FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mouse double / tripple clicks

Dark-Tech
for some reason when i click with my mouse it seems to double or triple click, and it doesn't seem to be the mouse cause it appears to happen when i try another mouse.

any idea what is causing this?

it gets really annoying fast when your trying to click a check box and it double clicks unchecking the box u just checked
ocalhoun
Control Panel --> Mouse (icon) --> Buttons (tab) --> Double click speed (slider)

That's how it is in vista; it should be similar for other windows computers. Just adjust that until you're comfortable with it.
Kelvin
yup, just look under the control panel for the mouse settings and adjust the clicking rate. It's strange though that the double click rate is so sensitive for the custom settings for your computer. Maybe it was accidentally set by someone else. My mouse double clicks too but it's due to wear and tear and i've just recently replaced it. No problems now.
Jaan
That happens to me too sometimes but it's because my sensitivity is really high and the mouse needs to be still to properly click, otherwise it feels like you clicked but you clicked and dragged... so maybe try clicking when its really still or lowering the sensitivity?

let us know, cheers
FunDa
This happened to me when using Ubuntu in a laptop , though in windows it worked just fine.

but the strange thing is that the touchpad buttons worked fine. It might have been a driver problem
Craeft
This happens to me as well on the computer I am using now. No matter what mouse I use, it double/triple clicks at random times. It isn't the mouse settings as that was the first thing I thought and immediately started adjusting settings. There was no change. I'm still a bit baffled by it, but I decided to just live with it since I don't really use this computer for design work or gaming anymore.
sonam
The problem maybe is not in the mouse. If this not your computer maybe is someone before you set single-click to open item. This option is for lazy people (like me) what don't like twice clicking. You can check what is seted in Control Panel -> Folder Options -> General -> Click items as follows.

Sonam
shkhanal
Well this happened to be amusing problem, though me too facing same too often. I'm using vista.
Craeft
sonam wrote:
The problem maybe is not in the mouse. If this not your computer maybe is someone before you set single-click to open item. This option is for lazy people (like me) what don't like twice clicking. You can check what is seted in Control Panel -> Folder Options -> General -> Click items as follows.

Sonam

I am the only one who uses and has ever used/setup this computer.
FunDa
Dark-Tech wrote:
for some reason when i click with my mouse it seems to double or triple click, and it doesn't seem to be the mouse cause it appears to happen when i try another mouse.

any idea what is causing this?

it gets really annoying fast when your trying to click a check box and it double clicks unchecking the box u just checked

Is it corrected yet ? How did you repair it ?
helpplease
help please,,,every time I click a box,it un checks it...like when I accept gifts for farmville I check boxex to accept and it unchecks as soon as I check it...I fight with it doing that.
FunDa
helpplease wrote:
help please,,,every time I click a box,it un checks it...like when I accept gifts for farmville I check boxex to accept and it unchecks as soon as I check it...I fight with it doing that.

Check the mouse click settings.. Make the click speed very slow.

Happens for many computers. You are not alone...