FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to deal with firrefox ?

MEHALA
If i lets say create a website in HTML in text editor like notepad , why do internet explorer shows it wright and firrefox thoes not , for examplle firrefox says that thoes not know ...extesion wen u push a image witch is a link ?
GB
I think you should post the code. Firefox is very easy to code for in my opinion as it is more standards based than IE. So post the code here and I'll take a look at it and see if I can help.
cavey
Try to upload the files to the webserver before you preview the pages in your browsers.
wylieconlon
The simple answer is: all browsers interpret code differently, even though standards exist for how they should do so.

Modern browsers like Firefox and Safari mostly follow those standards, and therefore look mostly the same. Internet Explorer is notorious for its incorrect rendering though, and valid code doesn't always work—so when you say that Internet Explorer displays it "right" and Firefox doesn't, it's actually the other way around. You can learn the correct way through the tutorials on w3schools.com or on any other tutorial site. Good luck!
sonam
Quote:
extesion wen u push a image witch is a link ?

If you think on hyperlink (http://www.somesite.com/someimage.jpg) then maybe you need to insert (or delete) www in your hyperlinks.

Sonam
pho3nixsky
w3schools.com is very helpful i'd check that out if i were you Wink
snowboardalliance
Validate your code with w3 validator. I'm just going to guess it will fail. That's a good starting point. Post your code here/possibly post it with the validation so we can see what's wrong. Good luck.
tomede
snowboardalliance wrote:
Validate your code with w3 validator. I'm just going to guess it will fail. That's a good starting point. Post your code here/possibly post it with the validation so we can see what's wrong. Good luck.

What is w3 validator?
snowboardalliance
tomede wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:

What is w3 validator?

Your best friend Wink http://validator.w3.org/
but seriously, it helps a lot.
Arty
wylieconlon wrote:
The simple answer is: all browsers interpret code differently, even though standards exist for how they should do so.

Modern browsers like Firefox and Safari mostly follow those standards, and therefore look mostly the same. Internet Explorer is notorious for its incorrect rendering though, and valid code doesn't always work—so when you say that Internet Explorer displays it "right" and Firefox doesn't, it's actually the other way around. You can learn the correct way through the tutorials on w3schools.com or on any other tutorial site. Good luck!

QTF, firefox is much better than ie. Smile
keane
It could be that there's something wrong with your code. You might have unclosed tags. Also, different browsers interpret code differently. That's why it's handy to use CSS hacks for different browsers. It's quite bloody, but that's the only way to make your layout look consistent on all browsers.