FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moderators && Payed Option?

coreymanshack
Add some new moderators? The forums are quickly filling with trash posts! RVEC can't keep up with all of it! Bondings these forums desperately need you, they are becoming trash Sad

Hosting is still top of the line Very Happy

If you charged for hosting, I would not have a problem paying for it!
Maybe we could lower the free account's resources, move them all to the worst server, and add a payed option, but you know, don't make it to expensive, and move paid accounts to the best server. I don't think CPANEL VS DIRECT ADMIN Much matters, I have become fond of Direct Admin.
truespeed
I don't think a payed option will ever be introduced to frihost,also if it were why should payed users be treated any better than free users,as the free users contribute a lot to the forums and also create search engine traffic that gets converted to clicks and income for frihost,so in their own way they are paying for it.

As for the moderators,i only really see rvec,Morpheos and bikerman around these days,weather they need any more however is debatable.
deanhills
coreymanshack wrote:
Add some new moderators? The forums are quickly filling with trash posts! RVEC can't keep up with all of it! Bondings these forums desperately need you, they are becoming trash Sad

Hosting is still top of the line Very Happy

If you charged for hosting, I would not have a problem paying for it!
Maybe we could lower the free account's resources, move them all to the worst server, and add a payed option, but you know, don't make it to expensive, and move paid accounts to the best server. I don't think CPANEL VS DIRECT ADMIN Much matters, I have become fond of Direct Admin.

I actually like Frihost exactly the way it is right now. Agreed that perhaps new moderators could be added to look out for spam postings, but there are more moderators than RVEC and Chris has been doing excellent work as well, so has 007 and quite a number of the others. I am happy that the moderators are not too intrusive, as once the postings get too much censorship, I think it is going to inhibit people from posting. Too much Government is never a good thing. Smile
coreymanshack
truespeed wrote:
I don't think a payed option will ever be introduced to frihost,also if it were why should payed users be treated any better than free users,as the free users contribute a lot to the forums and also create search engine traffic that gets converted to clicks and income for frihost,so in their own way they are paying for it.

As for the moderators,i only really see rvec,Morpheos and bikerman around these days,weather they need any more however is debatable.

Because paid users is a static revenue, free users don't generate as many clicks as you think. Hosting isn't all about forums, it's about uptimes and quality.

Deanhills:
Looks like me you and truespeed are the only ones doing any posting here. You trying to suck up to a mod reading this? Like frihost the way it is? I like it too, but some changes could be for the better.
Hogwarts
coreymanshack wrote:
I like it too, but some changes could be for the better.

'Some' is quite the understatement Razz

Anyhow, Frihost is Free, Reliable Internet Hosting -- Not Shoddily Hosted Internet Trash. This has been suggested time faster time and is even featured on the "Things that you MUST not suggest", although I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you didn't read that despite the not-so-subtle "READ BEFORE POSTING" Sad

Things that you MUST not suggest wrote:
14) Paid Hosting.

Paid hosting can be great, and a great money spinner, but I don't think it should ever have a place on Frihost.
rvec
Hogwarts wrote:
Anyhow, Frihost is Free, Reliable Internet Hosting -- Not Shoddily Hosted Internet Trash. This has been suggested time faster time and is even featured on the "Things that you MUST not suggest", although I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you didn't read that despite the not-so-subtle "READ BEFORE POSTING" Sad

Things that you MUST not suggest wrote:
14) Paid Hosting.

Paid hosting can be great, and a great money spinner, but I don't think it should ever have a place on Frihost.

Thx for pointing that out already.
And I liked reading this topic, I am mentioned a lot Smile

Hogwarts wrote:
'Some' is quite the understatement

pfff Rolling Eyes

So this topic is only about more mods needed now, for other stuff make a new topic (and don't forget to use the search function and read the sticky).
ocalhoun
If you think the forums are full of trash, do your part by reporting the trash posts. It really isn't bad at all, especially compared to what it could be, and what I've seen in other places. If there starts to be too many reports for the existing mods to handle, then perhaps some new ones will be appointed.
mathiaus
Good news!! I'll be being a lot more active this year, like I used to be Very Happy
coreymanshack
Wow, this is one of the few posts where people have actually replied. I'll ask a question in the programming section and noone will answer. I was not aware a thread existed stating what not to be suggested, how could I have thought to search for that? I should've read stickies before posting. But yes, more mods now.

On a side note, anyone looked at the unanswered posts section lately?
Lucifer
I think the website should stay free, this is what attracted me to join the forums. It's different, and if this site became premium then it'd be just 'another hosting site'.
deanhills
mathiaus wrote:
Good news!! I'll be being a lot more active this year, like I used to be Very Happy

That is good news! Any specific areas that you are going to be more active in at Frihost?
Hogwarts
coreymanshack wrote:
I'll ask a question in the programming section and noone will answer.

The question, I assume, is your one about Java.
  • Java isn't used by as many people as the other forums' categories
  • Java is used even less by Frihost's users
  • The above point probably relates to Frihost not supporting JSP (as far as I know)
coreymanshack
Hogwarts wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

• The above point probably relates to Frihost not supporting JSP (as far as I know)

Java is parsed on the client side.
Java can use mysql(on frihost).
Don't understand how noone here knows anything about Java if they are at all into web programming.
That was one of my posts unanswered, yes.
ocalhoun
coreymanshack wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

Don't understand how noone here knows anything about Java if they are at all into web programming.

Well, if its a very important question about things like that, then you could put the topic in webhosting support, and you should get some help from the Frihost staff, even if everybody else ignores it.
Otherwise, you just have to depend on the goodwill and knowledge of the Frihosters, and your own luck... If any of those things are lacking at the moment, you may not get any good help in that case.

*edit*

Personally, I try to keep it at at least a 1:1 ratio of asking for help/giving help. That can't be enforced, but if most people generally follow a guideline like that, this problem shouldn't happen much.
Hogwarts
coreymanshack wrote:

• Java is not a soley client-side parsed language, in fact it's very, very horrible as a client-side language.
  • Firstly, Frihost does not support JSP, that would deter a few people who care about Java from coming to Frihost, wouldn't it?

Edit:
The bb-codes here are unfixable. Frihost's forums do it again! Sad
coreymanshack
Hogwarts wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

• Java is not a soley client-side parsed language, in fact it's very, very horrible as a client-side language.
  • Firstly, Frihost does not support JSP, that would deter a few people who care about Java from coming to Frihost, wouldn't it?

Edit:
The bb-codes here are unfixable. Frihost's forums do it again! Sad

I find it quiet useful as a client side language Very Happy. Anyway, offtopic here, can i get this locked?
rvec
-locked-