FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What would you do with your life if you can live forever ?





rexrae
I will not try and live forever as i have better things to do in heaven.But as i live for 100 or 200 years Mr. Green, i might try to become a multitrillionaire and...
lets see if i become one.

But some might want to live forever and here is an interesting stuff for them

New Invention Allows Humans To Live Forever.
http://www.alexchiu.com/eternallife/index.html

He says opposite magnetic poles placed on the right and left side of the body increases blood circulation,'electric current' and thereby matabolism,that fights aging.He has a whole wide website on this and a whole lot of crazy ideas like teleportation,UFOS,Philosophy etc.
bigdan
I'd try and stay young...and just live life to its fullest! Very Happy
tidruG
Live for 50-60 years, never try to make myself young, and then probably get bored of the world and kill myself...
Helios
Yea, life is short..

I would sleep alot Laughing
RavenCross
I will try to achieve everything i want and try everything good that this world of ours has too offer.. but i guess that would be meaningless 2 live for an eternity because it is a fact that people come and go..
silentpark
be sad because i have to live forever^^
oh can i kill myself... i think i would be very depressed one day :/

well maybe learning all languages, since, hystory facts etc...

but... i think its just too[...]ooo much time to know what to do..
but for sure many, many projects that take time..
seanooi
I wouldn't want to live forever. Like that movie, Bicientenial Man. Robin Williams lived long enough to see many of his loved ones die right in front of his eyes. That's kinda sad. So i would agree with bigdan, living life to it's fullest.
RA
I would learn how to swordfight so I could absorb the energy of other long-living humans. They would call me "lowlander"
Jean Havoc
I would have enough time to meet Bono, Pelé and Robert Smith.... Then I would die happy...
psycosquirrel
I don't really want to live for a really really long time... Previous posts have fully explained my reasoning...

But, if I did, I would dedicate my life to improving humanity. If you could live that long, the neurons in your brain would have to be able to learn as though it were a child for the first 20 or so years of your life, therefore you could absorb and learn information, then applying it to find new solutions to problems too complex for the average person's brain to comprehend.

(YAY 100 posts!)
LostOverThere
I dont wish to live forever.

Once I start to have people feed me, breeth for me I wouldn't want to live any longer.
PatTheGreat42
Well, step one is to get rich through some long term investments, and possibly the antique buisiness (Just save all your crap for a really long time, and eventually it will be worth something). Definately learn some new skills, like javascript, and definately party it up. 'Cause when you're rich and immortal, you have to party.

At this point, I would get bored and make it my duty to travel through time in a very sleek and shiny silver spaceship (When you're rich, you can do anything) and insult everyone who has or ever will live, in alphabetical order. You gotta have a hobby.

42! w00t!
psycosquirrel
Laughing

Long live the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy!
naz
Give myself more time to do some things and first of all , I wouldn't stress myself. But I would like to do the same things ,I like to do now. I would just be more relaxed.
MeleceNi
Alive is not the most important,

I prefer more young times.

This is better than a long life.
NG
hmm get my lazy ars out of skool and get to bed lol
rzu
NG wrote:
hmm get my lazy ars out of skool and get to bed lol


Mehehe. Good one. I think it would be boring to live forever. Even if you live for money, for love or for something other aim in your life, there is always the limit. What would you do with your live if you accomplish everything?
Nameless
If I lived forever, I think I wouldn't do anything more than I am already. The only difference would be I wouldn't be so fussed about trying different things... if I had an eternity it wouldn't really matter so much.

I don't think I'd want to live forever though... I'd get bored of everything eventually.
frozenhead
By the time you'd reached the age of 500+.. You're one of the most bored person in the whole world...

I'm pretty sure you'll be depress on what is happening around you..

In short..

I'll find a way to end my life coz I dont want to live forever.. Idea

___________________________________________
poggendroff
i wuld run into the jungle and liv the life of a nomad, ill perhaps rite a philosophy novel, attain realisation become a neo and then i wuld read all the scriptures tht ther culd be then i wuld become a saint with those funky lookin locks and all then i wuld run thru the jungles the wind in my hair and thee sands at my feeeeetttt

coz i want to liv, like animallls careless and freeee
Twisted Evil
dan751
What would I do if I could live forever? well, for starters, I would master every instrument on the face of the earth, and learn everything there is to know about computers (programming/hacking ect..), I would also build myself a huge reputation with a very powerful company, and therefore be untouchable to any criminal, becuase having that big a name would give me almost unlimited resources to whatever.Very Happy oh, and I would also master every known sport too.Very Happy and loads more.Very Happy like explore space.Very Happy
T3 Architect
dude i whould design a world of buildings like...Star Wars
leat397
If I could live forever, I would try my best to enhance my health, knowledge and wisdom, for example read books, keep myself in state of top fitness, and learn as much as I can!.

It's totally useless if I got illness and live forever, it quite a stupid and painful life thtat much more worse than short livings but healthy. To enhance my wisdom is to know how to make others live forever with me!.
Forever loneliness is another stupid life. I must not be able to bear the painful experience to see my loved families, wife, friend to dead one one by one despite my forever existence!

Somehow, if anyone could do so..he or she must probably be our GOD!
kuroneko
If I were to live forever then I would first find a way to get real rich. Then I would submerge myself in anime, manga, and basically the whole japanese culture and live happily ever after. But it's a shame life isn't like that. And as you can probably tell I'm an Anime Junkie(and i'm proud of it to).
carlokes
I think i would make myself so famous that everyone in the world would know about me...not lacking time would be useful to make the craziest things in order to call the worlds attention lol...
Well returning to reality, i would live a low profile life since i would live a long time i wouldn't want to call everyone attention to my age...and i would travel a lot too.
gonzo
rexrae wrote:
I will not try and live forever as i have better things to do in heaven


As you say, heaven is better. The longer you live the longer you are appart from union with God.


