FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Age of Empires: Mythology = Age of Mythology ??

Starrfoxx
I've seen Age of Empires: Mythology in the stores for the Nintendo DS. Is this the same as the Age of Mythology game that was for the PC awhile ago?
riccopt
I don't know... but if it is not the same thins it probably is very similar...
DeviousMUD
age of mythology was a great game but I lended the game to a friend and he broke it >_<. Age of empire is kind of like mythology except well... theres no mythological creatures! basically you are in control of a colony in which you can create riflemen or any other type of soldier you might need. I myself think AoM is better but thats just my opinion... I'm not sure about other people.
bloodrider
The answers have run out a little of the subject Razz

Starrfoxx wrote:
I've seen Age of Empires: Mythology in the stores for the Nintendo DS. Is this the same as the Age of Mythology game that was for the PC awhile ago?

Yes, it's the same game. If you want to be sure go to http://www.gamespot.com Wink
Spartan
I'd guess it is; Age of Empires and Age of Mythology were both made by the same people; no one else would be able to take the name Age of Empires. Anyways, I played a bit of Mythology, and a lot of AoE. I like the concept of Mythology more, but they're both great games. Wink
Nutteloos
I think people are misreading the original poster. To (try and) make it clear:

2 games:
Age of Empires: Mythology (a DS game)
Age of Mythology (the PC game)

Are they the same, essentially?
blk3
Well their both strategy games. I think Age of Mythology was only for Pc. I'm not sure if its been ported over to the DS. If it was being ported it may not be REAL time, it might become turn based instead.
nsdmoney
If they are the same game, i am almost sure that the one for ds will be nothing like the one for PC, graphics, and sound. As well i think it might have less functions.
Nutteloos
I agree, real-time strategy games are simply impossible if you cannot use a mouse. Strategy games for game consoles tend to always turn into turn-based games.

Big example: Advance Wars. That game was very decent.