FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The page cannot be found 404 although pages are uploaded!

ankitdatashn
Hi I am uploading files to my frihost account but new files are not shown through internet browsers.

For example I uploaded 2 files www.orkutvoicescraps.co.cc/test.html & www.orkutvoicescraps.co.cc/test.php but they are not shown and page could not be found is displayed. Rest of the website uploaded some time back is shown as it should be(www.orkutvoicescraps.co.cc).

Please solve this as its causing me problems.
Bondings
You most likely uploaded them into the wrong directory. They should be in "domains/orkutvoicescraps.co.cc/public_html". I couldn't find any test.html or test.php file in that directory.
ankitdatashn
Directory is same as you mentioned Sir. It is: http://216.32.85.170:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/orkutvoicescraps.co.cc/public_html

here there are many files, two of which are test.html and test.php. I can see them clearly in my file manager. Please check again Sir and you will surely find them, hope this problem ends soon, Coz I have to upload some files urgently.

-----------

The content of test.html is simply:

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>
test
</body>
</html>
Bondings
ankitdatashn wrote:
Directory is same as you mentioned Sir. It is: http://216.32.85.170:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/orkutvoicescraps.co.cc/public_html

here there are many files, two of which are test.html and test.php. I can see them clearly in my file manager. Please check again Sir and you will surely find them, hope this problem ends soon, Coz I have to upload some files urgently.

-----------

The content of test.html is simply:

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>
test
</body>
</html>

No no, please don't do anything there, that's the old Server 2! The accounts are now on Server 3. Please use http://www.frih.net:2222/ for your control panel and upload the files there.
ankitdatashn
wow!, you are a genius, really.

Thanks it helped!, I hope Frihost never closes coz its my hosting savior.

And one more question Sir, will my DNS pointers will remain same as before? i.e. ns1.frih.net & ns2.frih.net ??
hunnyhiteshseth
ankitdatashn wrote:

And one more question Sir, will my DNS pointers will remain same as before? i.e. ns1.frih.net & ns2.frih.net ??

I guess this would answer all your queries:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-99580.html
Bondings
ankitdatashn wrote:

Yes they remain the same since they were moved to Server 3 too. Also hunnyhiteshseth linked to my blog post about it.
ankitdatashn
thanks hunnyhiteshseth, that link helped

Thanks bondings. I have suggestion for you, that might be helpful for people who are in a similar situation like mine:

Why dont you have a reserve points system that can be used if anyone has to be temporary out of internet reach. Like I would be joining my company training(about 4-5 months) where there might not be internet facility, so I fear losing my frihost hosting. Think about any solution!! [Sad].
Bondings
ankitdatashn wrote:
Why dont you have a reserve points system that can be used if anyone has to be temporary out of internet reach. Like I would be joining my company training(about 4-5 months) where there might not be internet facility, so I fear losing my frihost hosting. Think about any solution!! [Sad].

What I could do is raise the points limit, giving users a lot longer before they run into negative points. I'm also thinking of completely changing the points system, which could also be a solution. But it most likely won't be for soon.
ankitdatashn
nice to hear that, also for people who like to accumulate points you can make people earn 1 point for 2 or 3 frih$ earned above the point cutoff(45 points). This can help people post more and earn more points if they are going for an abeyance.

Just an idea I thought to convey!