Quote:
He says opposite magnetic poles placed on the right and left side of


not too precise, is he? Gee, I wonder why...
threezeroone
Jeez, if can live forever that would be boring but I think I will spend my time in surfing the web.. Very Happy
budazz
ill will eat as amny as i want...no worrying to get heart ache....because i wont die... Very Happy
Nameless
Post and post and post until I get so much frih$ that it loops around to negetive frih$. That would be fun to do.
TreadStone
I never would like such a thing like that.its horrible I think...I even cant figure out... Shocked
Natrualkiller
I would work hard early and enjoy life after money can make you happy Smile
rob.tradowsky
i would get so bored.. oh, and surely the world is gonna end someday and the entire human race will be wiped out? just a thought.

tom
aniitopia
I would not want to live forever. It would get boring after a few hundred years.
polarBear
I'd sleep for AGES... and probably eventually get bored and try to kill me for ages until I get back to sleep
Sneaky
I would just sit around and do the stuff I normally do.. like play DDR or work on computers. AHA! That's what I would do - Learn EVERYTHING there is to possibly know about computers, then learn a foriegn language or two or 3 or 4... haha!
aniitopia
Actualy I would learn every language, then read everybook. Then be the smartest person then take over the world muhuhuhua Evil or Very Mad
coolclay
If I could live forever the first thing I would do is kill myself after seeing all my friends and family members pass away, and after seeing the world being destroyed.
zdzichu2005
Well I`d inform media and would take over the world. Then I would helping to live in peace of all countries
...but If I have to live so long I prefer to be young forevef too Wink
abc123ben
I would stay alive for ever, there is always gonna be something new.
Caxius
to see as the world changes
sevenos
well I'd die If I cut my throat? else it will be a long and tough term to see all my friends die 1by1.. Rolling Eyes
solomagos
I really don't know. I suppose I would like to learn and learn more new things, but I think I would end fed up with life.
In my opinion it's all more beautiful with an end!

Lena
Lennon
I would travel the world, take as long as I want... Razz
a.Bird
I am living "forever" right "now". Shocked
Jack_Hammer
I would get bored eventually and kill myself, I think everyone would get bored eventually because everything would be the same.
OutlawSpirit
eternal life would be hell itself
Vrythramax
I wouldn't want to live forever, for a bit longer than is normal maybe, but certainly not forever. If you are doomed to live forever doesn't that mean you can't kill yourself either?

As was pointed out earlier, I wouldn't want to live long enough to see everything I love and care about die and blow away. Doesn't sound very appealing to me at all....even as a hypothetical question I find it a bit disturbing.
SkullPizza
rexrae wrote:
I will not try and live forever as i have better things to do in heaven.But as i live for 100 or 200 years Mr. Green, i might try to become a multitrillionaire and...
lets see if i become one.

But some might want to live forever and here is an interesting stuff for them

New Invention Allows Humans To Live Forever.
http://www.alexchiu.com/eternallife/index.html

He says opposite magnetic poles placed on the right and left side of the body increases blood circulation,'electric current' and thereby matabolism,that fights aging.He has a whole wide website on this and a whole lot of crazy ideas like teleportation,UFOS,Philosophy etc.


If I was going to live forever I could see my self killing myself after afew hundred years.
Poizyn
I'd learn as much as possible about.. everything. Just so that I knew everything. Wink

Poizyn
CompactHaven
At first I thought it was a cult website, so I ordered it.

IT REALLY WORKS! I lived forever.

I'd go fight in Iraqi war.
Scorpio
I would be happy even if i lived for only 40 years.
But i would certainly like to make a large scale positive impact on the world before i go.
Living to a ripe old age only gets you into the record books after a century and a quarter.
But achieving something in a shorter duration is better as one gets to enjoy great status on earth as well as later in heaven. Very Happy
thiamshui
i would devote my life to helping others and doing IT-related stuff..
FrightKnight
I'll find a way to kill myself. Living forever only means seeing all the people you care for die one by one.
Greatking
do everything i ever wanted to do. travel all over the countries in the whole world. i would build my dream businesses. enjoy life to the fullest. ensure i get to know everything that has to do with life. i would preach to a thousand people about christ. i would live a very interesting life.
goutha
I'm not sure that I'd like to live forever. It will be boring at a certain moment... I think that the life/death cycle is good.
Raidation
I wouldn't want to live forever. But if I had to, I would stay at the computer and well...program. Don't call me a nerd, because I'm not one.
TurtleShell
If I was going to live forever, I'd learn lots of different languages, read all the books, paint and paint and paint. I'd become very educated, I'd travel all over the world, I'd write some books, and I'd become the most interesting person I knew.
Solon_Poledourus
I'd love to live forever. I enjoy learning so many things, and there's so much to learn. That's all I would do is learn new things, travel, and watch history be written in first person.
Helios
After watching every single episode of The Highlander, I can only say immortality is something I won't want.
I'd sure like to live longer, but being immortal - I don't think so. I'd go mad.
spring567
Live for 1000 years is still very short .
I will study forever if I live forever .
spoonassassinkingdom
Living forever is such a twilight thing! Seriously, I don't want to live forever!

Look at your mom and how bad her fashion is! She is behind because she is older than you! So what would you look like if you had already lived for like 1000 years! Would you still wear those clothes?
mwsupra
I wouldn't want to live forever, I would hate to have everyone I cared about die while I lived on... would be very lonely.
deanhills
I would imagine if I could live forever, that everyone else would be able to do the same. Hopefully there won't be the need for more population as if everyone could live forever, there would be too many people for the world to be able to survive. Hopefully everyone will also be unable to get old anymore.
speeDemon
I'd run around the world..... yup, a world tour, but on foot!! once I complete earth, I'll go to the other 7!!
joe_042293
If I was doomed to live forever, I would spend every waking moment searching for a way to die. The thought of living forever, whether on Earth or in heaven, is horrifying. It would do a huge degree of damage to a person's mind until eventually insanity set in.
standready
kill myself
pll
joe_042293 wrote:
If I was doomed to live forever, I would spend every waking moment searching for a way to die. The thought of living forever, whether on Earth or in heaven, is horrifying. It would do a huge degree of damage to a person's mind until eventually insanity set in.


