FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone fly R/C planes??

west18
I have a Parkzone Typhoon 3D and it's one of the best flying and cheapest 4 channel planes I've found.
jwellsy
I like the quarter scale stuff. It's easier for me to see the orientation in flight.
joomla
does my dragonfly helicopter count? Smile

it took me a long time to learn how to adjust and fly it.
r/c is great Smile
bonestorm74
I have a couple of mates that do it but I haven't gotten into it myself as of yet. Looks like fun though. I'll just have to save up some extra cash before I'm able to splurge I guess.
andysart380
i haven't personally but i know a guy who builds the hellicopters, they sound like the real deal sometimes when the rotors are speeding up, kind of cool. If i had some extra money laying around R/C toys would be a nice new hobbie, always wanted a 4x4 truck r/c to race around, cant be electric gotta have gas.
jsfdan
I use to fly them planes. But after a quick crash on the highway, I was banned (per say) by my father. ONTO RC CARS!@
mrcool
i do have honeybee II helicopter...i haven't tried to fly it since everytime i had a try...i will broe some part of my helicopter..
Sphaerenkern
A friend of mine bought some R/C helicopter to bug some guy with it Very Happy He's still practicing though...
kenny990
Ugh I want one, I think them very amusing
ankitdatashn
I normally fly concorde, haha

but seriously saying I have never seen a R/C plane yet Sad
ravikanth
i fly quadrotors, airplanes. Is there some one who can make planes extremely quickly? I am talking in few hours. Any suggestions?
Ivanluisky
I have one Arrow with OS .40 engine but it never flew.. Confused
I'm trying to learn using aerofly simulator connected to my control.
But due to my private pilot exam stduies I don't have anytime to learn Sad.
And I would not want to hit on the car of someone hehe.
Maybe later my arrow will fly Cool.
sw0277
No i have never flown an rc plane but i would like to they really seem like they could be fun! The only thing that makes me nervous about it is they cost so much money and i would be afraid of destroying it! lol
Solon_Poledourus
I got a couple r/c land vehicles and a boat. All home built, but no planes. I have flown those, but not in ages. My uncle has literally dozens of each that he builds. I haven't even played with mine in quite some time. Too busy building my house lately.
michaeljscott93
Model Helicopter Very Happy
Killah
I fly a model Helicopter! It's quite fun! Very Happy
soljarag
I would be afraid of crashing it the first time and wasting all that money Smile
joe_b
soljarag wrote:
I would be afraid of crashing it the first time and wasting all that money Smile

Yeah, crashes aren't any fun at all, but it gives you a great excuse to start building another one! Once you have one, you will want to build some more.
Triple_7
I used to have a rather cheap RC plane, twin prop that turned by simply slowing an engine down, ran off a battery pack...no vertical controls, just speed. It was so touchy I crashed it a few to many times and eventually just couldn't fix it anymore. Thats been several years ago.

Just recently I started to assemble a home built test bird. Taking one of those cheap Styrofoam glider deals I picked up for $1.50 awhile back and fitting it with the old hardware from my original store bought failure. Reworked the wings a little, painted it for a more durable finish, adding a set of landing gear so it can takeoff from the ground instead of having to throw it strait out (which was nearly impossible) like the old one. Hopeing to finish it before to long and see how it works out, if it crashes and gets destroyed I'm only out $1.50 instead of a $100 like the original. Doesn't work, learn from it and go back to the store for another $1.50 glider Laughing

Not to worried about the additions to the glider being to heavy, those 2 little engines are quite powerful, main thing is just to get the thing balanced right so it takes off and climbs smoothly. That originals main problem was it was too lite for that kind of power, always shot strait up, stalled, then dived to the ground every time. Embarassed Hoping to have enough weight with the large wings to keep the speed down and have a slower but more controlled flight, no more rocket ships this time Rolling Eyes
nigam
joe_b wrote:
soljarag wrote:

Yeah, crashes aren't any fun at all, but it gives you a great excuse to start building another one! Once you have one, you will want to build some more.

me too.....bought 4 times of washer...until now, i still dont know how to fly my r/c heli...i gave up...