FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love Through A Cellphone

mgeek
Here is a cartoon sketch for a card I am working on. The theme is "Love Through A Cellphone". I got the idea from a radio program where teenage callers consult a radio announcer about their love life. There was one who talked about a remote relationship that she is having through SMS.

mgeek
Here is how it looks like in paper. Sorry for the shot, I took it under poor lighting

Ghost Rider103
Very interesting concept you have there.

Looks very good so far.

If I were you, I would actually get someone who knows photoshop really well. Have them just make it look more digital for like on a computer, like a real animation, and then I would try to sell it to the company who does that phone service thing. It might be a good idea to make some extra cash.

You can PM me if your interested in doing that, I can do the design work for you, for half the profit it makes (if it makes any).

Nice job!
Fatality
Funny concept, but very fitting for the times. I like your idea, definitely an original. I like the sketch and art as well. Nicely done.
kerryworkman
I also really like the concept as well as the execution. I like the way the heads transition from reality to the phone screen, really great idea.
mgeek
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Very interesting concept you have there.

Looks very good so far.

If I were you, I would actually get someone who knows photoshop really well. Have them just make it look more digital for like on a computer, like a real animation, and then I would try to sell it to the company who does that phone service thing. It might be a good idea to make some extra cash.

You can PM me if your interested in doing that, I can do the design work for you, for half the profit it makes (if it makes any).

Nice job!

Thanks for the offer but I already have the drawing in a special card.
bbco
I like your idea and your drawing...I think you're on to something here. There's probably a huge untapped market for cards that actually relate to teenagers...and lets face it they're the ones with all the bucks! I hope you come up with a whole line of this stuff and keep posting! It's very refreshing to see someone come up with an original idea.
mgeek
bbco wrote:
I like your idea and your drawing...I think you're on to something here. There's probably a huge untapped market for cards that actually relate to teenagers...and lets face it they're the ones with all the bucks! I hope you come up with a whole line of this stuff and keep posting! It's very refreshing to see someone come up with an original idea.

Right now I am experimenting with a lot of stuff. I've gone back to trying to work on water color for coloring my work. Sketching is easy, but to render my sketches into graphics can take some time.