How can you say that ?
I mean... you already lived forever ?
-
Seriously, I don't know what would I do, if I don't get insane. I'd try to travel around the universe and go as far as I can.
skygaia
well..... life is too short. so it's worth.
I don't want to live forever. Actually I want to archieve many things in my life. so I always do my best for them. and sometimes I could feel satisfaction and sometimes disappointment.
If I could live forever, I couldn't have those feelings. that means life could be very dry.
Nevertherless, I don't want to die early...... average life time is best for me, I think... Laughing
angrykid
if life was long no-one would appreciate it and would be bored all the time so even though i don want to die yet life is good to be short
Ryox
If I could live forever, i would just probably do things alittle bit different, but continue my life how like it is.
nigam
If ever i could live forever--i can do anything, everything, tour around the world...be famous, be in good health coz i have lots of money do to with... so that i can live forever

but if i don't have money, don't want to live forever....i'd rather die early...
the-guide
I will be madness... as mad as a hatter. Laughing
Ryox
If I could live forever, I would probably try to stay young and learn lots of education as I possibly can! LOL... >.<

but other than education, I would try to be myself (tarus) and try to make lots and lots of real life friends, and be their friend forever! :3
mwsupra
I have to say though, that device looks totally bogus to me. Horrible site to look at also. And apparently it makes you not want to have kids! lol
sum12nv
i would eat and drink but most of all i would play css and gunz. XD
babygeek
travel endlessly. Wink
biljap
When you have people you love you want them to live forever, and you want to be with them forever. But when you think about it… I’m not sure but I think it would be bad. It would be nice if average life ages are few years higher... And that we start getting older (I mean visibly old, with wrinkles and gray hair) a few years later, but…
If you know you would live longer I guess you would live more relaxed and won’t be in hurry with anything because you know that you have years in front of you. And that is if you are “young”… If you live 200 years just to make your family (or anyone else) to spend their time just to take care of you… Confused
apple
If I could live forever I'd probably spend most of my time trying to kill myself Confused
GNDHBK
That would suck to live forever. If i was forced with that option I would probably get so bored I would try to figure out a way TO kill myself.
spring567
tidruG wrote:
Live for 50-60 years, never try to make myself young, and then probably get bored of the world and kill myself...


You should try to know what live it is . Not just live for life.
spring567
apple wrote:
If I could live forever I'd probably spend most of my time trying to kill myself Confused


Why so many people like to kill self ? Most of people like to have a long lief . I hope I never die so I could do a lots of things . For example play games , study history ,the world even the future .
yuichan
I will surely do everthing I have never done in my life, and wish my lovers live forever too. I'm afriad to be alone Crying or Very sad
ankitdatashn
being mortal is the safest bet, although if I had an immortal life then I would dare all the people who abuse innocent people.
Dean_The_Great
I would do everything I could think of doing. Travel all over the world, maybe start out as a really successful businessman, then invest like crazy, then travel, go back to school, travel again, then go back to school, try another line of work.

This takes into consideration forever young, and also takes into consideration that you can't really stay in one place for TOO long or people will begin to notice you're living forever.
apple
spring567 wrote:
apple wrote:
If I could live forever I'd probably spend most of my time trying to kill myself Confused


Why so many people like to kill self ? Most of people like to have a long lief . I hope I never die so I could do a lots of things . For example play games , study history ,the world even the future .


Life is a boring cycle, yes there are things that make you smile and stuff. Yet when you really look at it and study it...its boring. I can only speak for myself, I would not like to live just cycling and repeating each day forever.
paskifire
i'll try my best to have lots of children all over the world haha! lol
Reda_Namor
As an immortal, I WOULD NEVER TRY TO WASTE MY TIME KILLING MYSELF LIKE OTHER HAPLESS LOSERS MIGHT!!!

I have better things to do.

Let's start from the top...

-Learn History. Ever-expanding since time marches ever on, being a historian is a safe bet for someone wanting to occupy their time when not doing other activities. The finite details spread across the course of a second over the face of an entire planet may seem daunting to most mortals preoccupied with lesser agendas, learning everything that happened on July 5th, 1832 on planet Earth at 2:42:36 PM Standard Mountain Time should adequately occupy at least a year's time. If you're not a detail-oriented fellow, stick with days, months, and years. Even entire eras in Japan have enough to learn about in brief that you could occupy a few months.

-Learn Chemistry. Not quite as expansive as history, chemistry has more than enough to keep the interested party hooked. It even comes with numerous exciting sub-categories such as:
Electrochemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, metallurgy, genetics, biotechnology, nanotechnology, thermodynamics (a nice transition into physics), crystallography, and more! Chemistry also includes exciting fields such as explosives and propellants, material sciences such as meta-materials, smart substances, non-Newtonian fluids, and more.

-Learn Physics. With the finite reactions involved in putting an 8-ball in the correct corner pocket, wouldn't it be nice to actually know what the hell you're doing? From trajectory and trigonometric calculations regarding acceleration, spin and the right angles involved in pool, to what happens when sufficient quantities of fissionable materials collide (and why it tends to destroy everything around it when said reaction occurs), Physics is a pretty powerful body of knowledge to master over a few centuries of diligent training and learning. How cool would it be to know your golf ball could become a lethal sniping tool with a humble 7 Iron?

-Learn Electronics. Technically more physics, but knowing how to McGuyver a paperclip into a graphing calculator with some superglue and spare car parts would invariably come in handy. Being able to make your own electronics long after the last factory closes down may come in handy for those who conveniently last that long. Invent your own, you might discover something awesome.

-Study computer programming. Be the next level of |_33+ and hack everything. EVERYTHING! While you're at it, you could program a bot to download the entire internet. All of it. Pictures, audio, video and text, including all other forms of software to be found there. That way, in the far, far future when the internet dies, you have it all saved on backup disks. Like, a trillion million of them. Hopefully there'd be something worth reading/watching/hearing in all that mess.

-Practice magic tricks. Why the hell not? Invent your own. Make Chris Angel look like an ID10t. (Some would say he's like Paris Hilton and he does it to himself already, but you can do even better.)

-Practice card games. Never lose at strip poker ever again. Unless you want to. This includes a plethora of other games that you could become perfect at. Drinking games might be hard to perfect, even as an immortal.

