FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Radar
Anyone seen or going to see this movie? I'm kind of concerned that it'll be awful, given that I think most classic films shouldn't be remade, and secondly that it's Keanu Reeves - who is fine, and possibly the most appropriate choice for the role, but may not be the best actor in the world.

Then again, it could be great when viewed by itself, without comparing it to the original.

Thoughts, anyone?
blk3
This might have been really good if it wasn't a remake. Remakes always have been compared to the original. Hollywood seems to be running out of ideas, if they they don't make a remake they reboot a series etc etc.
HalfBloodPrince
Saw it yesterday. It was...nice. Nothing amazing, but not too bad.
crimson_aria
I have not seen the original so chances to compare are zero. I hope I'd enjoy the movie.
Faraz
I hate remakes. Hence don't watch them.
lyndonray
Am not too sure about that movie either. Not a big fan of Keanu generally. I will be in it for the visual effects.
jmi256
I saw it over Christmas, and while the visual effects were pretty neat I was disappointed overall. The original was a great movie and I was looking forward to seeing an update with the latest effects, but they deviated from the original story/plot too much. The only things that really stayed from the original was the original premise of an alien in human form coming to Earth, the scene with the professor and chalkboard, and the name of the movie. In essence they could have called the movie anything and many people would not have linked the two movies.
atul2242
Funny film on a serious subject and it ends on a whim and fancy - He came to save the world from Humans and left without completing his task........
Jamatu
I've heard and read mixed reviews from this. I'll wait till it comes on DVD/blu-ray. Shouldn't have read this post though - damn spoilers!
Zaini711
Just okay movie, not too bad but not too great either. Nothing to shout about, Keanu being Keanu is as expected, passable as a human/alien hybrid. Saying that, Keanu expression is always suitable as an unemotional alien.
keane
The first half of the movie was exciting, but the other half was just plain boring. I was so excited to watch this movie and had high hopes, but didn't really enjoy it that much. I'll give it a 6/10.