FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reply to Posts button

Parkour_Jarrod
well it annoys me because sometime i just want to reply to the original post without read the other posts so would it be possible to get a Reply button at the top of the forum as well as the bottom? to save scrolling if so that would be sweet
rvec
normally you should read all replies, or at least the last ones on a huge topic before making a reply. This has been suggested before and was shot down because we want to encourage people to read the topic before making a reply instead of just replying to the first post and giving an answer that's been posted multiple times before.
ocalhoun
Wasn't it originally that way, and changed on purpose to prevent exactly what this suggestion wants to make possible?

Really, the only time when it would be a good idea to reply without reading would be to 'what's your favorite...' type topics, which aren't the best quality anyway. If you insist on replying without reading the other replies, just press the 'end' key on your keyboard, which will take you instantly to the bottom of the page.
deanhills
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
well it annoys me because sometime i just want to reply to the original post without read the other posts so would it be possible to get a Reply button at the top of the forum as well as the bottom? to save scrolling if so that would be sweet

I don't see the problem here. All you need to do is click on the Quote button of the original posting, and you can do an instant reply. No extra buttons necessary. At the same time you can do a quick scan of the other postings, with the scroller at the bottom of the message. Works very fast.