-Study Genetics and Biotechnology. I know I already mentioned it as a subcategory of Chemistry, but being able to play God, as an immortal, in that awesome secret lab you build from scratch because you actually knew how to, I'd say it just fits the shoe perfectly.

-Study medicine. Learn all the subtle nuances of the medical world, how to perform surgery, how to synthesize drugs, how to heal any would and cure any illness. Delve into veterinary medicine. Help all the little critters of the world! Compliments the whole genetics field as well.

-Study psychology. Everything from body language, to reasoning, disorders, hypnosis, studying the human mind is in and of itself a hugely time-consuming endeavor.

-Study languages. How cool would it be to speak every language on Earth? Including the dead languages, and the secret scripts such as Theban, Enochian, and that slew of other arcane writings, you'd never misunderstand anyone ever again. It might also help in your studies of history to read literature that was written then and there at that non-English-speaking place. Like Egypt.

-Exercise. Make yourself perfect, make yourself a super-human. After a nice long century of careful exercise, you can easily surpass the endurance, strength and health of any normal bodybuilder. Worried about your joints or tendons wearing out? By now you should have learned all about artificial cartilage injections, prosthetics and progenesis treatments. You can be better, faster, stronger, more beautiful.

-Perfect sex! With a perfect body, all that wonderful knowledge between your ears and behind your eyes, become the ultimate lover. A quickie might not seem like much right now, but just think what you could do with a few centuries to practice.

-Metalworking. How convenient would it be to make your own metal works from scratch? No need to explain yourself. And with eternity to practice your blacksmithing skills, you could easily create the perfect sword and shield to show off next to your laser ray gun. Conrad Stargard anyone?

-Glass working. Make the perfect apparatus required to genetically engineer the perfect immortal lover! Complete with perfect metal fittings, and perfect electronics interface. See where this is going?

-Create Art. With enough time, you can thoroughly study all art in the world, create your own, and perfect any masterpiece. Having a gallery of paintings and sculptures you made yourself, each of a quality that would make DaVinci himself slack-jawed in awe, isn't that in itself worthwhile to some of you out there?

-Learn Culinary Art. From the great French disciplines and high art that is the staple of the European culture, to Molecular Gastronomy, the art of creating the new and perfect deliciousness. Cooking is reputed to be a lifelong discipline, serving many chefs well into retirement with most saying they're great, but they still don't know everything.

-Winemaking. As long as it can ferment, age, and blend, winemaking is a hobby befitting of immortals, as it requires time to ferment and age, patience to blend, and ample time to savor the fruits of your labor.

-Build a rocket. Because you should know how to after a few centuries, it only takes a NASA engineer a few decades to get the art down pat after all. Visit the other planets, in person. None of that sissy robotic probe nonsense, just drop in for a picnic on Mars one day, and enjoy the delightfully flavorful Martian water you find under the surface gravel.

-Become a self-styled God. With immortality at hand, it just lends itself to become a self-made God. After your Martian vacation, come back home and RULE THE WORLD!!! Fill it with your genetically engineered monsters and hunt them for sport. Rebuild entire continents in your image. You have all the time in the universe at your disposal, you could reshape the planet with a hand shovel! Then show off your perfect body to your genetically customized love servants in your hand-carved black obsidian castle (with pure gold accents and hand-carved trim from a tree you created from pure genetic stock) overlooking the New Pangea you dug with your own two hands. As you flex in the reflection of the pure diamond mirror you made with your high-tech skills, you can listen to the song of the birds you created in your genetics facility knowing you personally released their great-great grandfathers into the wilds years ago. Your workout room could be adjacent to your spectacular art gallery, with the smell of your perfect meal wafting up from the stainless steel and glass-lined kitchen below.

-Write an even longer to-do list. You could even re-seed the earth after the apocalypse and start all over again. Watch evolution in action.

-Star gaze. The Andromeda galaxy, in about three billion years, will crash into the Milky Way. You can have the honor of naming all the new constellations.

-Craft Worlds. While riding the wings of eternity, why not dream big. Try moving whole planets. Ignite a new star. Visit new galaxies. Take the bible a step further and be fruitful by populating new Earths. Name them after yourself. Visit them every few hundred centuries, essentially playing one huge non-computer version of Sims/Spore. Omnipotent in your handcrafted titanium and tungsten alloy armored space vessel the size of the moon, you could travel to and fro, reminding everyone who put them on the planets they call home, like a God-Emperor, driving the gears of a galactic government, occasionally sculpting new planetary real-estate to seed with the perfect genes of your chosen people and creatures. As time goes on, you'll get bolder and grander ideas. One day, you may even be able to interfere with the end of the universe, preserving it as a permanent entity. In a few googolplex millennia, you may figure out how to save the universe from entropy.

When you have forever to complete whatever task you set forth to achieve, you can remember the loved ones that may have passed on knowing they'd be proud or envious of your god-like status in the distant future. Currently, all creatures die, we mourn their loss, but it's a piss poor reason to let ourselves die too. Live forever and let die.

LIVE FOR YOURSELF! Nobody else will. Why not be an ever-living paragon of intellectual perfection? Why not strive to feel and act like a God with impunity? If you're just going to waste everyone's time trying to kill yourself instead of doing something useful, don't bother becoming immortal to begin with, go play dead.
ankitdatashn
Reda_Namor wrote:
As an immortal, I WOULD NEVER TRY TO WASTE MY TIME KILLING MYSELF LIKE OTHER HAPLESS LOSERS MIGHT!!!

I have better things to do.

Let's start from the top...

-Learn History. Ever-expanding since time marches ever on, being a historian is a safe bet for someone wanting to occupy their time when not doing other activities. The finite details spread across the course of a second over the face of an entire planet may seem daunting to most mortals preoccupied with lesser agendas, learning everything that happened on July 5th, 1832 on planet Earth at 2:42:36 PM Standard Mountain Time should adequately occupy at least a year's time. If you're not a detail-oriented fellow, stick with days, months, and years. Even entire eras in Japan have enough to learn about in brief that you could occupy a few months.

