we just swam around in the bright blue, perfect temperature, crystal clear water which took up everything in sight. No living organisms or land could be seen and a giant moon was the only thing illuminating the water.

It was a unique one.
Jaan
one of my better ones was when i was in a harry potter type scene, playing quidditch with a tennis ball or something... flying was the coolest thing ever
Xaferrow
the greatest dream that i had was when i got Lucid Dreaming

do you know Lucid dreaming? its a condition when you realize tha you are dreaming

so, you can control your dream, adding people, edit the envionment and else Twisted Evil world seems in my hand Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
I've had a lot of pretty cool dreams. I once dreamed that I was taking over the entire United States. I became the ultimate dictator of South Dakota before I woke up. I have also had a dream that I was Master Chief from Halo. That was an action packed dream. I've also had some pretty perverted dreams where I really was the last man on Earth (if you know what I mean!). Unfortunately, I have never had a lucid dream. I've thought about disciplining myself into learning the skill, but unfortunately my days are so busy that when I crawl into bed around 2 AM I am too tired to think about anything and my head just hits the pillow and I'm gone...
evilgeniuself
I had an interesting dream the other night. Entering a room, sloppily painted with cobwebs growing down the edges between the walls, I noticed movement on the ground. The movement came towards me and away, although never overlapping or touching another object, allowing all but the ground to remain perfectly still. I stepped into the room....
Then woke up. It was interesting...
miacps
deanhills wrote:
Think it would be really cool if someone could discover a way that we can programme our dreams at night. Have some or other device that we can hold to our heads just before we go to bed, or some electronics that we could attach to our heads. Just imagine if we can have dreams like that every night, what a difference it would make to our lives? We could turn into an Obelix, Asterix, or any hero in our lives!

That would be cool, but then we'd be hearing about sleep addicts on the news. Laughing

"All my husband ever does when he gets home is hook up the stupid dream machine and visit the playboy mansion!" "<insert ad for dream rehabilitation>"
hlavco
I wouldn't call this a particularly awesome dream, but it's my most recent one that I actually remembered well...

One time I had a dream that I had won some sort of contest and was playing for the New York Mets for a game. But they didn't give me a uniform, so I had to play in my pajamas. I sat in the dugout for awhile, but the dugout was a lot wider than it should've been, with cafeteria-style benches/tables instead of just the one bench.

Eventually I got called in to play. The team we were up against had purple uniforms, and a few of them were girls in softball jerseys instead of guys in baseball uniforms. Anyway, the first pitch came.

"Ball!"

The next pitch. "Ball!"

Third. "Ball!"

Fourth. "Take your base!". Even in the dream, I thought getting walked on four pitches was anticlimactic and disappointing. Next batter hit me over to second base with a single. The following one hit a long fly ball, so I started running. Halfway down the baseline, one of my college professors (who looks and sounds like a hippie) appeared running alongside me. He started going on about how, on a pop fly, I should stay close to the bag so that if it's caught I can safely return to the base. This is what I had been planning to do the whole time, but I wanted to be polite so I waited until he finished talking before turning back. By this time I was well past third base and easily out.

I think the manager must've taken me out of the game for that move, because I spent the rest of the dream walking around the dugout and eating sunflower seeds. Willy Randolph had an extremely disappointed look on his face.

What I really hate is when I wake up KNOWING I had a really awesome dream, and then I suddenly can't remember anything about it. That drives me nuts.
mrcool
the best dream that I had when i won a 100million jackpot lotto...thats was the coolest dream. I wanted to win jackpot lotto someday
tchaunt
Like one of the other people has said, my best dream experiences come from lucid dreaming. It's a really easy state to go into and it is very enjoyable. You can do anything and everything you want, and it still seems realistic. It is really hard to explain, but you will know if you have. It is an incredible thing to experience.
Kyohtee
Is Lucid Dreaming where you can just lay down and make your own Dream?Well i can do that for a little while...but after and hour or so the dream just stops,i wake up,and i fall back asleep with a normal dream.What am i doing wrong?
{name here}
Kyohtee wrote:
Is Lucid Dreaming where you can just lay down and make your own Dream?Well i can do that for a little while...but after and hour or so the dream just stops,i wake up,and i fall back asleep with a normal dream.What am i doing wrong?

