FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Viper Guestbook

karysky
Hello,

I have another problem.. it is not a problem per say, but I don't know how the Viper Guestbook works.

I've downloaded it to my root directory, and now I want to put it on my page but I have absolutely no idea with how I have to do this. Which files I have to modify to make it fit with my design, the size, the frame in which I want to put it.. etc etc

Is there a good tutorial that can help me?

Or can anyone tell me the basics?

Thanks!
orno
did u install it through cPanel? or download the zipfile from somewhere?
karysky
Yes, with the cpanel!
foggy
Try checking out the official site of Viper Guestbook <http://www.vipergb.de.vu>

One part that might be of specific interest to you is the "How-To: Guestbook inclusion for Dummies" section about 3/5 of the way down the page. This might not get you 100% there, but it should be a good start. Feel free to post again if you have anymore questions.

Good luck!
budazz
foggy wrote:
Try checking out the official site of Viper Guestbook <http://www.vipergb.de.vu>

One part that might be of specific interest to you is the "How-To: Guestbook inclusion for Dummies" section about 3/5 of the way down the page. This might not get you 100% there, but it should be a good start. Feel free to post again if you have anymore questions.

Good luck!

i think they are not providing support anymore...they already release the final version... Cool
mOrpheuS
@karysky, I just checked your account and found that you've installed ViPER guestbook in the root folder.
But you already have a html based website in that place.
Due to default document index precedence of the webserver, index.html (of your html website) shows up and not index.php (of ViPER).

http://www.karysky.frihost.net/index.html is your html website.
http://www.karysky.frihost.net/index.php is ViPER.

If you intend to keep your html website, then you should probably uninstall ViPER from the root and install it in a subfolder.
budazz
yes the problem is you intalled it in the main folder not in the subfolder ....by the way i like your new avatar morpheus.... Laughing
budazz
karysky i love your main page....nice look....i think it will fit to your viper guestbook... Very Happy
karysky
Hello, thank you very much for your tips!

I went to the web page and they provided all the support I needed.

Just a last question though.. how do I uninstall Viper??

Thanks a lot again!
mOrpheuS
karysky wrote:
Just a last question though.. how do I uninstall Viper??

That might be a bit of work.
you'll need to delete all files & folders created by ViPER (you can see which files and directories from the zip file you must have uploaded)

So in effect, you have to delete all files that are present in the public_html apart from your html website.

and also delete the database which you had created for ViPER.
orno
cant he uninstall it through cPanel as well?
karysky
Hi,

I deleted some files and then saw that I could uninstall it through cpanel...

Thanks Smile

I'll try to make it work again and I'll be back to you.

(I am a "she", by the way Wink )
mOrpheuS
orno wrote:
cant he uninstall it through cPanel as well?

Well, I was guessing she installed it manually.
karysky wrote:
I've downloaded it to my root directory

Missed this part
karysky wrote:
Yes, with the cpanel!

My bad. Confused
karysky
Hi,

everything's okay now! All done,

thanks to you! Smile
Bondings
Solved Arrow -locked-