FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Lifestyle & News Sub-Forum: Middle East News

deanhills
I noticed that one of the Middle East threads was locked, following a decision that has been made previously about lumping everything to do with Middle East under one thread. The Middle East thread is really LOOOOOOOONG getting to 40 pages now. And it is clumsy, as it would be much nicer to have a separate heading "Middle East News" with its own different threads in it.

Do you think we could have a separate heading for Middle East News on equal par with World News? Surely the number of postings for the Middle East justifies a sub-forum for itself?
rvec
I agree one topic is a bit small for such a big and much discussed thing, but a whole forum might be a bit too much. Maybe we should unsticky the sticky post and allow multiple topics, as long as they aren't all about the same thing (which they where when I locked them).

So if there are 2 topics about the current war, one should be locked. But if one is about what would be a good solution and the other is about the terrible conditions in the Palestinian areas both can stay open.

Not sure if that would solve all problems, but it seems like a good solution to me.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
I agree one topic is a bit small for such a big and much discussed thing, but a whole forum might be a bit too much. Maybe we should unsticky the sticky post and allow multiple topics, as long as they aren't all about the same thing (which they where when I locked them).

So if there are 2 topics about the current war, one should be locked. But if one is about what would be a good solution and the other is about the terrible conditions in the Palestinian areas both can stay open.

Not sure if that would solve all problems, but it seems like a good solution to me.

Sounds like a good solution rvec. Although possibly we could do justice to it as a sub topic too. Probably good to keep it loose and flexible, and as you say, when there are obvious duplications, to "marry them" together Smile Thanks for all the hard work!