-Learn Chemistry. Not quite as expansive as history, chemistry has more than enough to keep the interested party hooked. It even comes with numerous exciting sub-categories such as:
Electrochemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, metallurgy, genetics, biotechnology, nanotechnology, thermodynamics (a nice transition into physics), crystallography, and more! Chemistry also includes exciting fields such as explosives and propellants, material sciences such as meta-materials, smart substances, non-Newtonian fluids, and more.

-Learn Physics. With the finite reactions involved in putting an 8-ball in the correct corner pocket, wouldn't it be nice to actually know what the hell you're doing? From trajectory and trigonometric calculations regarding acceleration, spin and the right angles involved in pool, to what happens when sufficient quantities of fissionable materials collide (and why it tends to destroy everything around it when said reaction occurs), Physics is a pretty powerful body of knowledge to master over a few centuries of diligent training and learning. How cool would it be to know your golf ball could become a lethal sniping tool with a humble 7 Iron?

-Learn Electronics. Technically more physics, but knowing how to McGuyver a paperclip into a graphing calculator with some superglue and spare car parts would invariably come in handy. Being able to make your own electronics long after the last factory closes down may come in handy for those who conveniently last that long. Invent your own, you might discover something awesome.

-Study computer programming. Be the next level of |_33+ and hack everything. EVERYTHING! While you're at it, you could program a bot to download the entire internet. All of it. Pictures, audio, video and text, including all other forms of software to be found there. That way, in the far, far future when the internet dies, you have it all saved on backup disks. Like, a trillion million of them. Hopefully there'd be something worth reading/watching/hearing in all that mess.

-Practice magic tricks. Why the hell not? Invent your own. Make Chris Angel look like an ID10t. (Some would say he's like Paris Hilton and he does it to himself already, but you can do even better.)

-Practice card games. Never lose at strip poker ever again. Unless you want to. This includes a plethora of other games that you could become perfect at. Drinking games might be hard to perfect, even as an immortal.

-Study Genetics and Biotechnology. I know I already mentioned it as a subcategory of Chemistry, but being able to play God, as an immortal, in that awesome secret lab you build from scratch because you actually knew how to, I'd say it just fits the shoe perfectly.

-Study medicine. Learn all the subtle nuances of the medical world, how to perform surgery, how to synthesize drugs, how to heal any would and cure any illness. Delve into veterinary medicine. Help all the little critters of the world! Compliments the whole genetics field as well.

-Study psychology. Everything from body language, to reasoning, disorders, hypnosis, studying the human mind is in and of itself a hugely time-consuming endeavor.

-Study languages. How cool would it be to speak every language on Earth? Including the dead languages, and the secret scripts such as Theban, Enochian, and that slew of other arcane writings, you'd never misunderstand anyone ever again. It might also help in your studies of history to read literature that was written then and there at that non-English-speaking place. Like Egypt.

-Exercise. Make yourself perfect, make yourself a super-human. After a nice long century of careful exercise, you can easily surpass the endurance, strength and health of any normal bodybuilder. Worried about your joints or tendons wearing out? By now you should have learned all about artificial cartilage injections, prosthetics and progenesis treatments. You can be better, faster, stronger, more beautiful.

-Perfect sex! With a perfect body, all that wonderful knowledge between your ears and behind your eyes, become the ultimate lover. A quickie might not seem like much right now, but just think what you could do with a few centuries to practice.

-Metalworking. How convenient would it be to make your own metal works from scratch? No need to explain yourself. And with eternity to practice your blacksmithing skills, you could easily create the perfect sword and shield to show off next to your laser ray gun. Conrad Stargard anyone?

-Glass working. Make the perfect apparatus required to genetically engineer the perfect immortal lover! Complete with perfect metal fittings, and perfect electronics interface. See where this is going?

-Create Art. With enough time, you can thoroughly study all art in the world, create your own, and perfect any masterpiece. Having a gallery of paintings and sculptures you made yourself, each of a quality that would make DaVinci himself slack-jawed in awe, isn't that in itself worthwhile to some of you out there?

-Learn Culinary Art. From the great French disciplines and high art that is the staple of the European culture, to Molecular Gastronomy, the art of creating the new and perfect deliciousness. Cooking is reputed to be a lifelong discipline, serving many chefs well into retirement with most saying they're great, but they still don't know everything.

-Winemaking. As long as it can ferment, age, and blend, winemaking is a hobby befitting of immortals, as it requires time to ferment and age, patience to blend, and ample time to savor the fruits of your labor.

-Build a rocket. Because you should know how to after a few centuries, it only takes a NASA engineer a few decades to get the art down pat after all. Visit the other planets, in person. None of that sissy robotic probe nonsense, just drop in for a picnic on Mars one day, and enjoy the delightfully flavorful Martian water you find under the surface gravel.

-Become a self-styled God. With immortality at hand, it just lends itself to become a self-made God. After your Martian vacation, come back home and RULE THE WORLD!!! Fill it with your genetically engineered monsters and hunt them for sport. Rebuild entire continents in your image. You have all the time in the universe at your disposal, you could reshape the planet with a hand shovel! Then show off your perfect body to your genetically customized love servants in your hand-carved black obsidian castle (with pure gold accents and hand-carved trim from a tree you created from pure genetic stock) overlooking the New Pangea you dug with your own two hands. As you flex in the reflection of the pure diamond mirror you made with your high-tech skills, you can listen to the song of the birds you created in your genetics facility knowing you personally released their great-great grandfathers into the wilds years ago. Your workout room could be adjacent to your spectacular art gallery, with the smell of your perfect meal wafting up from the stainless steel and glass-lined kitchen below.

-Write an even longer to-do list. You could even re-seed the earth after the apocalypse and start all over again. Watch evolution in action.

-Star gaze. The Andromeda galaxy, in about three billion years, will crash into the Milky Way. You can have the honor of naming all the new constellations.

