FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

POP x ROCK

inesquecivel
Which you prefer?

POP or ROCK ????

I Like more POP, and you?

Very Happy
threezeroone
I like both. Both music genre are great especially when perform by famous singers /band.
Caxius
punk hahahahaha
no.... rock.. British rock
Healckles
I Like More Rock

But i like the two stiles^^
BioHaZaRD
Rock. I don't care for pop.
leone
naaaaaaaaah i like pop. The rock is too noisy and i don't like that type of music. Very Happy
avblue
Rock! Cool
snowboardalliance
Rock

pop, rap, and mtv = no
naiaramalta
POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing
Caxius
snowboardalliance wrote:
pop, rap, and mtv = no

hahaa i'm agree with you! Wink
lpbrasil
I like much rock. Razz
Natrualkiller
I love rock i would choose rock over hip hop but sometimes you just wanna hear something diffrent thats when hip hop comes in
comsci18
oh i only Rock
Rock music is greats
i love rock
caaltt
I guess you can consider me a "musician" seeing as I play an instrument.

I like MOST styles of music including Rock, Heavy Metal, Grunge, Reggae, Punk, Rap, Classical, Calypso, Instrumentals, a little Dub/Consious, a little Techno, and maybe a little what you call POP which I think died with Michael Jackson!!

In my humble opinion every genre of music has its' good qualities and talented artists who sincerely make thier music for no other reason than the MUSIC....but in MOST cases, 90% of the "known" musicians in each genre are there entirely for selfish reasons including fame, fortune, and well....the opposite sex Embarassed
But! I do think that POPular music is very main stream and the percentage rises to about 99.9% Exclamation Exclamation
I cannot think of a single person or band in POP that is not a complete product that is sold over and over again.
Not that some of these people aren't talented...because some of them obviously are....but through lyrics, commercials, and fashion lines you tend to wonder where the well written, heart felt (whether rock hard or sincere soft) and humbly performed music has gone.

Therefore....I choose Rock because from its' conception Rock was intended to be anti-commercially accepted through truth, at least used to be, while POP has always been about falsity.
It's such a shame that the REAL Michael Jackson is dead!!!

Anyway...sorry for offending some you....it's just an opinion. Wink
LIL_BART
i like rock
i like american 80s rock and roll
its awsome the music is so cool
ROCK ON!!!
sprinqles
I love Rock more than Pop. But I don't mind listening to Pop Rock. hehehe
snowboardalliance
sprinqles wrote:
I love Rock more than Pop. But I don't mind listening to Pop Rock. hehehe

Pop rock can be a lot of things really. Some bands are obviously pop rock, but others are just so famous, overrated, and everyone who watches mtv knows about them that they are kind of pop-but still rock. Some of the bands I like are almost kind of pop, but when I talk about pop, I mean like singers- usually not bands.
Slowhand
Well I like pop and rock both.. Sometimes I have more noise in rock.. other times I like pop more. Its always nice to see a pop singer singin' with another rockstar.
knskater
Well i like both to tell the truth. I would perfer RAP because its a way to express your self and i respect it alot.
inesquecivel
knskater wrote:
Well i like both to tell the truth. I would perfer RAP because its a way to express your self and i respect it alot.

i don't like rap... Rolling Eyes
tony
Personally, I dislike 99% of the rap i've heard. rock is typically more preferable to me than pop but there are certainly exceptions. the electropop movement is one.
Luis
I prefer the rock much more
the pop and very electronic, the rock already comes more from the feeling, a more natural thing and of the same person that this playing the instrument
rock rox:)
live the rock!!!!!!!!!!
Twikki
I prefer rock ALOT more than pop

I just hate the "pop-girls" (no sexist intended)
Stuff like spice girls it just gets annoying
willem2809
Rock! (sounds more like metal that pop Razz)
jarred89
Pop and Rock is the best. Its my favourite Music Genre.
BadBoyPK
BadBoyPK
http://206.51.233.184/asiangirls/G05DFB9CFE96347B0808C36171445F8CB.wma <== Hot hot !!!
BadBoyPK
http://206.51.233.184/kissgoodbye/GF6F08D5CB3414D3E8E22E8391C04E93D.wma <=== Click listen song Smile
BadBoyPK
http://206.51.233.184/don'tknowwhy/G047A14FD21C74D89BFDA4D1807A7D108.wma <== Click listen music song !!!
BadBoyPK
http://206.51.233.184/siren/GA3916246E0EE44CDB155CB3688E77BA0.wma <== Click listen song !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
htmj
I Like more POP too
supjapscrapper
A far as as I'm concerned I like hearing to almost all kinds of music. It is just that it is way harder to find something acceptable in pop music than it is in Rock, an even harder than it is to find awesome stuff in heavy, instrumental. I recognise that most of bands/ artists are more of brands than artists really, they capitalise to the most on some artistic aility ans try to sell a maximum from that. That is to say more "pure" music styles give more pleasure and drive mre feelings, more popular commercial types are a lot more basic and work almost only on the most basic feelings, and thus generate a lot more money, because they reach most people...
asnani04
pop and rock both are superb genres when performed by good artists. I must say that I personally prefer rock at times when I need energy, and pop otherwise. In pop, I like Avril Lavigne, Enrique Iglesias, and in rock, I like Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, etc...
Blummer
Well I don't understand VS discussions, though I can also say that there are great artists on both genres. There are some nice modern artists and even more oldie stuff. But in my opinion, modern hip hop rhythms have obscured rich melodies and turned them into something minimalistic, maybe more suitable for 21st century.