FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

first wedding pics

bjwok
Shot my first wedding in December, be keen to hear everyones thoughts on these - the best of the 191 shots I gave to the client...

cheers Smile
dude_xyx
Great creative Photos. Congrats wish you all the best for your career !
nigam
wow....I love it...very nice...good luck!!!!!
deanhills
Very creative. My favourite are the ones that were taken under the bridge. Good stuff!!
Rosabelle
Oh, wow... Congratulations on your first wedding shoots. They're all wonderful. =] I especially like the hands in the heart (the last one).
lethaltriad
love how you captured the wedding, you caight some great moments i'm sure the couple will cherish for years to come. Compositions are good and keeps you interested and love the post processing also. Great job for your first wedding. I like 5 alot and also 9, very creative
bjwok
thanks for all the comments guys Smile

i am very happy with the results and now that i have 1 wedding down and in my portfolio, i can charge a little more for the next one (as i have proof of what i can achieve!)
Cove
Wow! I really like all those photos! Everything just seems to catch the eye and nothing is two hard on them either. Great work!
wab11287
Wow, I have to say those are some amazing pictures you took there. What type of camera do you use? I really love the effects you use. Did you edit them later in a program like photoshop? The colors and contrast of the images are great. You really seemed to have captured the moment and joy of the event.

Very nice work.
bjwok
thanks wab Smile

i shoot with a canon 5d and either a 24-70 of 70-200 (depending on what's needed).

all the post processing is done in lightroom, aside from a final levels/sharpen in photoshop.

thanks for the nice comments Smile
bonestorm74
Yeh nice shots. I'd be interested to see the before shots (before post processing that is), looks like you've done quite a bit of work on depth of field and colorization etc. Attractive work anyway.
bjwok
if we could attach pics here i would happily post the before ones, but because i only host the best ones at my site (then hotlink here) i won't be hosting those ones, but yeah you are right i have heavily processed them to get to this state.
michaeljscott93
Fantastic Shots!!! I like the composition and the colour, how did you get that contrast detail effect?
bjwok
thanks man Smile

lightroom - it's a wonderful thing!
lethaltriad
yeah i've been playing around a lil more with lightroom and somoe cool free presets I googled and getting some really nice results straight from lightroom and then just refine it a lil more in photoshop. But for like bulk bathc processing of events lightroom is awesome.
bjwok
yeah man, that's pretty much how i work!

now, start posting your work here! (start a thread and send me a link incase i miss it)
adamprisa
nice pics
soljarag
great shots!, I like the off-angled ones and the DOF
bjwok
thanks champ Smile
imera
When I get married (IF) then I'll certainly want you. I love pictures that looks so much more creative, the pictures my cousin have of her wedding are jut crap compared to these, hers looks like someone took it with a one time use camera, doesn't have any idea of using light, angle and other effects to give great pictures. Even I took better pictures than that guy did. He was probably cheap, or maybe free Razz