FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think the best Gaming Platform is?

Best Gaming Platform
XBox 360
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
PS3
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Wii
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
Nintendo
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Atari
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sega
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Nintendo 64
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Super Nintendo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 40

wab11287
Well from the title its pretty simple to see what this topic is about. What do you guys think is the top of the line gaming console. I have made a poll to help with the topic and make it easier to let people see the votes.

Tell us which one you like the most and why you picked it! Have fun everyone.

==========================================================

Personal opinion:

Top of the bunch for me is XBox 360. I have always been a big original XBox fan and when they came out with 360 I didnt go out and buy it right away but I did get to use it at friends and such. I loved the graphics and game options available for it. The price was of course way to high, which I still think it is.

Final point, I would say that XBox 360 is a great console but I wouldnt fork out the cash for one. Thats why you need to have a lot of friends and use theres!
eday2010
You list Sega; Sega What? They put out about 7 consoles between 1986 and 1999. You should be more specific. Ditto with Atari. They put out more than one system between 1977 and 1994.
David_Pardy
The PC is the best gaming system.

You can play almost any game ever made with emulators if your PC won't play it natively. Plus, the PC has a mouse and keyboard which allow greater control in most games.

With exceptions to games exclusive to more modern consoles that is.

The only downside with PC gaming is that playing with more than one person is usually done with more than one PC, not multiple controllers, although this is certainly possible Smile.
carlospro7
I don't think any gaming console beats a PC. Almost all games that are released for consoles come out for PC (or you can use emulators if available). Plus, a mouse beats a hand controller anytime, specially for first-person shooters.
QrafTee
This topic is really vague. Top of the line would mean new... which is in my opinion the Playstation 3. The Super Nintendo, however, is the best console created thus far. As with the whole PC argument, it's definitely the most resilient and counting it would be too cheap because PCs are always top of the line.
Prasad007
WTF ? No PC ? Razz That's the best platform. Wink
n3k0
Prasad007 wrote:
WTF ? No PC ? Razz That's the best platform. Wink

My vote goes to PC also!
hummer010
Looks like everyone beat me to the "Where's the PC option?"

I've only just recently bought an XBox 360, but my vote still goes for the PC.
evilgeniuself
I'm a Playstation fan, yet I didn't like the way the PS3 was set up, so I will have to go with the PS2. You can also change a PS2 partially into a PC rather easily....
o2o213o2
I just bought PS3 Razz is it good? before i used PC
ParsaAkbari
The best gaming platform is.... a pc.
elyo-luk
PC is the best, have a lot of hardware Razz
8166UY
PC is still the best in my opinion. Also a shame that you haven't put the PSP into the ratings. Wink
Keran
It's a bit a hard to say which one is overally the best, so I'll just say which are my favorites for each category

Most variety: I'd say PC, it gives the most variety when it comes to games.
Most fun platform: I'd say Wii, it's something new, original and really awesome to play at parties.
Best multiplayer platform: I guess either PC or Xbox360, PC because of MMO's, Xbox360 because of Xbox live, hard to decide...
Most reliable/stable platform: Xbox360, You can always count on it ^.^
The cheapest of all(considering only next gen ones): I'd say x360 or Wii, You just buy and play, too bad the games are so expensive. As for PC, it needs to be upgraded every year or two and even then, games like Crisis laugh at every new technology...

Having said that, I decided to vote on Wii, because I don't really care about uber realistic graphics or mind blowing sound effects in a game, at the end of the day all that matters is how much fun the game was...
kenny990
Duh PC. On the PC, you can get endless opportunities to code, create your own games, get a ****load of memory, get amazing RAM and graphics, you could do anything. I vote PC.
ForceRun
I agree with you guys PC all the way. Hardware is better, games are better, controls are better, and possibilities are limitless.
Whong
Wii is the best in my opinion! It has many great games and the fact that you can play GC, NES, SNES and N64 games on it is a superb feature!!! Smile

Nintendo game platforms have always been top quality! Smile
andersonic
The Dreamcast was always my favorite, the console that didn't fail, we failed it! :p
I still have one in my set up and play it quite often for a break from my PS3.

Always been a console gamer, the only PC games I play/ed are Command and Conquer and Diablo.
filesharing
PS3 - you can play HD-Movies. You can play HD-Games. I dont need more than that...
Kelcey
As far as a gaming platform goes... I'd have to go with the 360. It has the variety that the PC and PS3 don't have. To me, it's like the PS2 of the current generation.
enygmasoft
I find it difficult to decide between my ps3 and the wii, but if push came to shove then the Wii barely skimps away with the win.
8166UY
I bought a PS3 last week and I have to say it's way better than everything else I ever put my hands on. The xbox360 has got worst graphics on my Full HD TV and the Wii didn't entertain me more than a few hours. Also the fact that PS3 supports PC hardware, upscaling and Linux makes it the ultimate multimedia machine!!! Very Happy
NtpU
My fav. is the Wii!
Dark_Jedi06
The N64 will always be my all time favorite, I certainly spent the most time with it and it had some of the greatest and most enjoyable titles of all time. The Nintendo and Super Nintendo are high up as well, but I only really got into them years later as my older brothers enjoyed usurping the most current game system we owned when we were young. Playstation 1&2 are also classics, if only for the Final Fantasy's and variety of other incredible RPG's.

