FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[RESOLVED] lost my system recovery points

dick60
WHo can help me, when I clean my pc with REGVAC, i lose mij recovery points from XP.
Where are they stored so I can keep them?

Gr. Dick
yjwong
It's in System Volume Information.
To view the folder in C:\, you must go to Tools and then Folder Options.
Click on the view tab. You will see hidden files and folders. Select "Show hidden files and folders. Scroll down a little bit and then uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

Then you will see a lot of things in the root of your drive. Attempt to go into System Volume Information. If it says access denied, right click on the folder and edit the permission settings to full control for yourself...

If Windows doesn't let you edit the permissions, boot into safe mode and use the default admin account. Go in and set permissions and return to normal mode..
progman89
I'm not sure that will fix it because most programs don't cut out hidden files from their cleaning...you should have to disable an option to clean restore points in REGVAC (I've never used that specific program but you usually have to do that).
dick60
yjwong, thanks for youre responce but I cannot fing it in the root. Myhidden files you can see but can't see the file you mentioned.
Can you help me?
Gr. Dick
donj
Sometimes, the restorepoints are stored somewhere else. You should have a look on other drives than your C:\ one.

If you cannot find it that way: Click Start -> Find -> Search files and folders and type "*System Volume Information*" without the "quotes". Search in all your harddrives and you in your advanced search options to search also the hidden files and folders.
dick60
I found the files and changed the setting of vacclean. Now it works fine.
Everone thanks for the help.
Gr. Dick
orno
problem solved...
topic resolved...

-close-