FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my backlight on my persario v 2000

bigric
The backlight on my laptop come on when i first start the computer but when I log on to the desktop it goes out. My power light comes on and i can see it but no light please help.
steve076
I assume that you are referring to the backlight on the screen. It could be that the laptop is set to output to an external monitor and not the laptop screen. When you go in to Windows the drivers are then outputting to the external monitor only. Try changing the monitor output - this is usually done with a combination for the Fn key and one of the F-keys at the top (often F4 or F5).
bigric
steve076 wrote:
I assume that you are referring to the backlight on the screen. It could be that the laptop is set to output to an external monitor and not the laptop screen. When you go in to Windows the drivers are then outputting to the external monitor only. Try changing the monitor output - this is usually done with a combination for the Fn key and one of the F-keys at the top (often F4 or F5).
I tried to use the combination of fn F4 but I can not see what I am doing.
steve076
One of the F keys should have a blue picture of a monitor on it. This is the key you use with the Fn key pressed. There is nothing to see on the screen, other than after 1, 2 or maybe 3 presses it will hopefully switch on the laptop screen.

If this doesn't work, try going in to Safe Mode and see if the screen works there.