FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Missing points?

wab11287
Well I wasnt really sure where I should even post this so I decided to try General Chat. I have noticed over the time that my points have been going down, and I know that 1 point is taken a day and this is how they base your hosting from, but what Ive noticed is that about half my points have been removed within the past three days. I have 87.19 Frih$ which are all from posting and then my points are only at 45. Now if you look I only registered "Joined: 04 Jan 2009" which is 4 days ago. So if you do the math which I will show below, it may be wrong so correct me if I am miss understanding how the points are removed.

27 total posts
87.19 Frih$
45 Points

87.19 points divided by 27 posts should be about 3.23 points per post.
87.19 Frih$ minus 45 points is 42.19 points missing.

So how is it that almost half of my points are gone when I only registered 4 days ago?

If you do 42.19 divided by 4 days you get 10.5 points lost per day. Now Im lost here so if anyone could please explain this to me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Points and posts are all based on what I had BEFORE this post.
TomS
Each day your points will be reset to 45, if you have more than 45 points. (If you have an hosting account)
That's to keep you active. So you can't post a hundred posts a day, collect 400 points and then stay away from the forum for over one year Wink
ocalhoun
TomS wrote:
Each day your points will be reset to 45, if you have more than 45 points. (If you have an hosting account)
That's to keep you active. So you can't post a hundred posts a day, collect 400 points and then stay away from the forum for over one year Wink

And so that people like me can't just leave for 25 years and expect to still be hosted ^.^

It can be annoying if you're going to have a long absence, but they're actually very understanding about that.
wab11287
Ok, that makes a lot of sense actually. Very smart way to keep the community active. I dont mind that at all since I enjoy posting on these forums and I find a lot of topics very entertaining. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

If a moderator would like to close this topic they can. Thanks!
shrykull
You can always get paid hosting if you complain about frih rules.

Don't get me wrong I am on your side, but these guys give you high quality free hosting for your forum activity. And the rules are very transparent, what is more the frih team seem to be very considerate about somebody's lack of activity 4 some time. So if you plan longer vacation without access to the net, it may be a bit troublesome I agree in this point. Nonetheless it is not that difficult at all to get some score in few days and then leave for longer time, right?

Best wishes,
Shrykull