Absolutely nothing. Your body goes through REM (dreaming) cycles for a maximum of 90 minutes or so before reverting to lighter sleep and repeating the process over again. You can hone your skills to maximize that time in numerous ways, however. For example, looking at an small object and admiring its detail works suprisingly well at preventing my dream from fading away, at least for me.

As for the original point of this thread: I can't speak for having a particularily awesome dream myself; I've largely forgotten them. My dream log that I no longer update doesn't have much of anything of particular epicness, except the dream of me being chased by American soldiers in multi-colored uniforms (all on foot) while driving a humvee in North Korea. The best dream I heard of, however, was from my friend. It was set during the 2004 campaign. George W. Bush went up to him and accused him of being a "faggot", at which point my friend slotted him in the face, at which point it ended.
ptfrances
To do a world wide tour.
Smile
kenny990
I always wanted to get respect and authority over people. Sort of like Barack Obama. If I want to be a President, then heck yeah, I'll go for it. But if I could get any position that puts me in a good authoritative position, then yes, I'm the man for that. When I was little, I always dreamt of becoming a President. I'm not so sure about the responsibilities anymore, but authority and power. All I need.
izibash
When I was little I had the same nightmare for like 2 weeks
A stork dropped me as a baby in a chimney
For some reason I felt in the sewer in a boat.
I had to row because there was 1 scary alligator.
Thats pretty much it
I think it has something to do with a dutch themepark called 'De Efteling'
Xanatos
In the coolest dream I ever had, actually it is a recurring dream...
Some foreign government decides to take over the world. I end up leading a large group of people to some place near the arctic circle. We set up this whole society there of which I am the leader. We send out people to find people to join our secret city and occasionally conduct raids on the new world government.

They could turn my dream into a movie and it would probably do pretty well.
tony
Xanatos wrote:
In the coolest dream I ever had, actually it is a recurring dream...
Some foreign government decides to take over the world. I end up leading a large group of people to some place near the arctic circle. We set up this whole society there of which I am the leader. We send out people to find people to join our secret city and occasionally conduct raids on the new world government.

They could turn my dream into a movie and it would probably do pretty well.

Freaky! I dreamt last night that I bought a steak at a restaurant and it made me sick...
hfhhh8
I won the lottery... but sadly in y dream, I didn't have the chance to spend the money that i won..
TurtleShell
About5 yrs ago, I dreamed I saw God. I was sitting on the steps of a building looking out over a playing field, just before a storm, and I saw this rainbow against the clouds and I knew it was God. I mean, not in the "everything is God" kind of way--rather I identified something in the clouds and the rainbow and I knew it was like I was staring God in the face.

Wow, that sounds so melodramatic now! At the time it really affected me.
apple
Once I dreamed that I won the lotto, so I woke up and wrote down the numbers that won in the dream. I gave them to my mother to play (as I was under aged then). She did not play them but instead played random numbers....the numbers I dreamed played that night and we missed out on an almost 2 million jackpot!!
apple
.....double post...
soljarag
I love dreaming! especially lucid dreaming. I wish i could lucid dream every night.

Hopfully in the future they figure out how to control that, so instead of playing video games on a computer, you can just use your mind to play games...

I always enjoy dreams where I can fly, or float in the air... I get them every so often...
Alaskacameradude
The normal ones. Like finding a bunch of money, and touring the world with no worries, because
you have enough money that you couldn't spend it in your entire life. You know.....stuff like that.
Arty
Xaferrow wrote:

do you know Lucid dreaming? its a condition when you realize tha you are dreaming

so, you can control your dream, adding people, edit the envionment and else Twisted Evil world seems in my hand Very Happy

I've only had that twice. Sad
Both times I totally wasted the experience. xD I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't control it until like the end.
Vladalf
Xaferrow wrote:

Wow, I knew about that kind of dream, I happened to have many myself, but I never knew the term. Thank you for that. Once I dreamed I was in a 19th century mansion. After seeing the house and all that I got control of the dream and started walking through the house, openning drawers and searching through them, reading some pages of the old books and looking at all the paintings. It was a really nice dream.

