FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Way to wire gamecube controller to PC without adapter?

weableandbob
Is there any way at all to re-wire a gamecube (or N64, for that matter) controller to work with PC's without buying an adapter? I'm going to guess and say no, but just checking because I'm really cheap and don't like to buy stuff when I can attempt (key word) to make it Wink . I'd prefer an option where you can use USB, but I have tons of old cables lying around that I could use as well. A few to mention would be DA-15 (the 15 pin port used commonly for joysticks), serial, parallel (although I doubt that would be of any use), an old mouse and keyboard, and probably any other type of cable that is or was commonly used with PC's, externally or internally.
brokenadvice
Here is someone who wired a N64 to serial
http://arcadecontrols.com/Mirrors/emulatronia/n64pad/

and someone who wired a NES controler to a paralel port
http://forum.hackedgadgets.com/viewtopic.php?t=1603

The former is probably not of much use as you need a bunch more stuff, but the latter looks like it just needs some splicing. Hopefully you have a parallel port!
weableandbob
Thanks, but I don't have a nes controller to use (and it wouldn't be too much use to me anyways, not enough buttons), and I probably couldn't even do the n64 one if I tried (I can't do anything but the simplest soldering jobs.)