-Craft Worlds. While riding the wings of eternity, why not dream big. Try moving whole planets. Ignite a new star. Visit new galaxies. Take the bible a step further and be fruitful by populating new Earths. Name them after yourself. Visit them every few hundred centuries, essentially playing one huge non-computer version of Sims/Spore. Omnipotent in your handcrafted titanium and tungsten alloy armored space vessel the size of the moon, you could travel to and fro, reminding everyone who put them on the planets they call home, like a God-Emperor, driving the gears of a galactic government, occasionally sculpting new planetary real-estate to seed with the perfect genes of your chosen people and creatures. As time goes on, you'll get bolder and grander ideas. One day, you may even be able to interfere with the end of the universe, preserving it as a permanent entity. In a few googolplex millennia, you may figure out how to save the universe from entropy.

When you have forever to complete whatever task you set forth to achieve, you can remember the loved ones that may have passed on knowing they'd be proud or envious of your god-like status in the distant future. Currently, all creatures die, we mourn their loss, but it's a piss poor reason to let ourselves die too. Live forever and let die.

LIVE FOR YOURSELF! Nobody else will. Why not be an ever-living paragon of intellectual perfection? Why not strive to feel and act like a God with impunity? If you're just going to waste everyone's time trying to kill yourself instead of doing something useful, don't bother becoming immortal to begin with, go play dead.


Now that's what we call a perfect answer!!, whoaa I cant ever imagine that much stuff being in my brain at a time, great!
David_Pardy
Hmmm... I have a slightly different answer to immortality to the previous guy Wink.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm assuming that with the immortality comes eternal youth, or rather, my body will never break down from aging as long as I stay healthy and fit.

So there are a few things I would do:


1. Practise drumming as much as possible, so that I could be the drummer in the greatest bands of all time, literally.

2. I would study EVERYTHING I possibly could... Physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, electronics.

3. I'd learn to do all the things I've been fascinated by - metallurgy, blacksmithing, archery, firearms, car racing, flying.

4. I'd build my own aircraft! And I'd actually get around to finally making all those balsa RC model aircraft Smile.

5. I'd save up over the years and buy all the cars I want... Plenty of time to save!

6. I'd study Japanese, German, French, Chinese, Italian and Portuguese in that order, and then consider other languages.

7. I'd start skateboarding again Very Happy


And I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff I'd end up doing.
Insanity
I agree, there is so much one can do with their life if they live forever. There are so many skills to master, languages to learn, and games to play. I know it might get old sooner or later (no pun intended), but yeah I would rather not die and live forever instead of finding ways to kill myself.
Ankhanu
tidruG wrote:
Live for 50-60 years, never try to make myself young, and then probably get bored of the world and kill myself...


Yep. Couldn't imagine living "forever". Living longer won't make life better, just means you endure more of it.
Crinoid
Trying to earn a living and pay all the medical bills Crying or Very sad
Reda_Namor
rexrae wrote:
I will not try and live forever as i have better things to do in heaven.But as i live for 100 or 200 years Mr. Green, i might try to become a multitrillionaire and...
lets see if i become one.

But some might want to live forever and here is an interesting stuff for them

New Invention Allows Humans To Live Forever.
http://www.alexchiu.com/eternallife/index.html

He says opposite magnetic poles placed on the right and left side of the body increases blood circulation,'electric current' and thereby matabolism,that fights aging.He has a whole wide website on this and a whole lot of crazy ideas like teleportation,UFOS,Philosophy etc.


[WARNING] The following thought splurge might be technical beyond the interest/attention span of some readers. If you don't care to think with open-minded philosophy, feel free to skip-go to the next comment. I'm cool if you don't wanna read a bunch of blablablah.

I should have posted this earlier, probably with my first post, but it's been bothering me like a mosquito bite. While the Eastern Medicine practices may have a million mysterious and unexplained (as of yet) effects on the human body, a lot of their philosophies aren't based in science, more like an interesting religious discipline. As such, wearing magnetic rings on both hands (a bad idea for anyone who deals with electronics/computers all day) supposedly induces immortality...

So... Why aren't there millions of magnetic immortals out there already? With recent advances in genetics, it's a relativley known fact (on the molecular biology fields) that there are two factual and effective mathods for inducing cellular immortality. Causing cancer (bad) and activating the Telomerase Reverse Transcriptase Gene (good). Why aren't there a ton of transgenic immortals out there you ask in harsh irony? Because activating Telomerase to lengthen the telomeres also tends to induce oncogenesis (making cancer, again bad).

I imagine with the cure for cancer, immortality isn't an impossibility. One would still die, experts predict a maximum lifespan of 400 years (give or take) until the person in question does something either stupid (Co-star on Xtreme Jackass), or simply has something bad happen (Lightning, unsafe hygiene/lifestyle, random animal attack, hit by bus, etc.). So... I suppose unless you really want to live in an armored suit with a gas mask, true immortality may not be entirely feasible. Extremely long life, sure! So... It's not as fun as being bitten by an undead sparkly boy (or for you traditionalists, Dracula) but it'd seem a little more human. An immortal (Ala Alexander Corvinus, Underworld) would appeal to me way more than a vampire anyways, because while I'm a nice, fluorescent pasty white, I still like the sun.

Crinoid has a fun point to consider... Medical bills... Currently the various world economies aren't geared to accomodate immortals. People die and if that changed, well, Social Security benefits, 401Ks, retirement pensions, Life insurance, they'd all fall apart. Reasonably speaking, a new government would need to be formed to accept and work with immortals, otherwise after the 65-year mark, an immortal in America (for example) may have a very tough time getting a job. Having a senior Citizen discount and looking 20-something years old might offend some people. So just what would life be like as an immortal in a mortal society? Hmm... All sorts of food for thought...
wanshi
if i can live forever,i have to try my best to make me happy in everyday, of couse health is most important , no matter what happen ,keep myself happy, loneliness is awful ,try my best to make friends ,sharing my happy with them is all my dream in my life!
hamza1122
Wouldn't that be very boring. You'll just keep living on while everyone else is dying lol. That's pretty gay!
jocaboca
tidruG wrote:
Live for 50-60 years, never try to make myself young, and then probably get bored of the world and kill myself...