I'm not a fan of any of the most recent systems, they're all pretty much huge disappointments (especially the Wii). I've never enjoyed the XBOX but still bought one just so I could play Knights of the Old Republic...I'm that obsessed with Star Wars. Shocked
pumpin
Yeah, i will go with the pc option as the best gaming platform. In fact, i think you should add PC as an option on the poll Wink
on3love
yeah where's the pc option?..... pc was the best gaming platform unfortunately you must have Great PC(expensive) to play high end game.....

you can play almost any game on pc with emulator....
kody
The PC by far.
kody
The PC by far.
kody
The PC by far..

Weird. my messages are posting, but I don't get the points for it. the webpage just times out.

Anyone else get that problem?
Diablosblizz
PC is the best gaming system, although if it was a console it would be xBox 360. It's not just a gaming console, it's also a media center which I like. Next would be the Wii for it's creativity.

But, xBox 360 is top in my boat.
hamza1122
YOu can't really compare because different platforms have different advantages and disadvantages. i personally prefer xbox 360 because it has less control than a ps3 and the graphics are better and the games are longer/better. But ps3 is kind of better because it offers more games than xbox 360 and they are also of high quality graphics.
Libby
I LOVE MY WII.

Before that it was PS2.
achowles
The PC would be a clear winner if it wasn't for the past year churning out a lot of DRM and lazy ports. But even in light of that, I still have no incentive to get a console. Given the prices of 360/PS3 games I'd just be paying more for less.
enygmasoft
Diablosblizz wrote:
PC is the best gaming system, although if it was a console it would be xBox 360. It's not just a gaming console, it's also a media center which I like. Next would be the Wii for it's creativity.

I certainly feel it really depends on what games you are looking for my kids are forever on the wii and I am using the ps3 primarily as everything it is a blu ray playing home theater.
pscompanies
PSP is cool, but I guess it'll only really catch on when the (rumoured) PSP2 makes a debut.. Either way you can never compare PC to Consoles to Handhelds, each has it's own pros and cons.

For now, I'd say PC, PS3 and PSP.
Diablosblizz
enygmasoft wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:

I certainly feel it really depends on what games you are looking for my kids are forever on the wii and I am using the ps3 primarily as everything it is a blu ray playing home theater.

I totally agree with you there. Wii is more focused on the younger generation of kids, while the 360 is constantly mature rated games. Not saying that either are bad, it's just how it seems to play out.
william
Best gaming platform. A platform is only as good as its games. I would say PC, but there are a ton of Nintendo franchises I enjoy, so you can throw in literally every Nintendo console. However, I mostly only cared for the first party games. The games found on Playstations and Xboxs that I'm usually interested in are found on the PC as well. So, I would have to say PC overall, but I want my Nintendo consoles as well. Very Happy

Although, I should say that the best console ever released would probably be the Super Nintendo (SNES). It was a time when quality gameplay dominated and some of the greatest games and franchises (in my opinion) began/grew. I've been considering buying a SNES, but never came around to it. I'm not too fond about using the Virtual Console since I hear some games aren't in their original form. I'm not sure to what extent, though.
ForceRun
I would say so far the PC is the winner.
Smiddie
I thin PC, but you always have to upgrade your PC to play the best and newest games.
My7h
I chose other since i prefer playing on my PC instead of consoles, PC is still the best gaming platform IMO. You'll love playing games on it if you have the latest graphics card etc, that's the only downside lol
love_her_freida_pinto
lol the only console that i had before i got my beloved Wii was a PS1. Although the wii does not have many games, most of the wii games are fun and really interactive. Once Monster Hunter 3 comes out, everyone will be playing the Wii and u'll wish u had one! Very Happy my opinion that is Wink
QrafTee
love_her_freida_pinto wrote:
lol the only console that i had before i got my beloved Wii was a PS1. Although the wii does not have many games, most of the wii games are fun and really interactive. Once Monster Hunter 3 comes out, everyone will be playing the Wii and u'll wish u had one! Very Happy my opinion that is Wink

The Monster Hunter series is quite the hit in Japan, but outside of Japan it hasn't received nearly the attention Capcom would hope for.
foreverdestiny
I'm disappointed that PC is not present on the list, It's the king of the gaming system if you ask me. My second favorite is the Xbox360.
LostOverThere
love_her_freida_pinto wrote:

Oh God I can't wait for its released. Seriously, the whole "Yeah, you can play through the the campaign with a friend online" got me even more excited. Day 1 purchase for me. Smile
trung23
pc is the best. You can upgrade your pc system, you can use Duashock, guitar hero's Controller, a driving controller machine...