FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All in One Computers

Possum
Hi

Has anyone got some advice on what is the best All in One Computer to buy.
ocalhoun
I'd avoid it unless you have really bad issues with enough space to put a normal one. They'll be much more difficult to repair or upgrade later, and much more expensive now.
william
I completely agree with ocalhoun. If you need to save space and, considering pretty much every all in one uses mobile components, why not simply get a laptop? It has all the benefits of an all in one, and then some.

They're just not worth it to me. A desktop will get you more options and ease in terms of repairs and upgrades, and a laptop offers the same power, along with mobility. So why use an all in one?
Possum
Hi

I though with the introduction of the iMac rang of all in one computer that this type of computer was coming of age.

The Sony VAIO seems interesting

But your advice is still greatfully received
ocalhoun
Possum wrote:

The Sony VAIO seems interesting

They are interesting, and the marketing people do a good job of making them look cool, but really, they're not practical in most cases.
sheedatali
Define your requirements.......

What exactly are you looking for....
Possum
Hi

My main job is programming with Delphi. Delphi does not really need a powerful computer.

Soon I will be traveling up and down New Zealand and Australia.

I hate laptop keyboards. All in one computers seem like they are getting better.

I will also be getting a powerful home computer. The all is one is only fro travel..

cheers Possum..
Idoru
Hm... I have to agree with previous speakers that they are overrated. Really, it isn't to hard to build one,
and if it shall travle a lot, it can be nice having knowledge of the parts inside, to know witch ones to change
or tune if/when needed. There are computer-cases developed with thought on LANers, meant to be carried
from LAN-meeting to LAN-meeting. Perhaps that would be something for you?
ForceRun
I would get one of the larger laptops that has a full size keyboards. The all-in-ones are just so cheap. Macs are okay generally, but cost a bit more, and cost a ton if you have to fix anything.