Vladalf
andredesignz
I had a dream once ..... that am going to heaven, when Jesus came down and was talking to me them let me know all the good i've done my Dad waked me Mad never got that dream again
pashmina
good one..
I wish i could remember my dreams
Xanatos
pashmina wrote:
good one..
I wish i could remember my dreams

I have super-vivid and lucid dreams. It is weird for me to not remember my dreams.
spring567
My best dream was being with my dream girl . We can do nothing just stay with me .
jsarnold
I rarely remember any of my dreams, unfortunately. I have often had the flying dream, which is fantastic of course. There are a good half dozen locations which keep cropping up in my dreams, and have done almost since childhood. I know those locations better than some real places I have been to now.

I think the weirdest dream I had though was one of those incredibly vivid dreams: I dreamt I crossed an old, dilapidated five bar gate, and entered a wood with open pine on the left and thick scrub on the right. The path curved to the right, then reached a crossroads. Ahead was another five bar gate, to the right, a path through the scrub, and left took me into the pines. I took the left turn, and about 200 yards later arrived at another crossroads, with a tree that was leaning at about 45 degrees across it. I knew I was supposed to be there to meet someone, and a spirit appeared with a message. Unfortunately I woke up.

That's not weird - I know. The weird bit is what happened a few days later.

I took my bike, and decided to go for a long ride as I had the whole day. I cycled about 30 miles across the moors, and came to a five bar gate. I remembered the dream very clearly still, and was curious. I got off the bike, and crossed the gate. As I walked, I realized I was back in the dream - with pine on my left, scrub on m,y right. I'd never been here before in my life - nowhere even close. Yet as I carried on, the path curved to the right, reached a crossroads, and dead ahead was that second five bar gate. I turned left, and 200 yards later there was another crossroads, with a tree leaning across at 45 degrees.

Needless to say my heart was pounding - I couldn't believe it. The whole thing felt so weird. I was convinced something amazing was about to happen.

It didn't. I cycled back and had tea.
snowynight
Kyohtee wrote:

What was your BEST dream you mentioned above?

You said nothing about yours, how is it possible for you to ask for other peoples?

Strange, very strange.

By the way, the best way to earn points or frih $ is to answer others's posts, when you have nothing special to say, ie when you are unable to think up quality posts....... Evil or Very Mad
Quazoid
I was at this Cinco de Mayo thing, and my 2 Nintendogs, Nacho, my Miniature Pinscher, and Taco, my Chihuahua were there.
I'm obsessed with dogs. Razz
Cosmoslayer
When I'm having, you know.... Embarassed
TheRPGLPer
I think that my best dream was that I actually lived inside of a Fantasy type RPG world that was endless and I could fight and do quests as much as I want and I lived inside a big Manor type house with a wife and kids who I would teach skills like swordfighting and magic and... Yeah... Weird dream, I know.
ateawonton
where I was looking at myself in the mirror, and I turned into this two-headed me, and it was crazy to see this in my dream because I just split right in the middle and each half grew its own complete head.
IndieCthulhu
ateawonton wrote:
where I was looking at myself in the mirror, and I turned into this two-headed me, and it was crazy to see this in my dream because I just split right in the middle and each half grew its own complete head.

When you see yourself in a mirror in a dream, the image that you see of yourself is how you see your true self... Or so it it is said. So your dream would be something along the lines of well.. you're two faced and/or with split personality...

If you ever find yourself in a lucid dream it is advised to not look into a mirror, some people have gone mad when looking into a mirror in a dream.