60 is enough for me xD
speeDemon
depends...

you mentioned that I would live forever... but what will my health status be?
What if I end up becoming an old man with a bent spine, ache everywhere.. and stilll, just not dying..? jeez, that would be.. mm... stupid!

on the other hand, if I stay 'fit' for eternity.. I would roam around the whole world, and then probably try to learn a lot about science and stuff... and finally, as many people must have said, get bored, and kill myself....
[FuN]goku
I'd probably sleep alot.... or NOT sleep (assuming I can live through alot of sleep deprivation Razz )
Iunno... It's hard to say.
Dean_The_Great
I suppose the answer to that would be EVERYTHING. I would go all over the world, see everything there is to see, work as many many different professions. And really, after the first 50-100 years you would be rich, so you wouldn't need to worry about money after that.
biljap
It depends if I would be young and healthy for all that time.

Well, I would have enough time to learn from my mistakes and to correct them... I guess I would also be able to earn enough money to live the life the way I want. I wouldn’t stay on one place all the time. I would try living in other countries and doing different things.
The bad thing is, as someone already said, that you would continue to live while people you meet and spend time with, will eventually die...

I think that “living forever” is interesting subject for conversation and an interesting thought... And maybe all of us would like to have that possibility, but... When you really think about it – living forever is just too much time.
carlospro7
I have no idea. I would probably get tired of living.
paskifire
How bout killing yourself forever? Since you'll live forever
mudshake
me i really not hoping or wanting to live forever, besides nothing is forever in this life..
i just want to enjoy my life too the fullest.
and i want to die young, don't want to see my self having a wrinkles and ugly skin. lolz!
amazonbarry
This question blows my mind.
fubu
i dont want to live forever knowing that my my loved ones are not living forever too..because they are the reason why im living if they are not around iam lifeless! Sad
jabce85
yeah, first of all i wouldn't want to live on this earth forever in the first place..... but after i learned all the trades that i could and basically learned every job i found interesting... oh, and traveled the world over a couple times....... and somehow managed not to get killed.... i would probably go out in some huge blaze of glory after my nine-hundred and twenty-third birthday
czarulit
I'll be really worried, because I have a big gift for messing up things and don't want to even think what would be in 100 or 200 years.
BinahZ
IM too tired. As u age I think the idea of living forever becomes less attractive.
deanhills
BinahZ wrote:
IM too tired. As u age I think the idea of living forever becomes less attractive.
It probably would be great to live forever if you are at a young age?
Arty
I would rule the world and make it into my own image. Just like any god would (after assuming immortality.)
speeDemon
I would probably try to do all different types of jobs possible... and become the best in all fields..!
Insanity
I would probably learn as much as I could. I would learn every instrument there is to play, learn every language, and become skilled in as many jobs as I possibly could. I would imagine this wouldn't take more than a few thousand years anyways. After all that, life would most likely get very boring, depending on whoever is still alive after so long. I'm guessing that at some point in the future we're going to have a nuclear winter anyways, so it probably wouldn't matter that much how long you lived for. In any case, the sun would go supernova and the entire solar system would be in ruins. So yeah, not a happy prospect. I doubt I would live that long anyways, since I'm sure some accident or something somewhere would get me first. Unless this assumes you are immortal or something. Then that's a different story.
Mihkel
I wann be always young and try everything. I think it will be cool to see "alien technology" (i mean technology improves all the time) . Problably kill myself sooner or earlier.
Ghost900
I would want to be 25ish and I would build a huge brick house that would last forever so that I wouldn't keep buying new houses. I would probably not rush life as I have an unlimited time to live.
Greatking
if i had a chance to live forever i would want to be the richest person i the whole world. and help the poor and make life easier for people all round.
crimson_aria
I always thought living for even 500 hundred years is short when it comes to knowing about the world. It's my ultimate dream to travel around the world so if I could live forever, that'is definitely what I would do. I would travel without anything particular in mind, I would just.. go and see whatever or wherever place circumstances lead me to. be adventurous, learn, help others, and live. but I don't really want to live forever though. hehe.
deanhills
It would be great, as we would get a chance to completely recreate ourselves all the time. We could get to be lawyers, medical doctors or IT geeks, all the professions you can get in the world. We can start over at any time or change our directions at any time, without having to worry about time.
guissmo
I shall decide to be an emo vampire and trick high school girls into loving me.
guth75
I would try out everything, that would be the best thing to do. Find out what you are best at and become rich Smile

That's what I would do, in a small summary. I would doa lot more, but that kinda describes it all...
rayz0r
I would gather up money and invest it in the stock market. Like a lot of money.
Then in a few years time use the return to buy property and rent it out, covering the land fees and or mortgages.

Continue doing this till I own a lot of land and property and stock, which over the cause of a few decades become worth infinitely more.

And in the meantime I would make a shitload of kids because of the ultimate pick up line - money Very Happy
rafaelplinio
I would live forever!!!... rsrsrsrsrsrs...
kiding... I would thy to search for hilander!!! He would be my master, right?!?!?..rsrsrs...
Ok. kiding again...
I would try to help more this world, because we know we are killing it just by the small things...
Everything is killing this planet.... EVERYTHING!!!
Think about it!!
If you just drive your car... you're using petroil... and poluting the earth!!! Overheating it!!! Killing us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is only one way to not kill the enviroment... dying!!!..rsrs... and becoming petroil... for someone to use!

Bye!
metalfreek
Well what will I do??? May be stay young as far as possible. Drink a lot Very Happy

Earn as much money as I can. Rolling Eyes

But when I get old i will definitely kill myself.

Idea
Hello_World
I would keep learning. I could learn about everything!
shivaghimire
Probably I would have done nothing and try for nothing if I live forever. I have to die so I am doing all this so that I would be remembered after my death too.
Navigator
No need for that, some people even this day think they will live forever.
Ryox
Hmmm!!!!!

If I could spend my whole life with my girl for all Eternity. That would be my greatest objective of all times!! << Spending time with her is all I ever want to do in my whole life...

