FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anniversy

misterXY
Just had a random idea, why not have a post each day to list each user that's still around every yr, turned out l'm a yr and 8 days! Lost my pc so not as active as l want too be. Thank you frihost! Continue the great service that l'll be here for many more Smile
rvec
There are too many (inactive)users for that to work. You'd have to know it's your day because the post would be too long to just spot a user you know.

Also there is a registered on line next to every post, there's a much higher chance anyone would notice that than anyone reading through all the posts and noticing some membername in there he has seen posts of.
ocalhoun
^Yeah, given the number of users there are here, there would be about 145 anniversaries every day.
Even if you knew what day to look there, it would still take some effort to find the name in a list of 145!
deanhills
The idea of celebrating is a good one, however perhaps it should be for people who have worked consistently hard at their postings over a much longer period of time, along the lines we have suggested before. I think there are a few people heading for 5000 posts and perhaps 5000 posts are a good point of congratulating and making fuss of people. Perhaps a few Frihost$ and special mention under a special heading in the Forum Index or any of the other suggestions that have already been made in the ranking thread?
Afaceinthematrix
ocalhoun wrote:
^Yeah, given the number of users there are here, there would be about 145 anniversaries every day.
Even if you knew what day to look there, it would still take some effort to find the name in a list of 145!

That depends... if you're using windows (I'm not sure if/what the equivalent is on other operating systems), then on most browsers (well every browser I've ever used) it would be quite easy to find your name... Control + F. I use that action all the time to find parts in a post/article or to even find out if I've replied to a topic (sometimes I'll forget if I responded to a topic). If I cannot remember if I replied to a topic, I'll just log out because when you're not logged in, all of the posts are on one page instead of broken up, then I'll use Control + F and search for "Aface" and I'll see if I posted anything... anyways... that's beside the point. The point is is that it wouldn't be too hard because most browsers (everyone I've ever used) has some sort of search function.
rvec
so you want one post per day, so users can search in the topic for their own name and .... look at it?
I think every second bondings would work on coding this is a lost second.
Afaceinthematrix
rvec wrote:
so you want one post per day, so users can search in the topic for their own name and .... look at it?
I think every second bondings would work on coding this is a lost second.

Oh yes. I agree that coding that would be a complete waste of time. That's probably why bondings will never add anythign like that.