FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the price of Iphone 3G in your area?

snowynight
I love i phone 3g but here we have to pay more than 300 us dollars to buy one. So my curiosity is what is the price of this i phone in your area?
PennyLane
around 450 euros right here (which is too expensive like everything Apple sells...)
Bondings
PennyLane wrote:
around 450 euros right here (which is too expensive like everything Apple sells...)

I checked it at Mobistar and it's even 525€ for the 8GB and 615€ for the 16GB version. The advantage to buy it in Belgium, though, is that the iPhone is unlocked.
Diablosblizz
300+ USD seems about right. It's basically the same here in Canada too. But heck, I'd like to go to Belgium and buy one thats unlocked so I don't have to be stuck with a 3 year contract from some company that has horrible service. Smile
hunnyhiteshseth
In India it is 32000Rs(approx. 640 US$) for 8GB version and 36000Rs(approx. 720 US$) for 16GB version.

It is available with two operators, however, it will be locked to the operator from which you purchase it. Additionally, you will have to have a 2 year contract with the operator.

Although, unlocked iPhone was available in grey market as soon as it was launched in US for around 22000-24000Rs.

My personal opinion is that it too costly for its features. Had it been sold for its US price of 199US$ here, it would have been a hit here. But, now it market is limited.
Frankly with that amount of money I would get a decent laptop with a GSM SIM adapter!!
vineeth
Vodaphone in India sells iPhone at the following prices.

1. iPhone 8 GB : INR 31,000.00
2. iPhone 16 BG : INR 36,100.00

(1 US$ = 45 INR approx)

hunnyhiteshseth said it right, in India we don't prefer an iPhone with such huge price difference between US and Indian markets. Why should we pay more?
Nick2008
16gb = $299.99
8gb = $199.99

I'm not buying an iphone, I guess I'm not into it yet, I use my phone for two things: calling and texting about one message every month.
Insanity
Yeah, it's roughly $300 for a 16GB.
the-guide
In Thailand it's about 35,775.00 BHT (Approx. $1,022.00) for iPhone 3G 8GB and 39,275 BHT. (Approx. $1122.00) for iPhone 3G 16GB and the price are not included 10% VAT.

That's very expensive here!!!

Although I interested in it very much but I think I will not buy it.
officernarc
the iphone is a huge scam. just keep your old phone and buy an ipod touch instead.
erlendhg
Here in Norway it is 5000kr (approximately 733 USD) for an iPhone 3G 8GB. Included in these costs are paying to get rid of the operator binding.
brett2525193
They were $550 NZD in New Zealand for a bit, which is around $300 US
Wouziedotnl
around 400 euros
pll
199 CAD dollars.
With a 3-year agreement!! (That's like $60$ / month for evening&Weekends 9 PM to 7 AM, 250 weekday minutes, 75 text messages and something like 1gb of data maximum)
I hate the agreement because you can get more data for the same price and voice plan on a blackberry.
ankitdatashn
I dont know the exact price but I think Iphone is not worth a buy!!, common 30000 just to talk to someone and entertainment is a no no for me atleast, better buy some other value for money phone.
Vladalf
Here it's 550 euro or even more.
In my oppinion it's too much for such a device.
Vladalf
Fatality
I think the price it probably the same all over the US, but I checked anyway

8Gb - $197
16Gb - $297

I would never buy one though. Way too much money for what you get. I'm quite satisfied to have a phone that I can call out, take calls, has a calendar and maybe a few other little features.
pashmina
in my area it is rs54000 which is equals to 692USD
quite a phone..
snowynight
Nick2008 wrote:
16gb = $299.99
8gb = $199.99

I'm not buying an iphone, I guess I'm not into it yet, I use my phone for two things: calling and texting about one message every month.

You are right. We are now trying to use cell phones as mp3 players, camaras and even laptops and their major use has become sometimes inferior.
I think it's better to buy a low price phine and a good camara, or a laptop. But young generation prefer to keep up with the joneses and be fashionable and special.

By the way, sending 1 message a month is intresting. I used to send thousands of messages some years ago and had to have my keyboard replaced because of over use... A T 29 i remember....
Blazole
the cheapest i have seen is in john lewis for £300.00

think im going to wait for it to become cheaper.
misterXY
Diablosblizz wrote:
300+ USD seems about right. It's basically the same here in Canada too. But heck, I'd like to go to Belgium and buy one thats unlocked so I don't have to be stuck with a 3 year contract from some company that has horrible service. Smile

Theres only fido and rogers, which are both the same company, and we, Canadians, pay the highest data usage and so on, screw buying a contract for a phone, pay and talk with telus was the best way too go l've went through, but we're still being ripped.

The iphone in NB is sold out, or they just haven't updated cause l can't find the pricing.
Helios
A sim free iPhone 16GB 3G would cost you around 1012 USD to 1337 USD in Israel, if you order from an Israeli store.
The 8GB version costs only few tens of dollars less, so it's just better to get the 16GB version.

Quite expensive compared to the prices I see here. Even a basic iPhone 3G will cost you more than 700$ here (similar to the price you'll get in Norway, which erlendhg mentioned).