Another thing I would do is be a Professional Computer Programmer/Designer..
chatrack
With all lot of time, I like to travel every where, on to places I have seen only in TV.
kiralight
what?? forever life Shocked
i will sad when i see my family or my friend go to heaven.. Crying or Very sad
sorry for my bad english. i speak in bahasa
u16888
Well, If I have forever life. 1st is to get rich, because I don't want to be a poor man and looking for money every day. 2nd is young, because I want to try travelling to any place. 3rd is health, I donlt want to speed my forever life in the hospital
The_unnamed_label
I'd get bored...
watchftp
I think it's quality, not quantity, that matters.
spinout
I would try to outsmart the universe so I could get some good stuff out of it.
But that would be mission impossible I presume--- Rolling Eyes

Hm, once in a lifetime - well for ever ... hm ok I have nothing else to do so lets bring it on.
Crockett024
I would try to make things better for everyone. Try to decrease poverty, find cures for diseases, etc.
TheGremlyn
I realize now that that would be a terrible thing... You'd have to work for the rest of your life because you can't not work and hope to enjoy life. I mean, think of people who work in a call centre and have been for a few years or 10. Now picture that person working in a call centre for the rest of their life. I mean, its one thing to think that its 10 years our of your life, its another to realize that it could be a hell of a lot longer and you just don't make enough money to get yourself anywhere else.

Also, things would get pretty boring... You'd have all that time and you'd do everything, go anywhere... Takes the fun out of it when you go from "I only live so long so I have to try and get to these places or I have to do these things" to "well... I live forever so there's no big hurry" or "well... I saw that... I did that... there's not a lot left to do."

And I feel terrible for this but all those annoying people that you don't like... they're going to be around for a lot longer... And then there's all the stupid people in the world... they'll probably be your neighbour for a few decades.... and they're not going anywhere any time soon either.
deanhills
TheGremlyn wrote:
And I feel terrible for this but all those annoying people that you don't like... they're going to be around for a lot longer... And then there's all the stupid people in the world... they'll probably be your neighbour for a few decades.... and they're not going anywhere any time soon either.
I think that would definitely be the worst part of it for me! Twisted Evil
bukaida
Life should be lived in deed, not in years. I will like to live only those many days which I can live being physicaly and mentaly fit. Moreover, having an abnormal span of life, and observing my near and dear ones passing one by one in front of my eyes is an extremely painful thing. I am mortal and like to be mortal. Only thing is that, when I say my final goodbye, I should be surrounded by my near and dear ones. I like to be immortal by my deeds.

There is a proverb by Saint Kabir--

Quote:
Says Kabir, “when I was born( I cried ) all laughed in happiness
Let me do such deeds that when I will die, I will laugh and others cry in distress

MEANING
When a son is born all laugh in happiness on the birth of the son. Kabir says that he should do such deeds on earth that all will praise and be happy. And, when he departs on death others will be sorry to have lost such a good and helpful soul but he will be happy as he did not harm anybody.
Gitesh
frozenhead wrote:
By the time you'd reached the age of 500+.. You're one of the most bored person in the whole world...

I'm pretty sure you'll be depress on what is happening around you..

In short..

I'll find a way to end my life coz I dont want to live forever.. Idea

___________________________________________


I doubt about the boring part., we dont get bored by living for 70-80 years.,
Instead of getting depressed i would rather get to work on something like superhero thing and get myself busy so no time to get busy.
Peterssidan
Does that mean I'm immortal? In that case my biggest concern would be what to do when the earth is swallowed by the sun. I guess that would hurt a lot, for a very long time.

If it just means that I can't die from natural causes I guess I wouldn't do much different. Maybe take less risks but I doubt it.
johans
i dont want to live immortal. I just want to leave in a simple and happy life. everyday struggle is there but i want to have easy and simple life.
Dennise
Very hypothetical but ............


I'd try hard to mend mistakes made earlier in my life and apply what I have learned over many decades to humanity's problems.
bsd67
The Bible says we could live forever in perfect conditions. Someday it will be a reality, Im sure it would be awesome to wake up every day feeling great wondering what we could do that day. I want to travel
The world and be at peace with the animals.
tonberry
I'd start making fun of mortals and use every opportunity to remind them how fragile and pathetic their lives are.
amagard
Henry Morgan in the TV Show 'Forever' spends much of his endless life to study the different ways of death ( yes, he can die, but is always re-born in New Yorks's Hudson River ).

Bizarr !
People tend to seek what they don't have. Even the capability to die.
Insanity
So much stuff to do! I would learn as much as I could about variosu different hobbies and read everything. I could learn so many different skills that I could enjoy and make my life more entertaining. I could cook, play various different musical instruments, and learn various different languages that I can use to communicate with pretty much everyone in the world. I don't think I would run out of things to do.

That being said, there is something to be said about living forever being actually forever. Sooner or later you would have to run out of things to do. You would learn all the langauges in the world and play all the instruments in the world (and even more once you invent different instruments of your own)! Then it would get veyr boring and dull and you might be so bored,.
loveandormoney
rexrae wrote:
I will not try and live forever as i have better things to do in heaven.But as i live for 100 or 200 years Mr. Green, i might try to become a multitrillionaire and...
lets see if i become one.

But some might want to live forever and here is an interesting stuff for them

New Invention Allows Humans To Live Forever.
http://www.alexchiu.com/eternallife/index.html

He says opposite magnetic poles placed on the right and left side of the body increases blood circulation,'electric current' and thereby matabolism,that fights aging.He has a whole wide website on this and a whole lot of crazy ideas like teleportation,UFOS,Philosophy etc.



Same like today.
Why do You ask?


Magnetic pole problem? Sure. You can put out 50% of the brain during an operation in an hospital and You can survive better because no more fighting.
chiragjn
I will try killing myself with all the dumb ways to die Razz
rusher
Go hide and try to survive or just end it.
zarawatsonn
In my opinion if we live for forever, life is getting bored. So, I think the current life scenario is better, and there is no any need to change it.
Related topics
STEVEN WRIGHT QUOTES
Bumper Stickers
My list of musics
How long will Earth survive?
How do you want to die?
afterlife?
Want to know if LOVE is real?
Is there a life after death?
Alternate Realities
Become immortal! Honest!
Give me a HOLLA if you are a fervent agnostic!
How do you want to die
Is it possible to live forever?
If you could live forever, which age do you want to be?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.